The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Leopardstown Christmas Hurdle 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Leopardstown Christmas Hurdle 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17320

Superb entry at this stage….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/187/leopardstown/2020-12-28/772971

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/christmas-hurdle/winner

I’ve got three bet for The Stayers, and they’re all in here, namely…..

Great White Shark
    Sire Du Berlais
    The Storyteller

Berlais already a short priced fav for this, but I’d give the other pair an equally good chance, and the 10’s and 20’s looks fair.

Not sure I’d want a bet in this right now, but I’m interested in Great White Shark and The Storyteller at those bigger prices.

Bachasson not be underestimated, and the chance of Fury Road looks obvious too.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2944

I actually thought on her current form GWS was pretty short at 10s Bobby. She’s definitely on the upgrade though.

The one i thought was potentially interesting and hasn’t any other big entries over Xmas as yet is Bachasson. He’s clearly in good terms with himself, more recently over fences.

Last time over hurdles he ran very good race over 2m5 at the festival, when running on from the back of the field and having trouble in running. The RP state it was a modestly run affair also which wouldn’t have helped him from the back of the field. He’s 160 over fences and i don’t see much reason for him not to be able to run to a similar mark over hurdles. If that’s the case 16/1 is a fair price.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17320

Yeah, massive fan of Bachasson Jack, been following him a while now. It might make more sense for me to actually cover him, given my Stayers bets.

One to think about.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 574

Ronald Pump was the one I took out of The Hatton’s Grace, but I could also say the same to a lesser extent with Bacardys. I’m going to bet him 25-1 ew here with him stepping up in trip.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 335

I much prefer Ronald Pump when he’s the underdog. I’ve bet him for The Stayers, so I’ll side with Beacon Edge here at 14/1

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 91

7-2 is too big for Fury Road here, I’d fancy him to go very close.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 526

Ronald Pump for me at 15/4. I liked his last run again Honeysuckle. Decent form at the course and trip and I’ve some doubts with the other two favourites in the market.

Ronald Pump 15/4

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2546

Fury Road ew

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7855

Pity that 2 have dropped out leaving only 7, so 2 places. I reckon that
    Bapaume might like the return to hurdles. He’s had a
    race under his belt last month after the best part of a year off so he
    should be fit enough for this and Willie Mullins is flying at the moment
    with 11 winners in the past fortnight.

Bapaume 22/1 E/W Bet365

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3612

I have backed Bapaume too bigG- plenty of back class including 4th in a Stayers and the French Champion hurdle

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1099

All of the horses in this race have big doubts.

the form that mullins is in means the Bacardys is a bet for me. He ran admirably in fairyhouse on his seasonal reappearance on 3 lengths behind honeysuckle. And came third in the stayers hurdle at cheltenham. There is no better form in this race

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 526

And suddenly a new challenger for the Stayers Hurdle has appeared.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.