The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lexus 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Lexus 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 187 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I’m surprised that on their very best pieces of form, you have only 1 lb between Kauto Star and Exotic Dancer.

With a plus :wink:

Exotic Dancer at his very best is an exceptional three mile chaser. His run at Haydock on a line through Kauto, Beef Or Salmon and Turpin Green looks like a 180 run to me, he was only a length behind Kauto and Beef Or Salmon ran to pretty much the mark he did the previous year. The form looks consistant and solid.

The difference between the two IMO is that Kauto Star is far more versatile in terms of ground / trip / course. Exotic Dancer in order to run to his absolute peak needs certain conditions. If he doesn’t get them he runs a few pounds below his peak but such is his ability he’s still ahead of the rest with the exception of Denman.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Yet the time of last years race was quick for the conditions, only a second or so below standard on Good to soft ground.

If the time of this year’s Gold Cup was quick and the pace anything other than significantly slower than usual you can call me a Dutchman.

In fact, you can call me Che Van der Wheil. :lol:

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

…and if Denman is exposed and doesn’t have any room for improvement then I am a Chinaman.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Do you think KS has improvement in him TDK?

JohnJ

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Can we call you Mao Tse-tung, TDK?

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Is there anything new that can be said on this subject?

Colin

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Is there anything new that can be said on this subject?

Colin

Whats your point Colin?

JohnJ

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Into the eighth page and people will not be able to agree until the two/three horses (hopefully) meet in March.

’tis all speculation and hot air.

Colin

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Into the eighth page and people will not be able to agree until the two/three horses (hopefully) meet in March.

’tis all speculation and hot air.

Colin

So is most of racing but thats what we’re here for to discuss the pros and cons.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

Exactly Flash! Thank you.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Does neither of you think that it has all been said?

Colin

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Does neither of you think that it has all been said?

Colin

No it will all be discussed right up until the big day. Thats what Cheltenham is all about and why people love it so much, all the build up all the puzzles waiting to be answered.

I could talk about it for hours on end.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Ahh!……………….the enthusiasm of youth. :wink:

Colin

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Ahh!……………….the enthusiasm of youth. :wink:

Colin

I’m 34 my youthful days are long gone. ………….. Sadly. :(

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Do you think KS has improvement in him TDK?

JohnJ

Not impossible. He could have won the KG by a bit further JGJ and I wouldn’t rule out him running better still over 3 miles, but I certainly don’t fancy to post a career best over 3m2f. I think he has considerably less room for improvement than Denman though.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

I think he still capable of improving over the extended 3m trip, he seems to have bags of stamina, I think he will achieve a career best rating when running in a strongly run race over this distance.

JohnJ.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I think he will improve

He posted (what i thought) was his best performance at Kempton, a track that doesnt really suit him (he still jumps left a bit). I think this is largely because his jumping has improved markedly

Left handed track, ideal conditions (and I have few worries about the extra 2f at cheltenham,…its possible hes staying on better this year anyway) and a more suitable pace could well lead to a perfoirmance well ahead of what we have seen so far

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 187 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.