The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Longchamp Lad is back

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Longchamp Lad is back

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Longchamp Lad
    • Total Posts 35

Afer several months of computer anguish and various other distractions I can report that I’m back in the Forum.  Everything that  you wanted to know about French racing on the flat will be available. Except likely winners. And don’t ask about Andre Fabre because he seems to be going nowhere at the moment but bear in mind that the French seem to train with the back end in mind. Which is why they tend to win the Arc.

And, incidentally, if Passager got to be a close 3rd in the Lockinge that tells you more about the Lockinge than it does about Passager.

(Edited by Longchamp Lad at 8:55 pm on June 14, 2007)

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Hi Longchamp!!

Question for you:

Is their anyway of finding out how much was in the win and place pool for the 6th race at Stassbourg on the 13th June?

When i`m on the track in France i can get an overview by looking at the monitors,just wondered if i could find something online,it`s info i need because i`m convinced the Bookies (Not in France or UK)are dumping my bets on the PMU and i need to know what the pool can take without being greatly influenced, 14,0 to 6,2 for a horse that wasn`t once picked by the PT is disappointing although i realise one of the problems was the day trippers from over the border especially has they won 5 races!!

So if your any wiser where i can see pool turnover i would be grateful….thanks!!

Longchamp Lad
    • Total Posts 35

Tony 25

I’ve never been able to track the pool details on the PMU site (http://www.pmu.fr). All I can tell you is that they paid €6.20 for a win with €2.40, €5.30 and €8.00 for the three places. But you probably knew that anyway. I’ll dig around and will let you know if I find anything.<br>LL

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 36

Bonjour,Longchamp

I could see in your profile that you’re located in Paris.Are you French or British?

I live in Normandy and work with harness horses.Great meeting next Sunday in Vincennes with 11 races.It’s the first time we have so many races the same day on the same track.Several groups 1 in the card but you may be not interested in horses racing like Ben Hur

Salut

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2155

tony25,

<br>probably not quite the detail you want, but this site seems to have someone recording price movements under "cotes":

http://www.geny.com/Cotes/c/174985/2007 … prises.htm

<br>results and divis of course are under "arrivées/rapports"

<br>best regards

wit

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Thanks Wit

Had a good look through the site which has changed since the last time i looked,even registered,however,still not allowed in “Cotes“.

what it is……..i can bet any amount in the pool and even get a 4% discount on the win and 6% on exotics (Thats 50% of what a PMU agency receives has payment),alternatively,i can bet through Bookmakers in Germany/Austria/Belgium/Italy etc,they pay Tote prices and in theory  they “hold“ the bet so it`s not going into the pool,however,i`m almost sure the “b*****d
    s“ are dumping!!……….I suppose i would do the same in their situation ,all the same i need to sort this out because its getting to “point silly“,that`s the reason i need to find out pool sizes.

Despite the take out of the PMU and the risk of playing at floating prices, French racing is still a great medium for the pro punter,this especially becomes apparent when the fields are international,that doesn`t neccessarily mean group races has many German,Italian,Swiss and Spanish horses run in France on a regular basis,many are even h`capped so if you have half a clue where these things are going getting some fancy prices aint that difficult!!

I`ve always been convinced that this game is about being international!!

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2155

hi tony

i had no problem getting free access around the site – including Cotes – at the time i posted the link, but now i’m getting the barrier of a log-in screen too, and no access to Cotes.

i’ve never registered with them so maybe they relax access to non-subscribers during the hours of darkness after one day’s racing is over and the next is yet to start, as regards historical info……

anyway, from memory, what they had in Cotes for each horse was :

–  opening divi

–  percentage of stakes attributable to that opening divi

– closing divi

– percentage of stakes attributable to that closing divi

– graphic with arrows showing significant movement in or out between the two.

there were two big shorteners with "double green" arrows – Pegmalion and (backed even more) Yeva Winner – and one big lengthener with the "double brown" arrows – forget the name, but it was quite short to start, might have been Royale Woman.

in terms of overall percentage of stakes placed, i think they had Pegmalion third behind Yeva and (say) Royale , accounting for around 13.7% of final win stakes, and that produced its final win divi of 6,20.

the ability to compare that with Pegmalion’s opening percentage and win divi, and against similar information for each other runner, is basically what the Cotes page offers.  

i was wondering whether it was worth using the contactez-nous button to ask if they record the actual Euro amounts, or whether its a question of having to do a bit of comparative math from the divi amounts and percentages……

anyway, after dark it might be worth  clearing cookies and trying the site again……

best regards

wit

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2155

tony,

link to Cotes has just worked again for me:

<br>col A = n° <br>col B = chevaux <br>col C = jockeys  <br>col D  = premières cotes <br>col E  = cotes finales <br>col F  = évolutions significatives  [graphic not shown]<br>col G  = % premiers enjeux <br>col H  = % enjeux finaux

A    B                    C               D       E      G         H

1 Serlio            A. Suborics      14      9,5   6,0 % 9,0 % <br>2 Silver Sledge  D. Bonilla        14    20   6,0 % 4,3 % <br>3 Pegmalion      D. Boeuf         14     6,2   6,0 % 13,8 % <br>4 Saga Dancer  C. Care            22    21   3,8 % 4,1 % <br>5 Beau Marchand  N. Dieu         17    14   5,0 % 6,1 % <br>6 Mezzolino  T. Jarnet               10     14   8,5 %   6,1 % <br>7 Yeva Winner  V. Vion            7,4     4,6   11,4 % 18,5 % <br>8 Royale Woman  F. Blondel     7,1   7,2   11,9 % 11,8 % <br>9 Poliakova  T. Huet                 14     33   6,0 %    2,6 % <br>10 Coupe du Roi  J. Victoire     8,8    9,1   9,6 % 9,4 % <br>11 Neartica  S. Ruis                 3,3     5,9   25,6 % 14,4 %

<br>Split of stakes among first 8 in the betting at the off:

horse 7   = 18,5% <br>horse 11 = 14,4% <br>horse 3   =  13,8% <br>horse 8   =  11,8% <br>horse10   = 9,4% <br>horse 1    = 9% <br>horse 5    = 6,1% <br>horse 6    = 6,1%

best regards

wit

Tony25
    • Total Posts 327

Wit……..Thanks for your efforts !

I have live pictures and prices from all PMU races and noticed the price was down to about 7,40 4 mins before the race,then went in for a second round and was either refused or got onto small sums,between two of us we managed to get Euro6400m into the win and 2200 into the place (was disappointed with the 2,40),what you tend to find with the Bookies who accept bets on such races is that they dump into the win pool but leave place pool alone thus it can be out of line…………this wasn`t!!

Has the trainer had three horses in the race and Strassbourg is local i guess we suffered more than normal!!

Tougher challenge tommorrow, Munich, local pool is about same as the Blackpool donkey derby so this will be a real challenge,however,no worries as i will play exotics from North Germany to the Austrian Peninsula:biggrin:,where theirs a will theirs a way!!

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

Welcome back, Longchamp. No doubt you hammered into Sarkozy recently too :)  

You don’t fancy a little commission as a postal courier. Just a small matter of a brand new shirt left at a Gare du Nord hotel last week:(

Longchamp Lad
    • Total Posts 35

Zilzal<br>Happy to recover your new shirt and send it back, let me know the necessary. Makes a change from leaving a shirt with the bookie.

In reply to dancarter – I’m an exile from the UK and live right beside Longchamp, in Boulogne-Billancourt (Sarkozy-land of the Haut-Seine). I can’t get into the trotters I’m afraid. Always seems to me to be a bit like Formula One where drivers aren’t allowed to get out of first gear. But it’s quite a sight to see them trotting on the beaches in Normandy.

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

LL

Please see my PM. Thanks for so kindly obliging.

Z :clap:

Longchamp Lad
    • Total Posts 35

Sorry Zilzal, Ive been away too long. PM?

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

<br> :old: Paris Match

Sarkozy has a nicely dressed wife<br> and a naked ambition

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Hi Longchamp Lad,

Is there an established AW circuit in France? And what’s the attitude of the leading stables to the surface if there is.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.