The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lay the fav…..

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Lay the fav…..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I’m not one for systems (in fact I can’t stand them) but I thought I’d put this one up just to see how it goes.

There is one rule, and one rule only:

Lay any Phillip Hobbs trained favourite – to 2pts if greater than 2/1, double that if below.

Petitjean looks a likely first candidate in Newbury’s 3.15 tomorrow.

(Edited by LetsGetRacing at 1:11 am on Mar. 23, 2007)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Good luck with this LGR .. laying systems are amazing if you can get them right. I’ll be watching with interest.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Phillip Hobbs had three favourites in Mark The Book (8/15), Petitjean (15/8) and Pyleigh Lady (4/1) on Friday, with two losers and one winner.

Both Mark The Book and Petitjean were successfully laid to win a total of 8 points (4 points each as both were priced below 2/1), but Pyleigh Lady’s victory left us level for the day.

I can see that there might be a tweak or two to the system, restricting lays only to those below a certain price, but I’ll leave things as they are for now.

Updates will follow for Saturday’s likely lays.

(Edited by LetsGetRacing at 12:23 am on Mar. 24, 2007)

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Solid support for Hobbs-trained favourites Nawaadi (7/2) and Snap Tie (7/2) left me a little apprehensive, but both were beaten to give a profit of 4 points for the afternoon.

Total profit: +4 points.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Just the one Hobbs favourite in Remember Ramon (2/1) on Sunday, who was again successfully laid for a profit of 4 points.

Lays to date: 6<br>Profitable lays to date: 5<br>Strike rate: 83.3%<br>Profit: +8 points

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Phillip Hobbs had only the one runner in Selibase (5/2) this afternoon, who went off favourite for Kempton’s 2.55. Despite reasonable support the five year old could only finish third, giving rise to a profit of 2 points.

Lays to date: 7<br>Profitable lays to date: 6<br>Strike rate: 85.7%<br>Profit: +10 points

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Boychuk (8/15) was Hobbs’s only favourite on Saturday and he was successfully laid for a profit of 4 points, Tom George’s lightly raced Ballyfoy getting the better of him in the closing stages.

Lays to date: 8<br>Profitable lays to date: 7<br>Strike rate: 87.5%<br>Profit: +14 points

(Edited by LetsGetRacing at 5:41 pm on Mar. 31, 2007)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Well done LGR .. I think you’ll make money here, hope you had plenty on!

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I’m fairly pleased overall, dj :biggrin:

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Intersting thread.

Tell me LGR – how did you arrive at the system. Is there historical data supporting the profitability of this one?

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I’ll see if I can put some statistics together for you, corm, though I did come across it by chance – just one of those things you spot without really thinking about it.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Pyleigh Lady (10/11) was a winner for Phillip Hobbs (at 4/1) a few days ago, but found one too good this afternoon to provide a profit of 4 points on the lay.

Lays to date: 9<br>Profitable lays to date: 8<br>Strike rate: 88.88%<br>Profit: +18 points

(Edited by LetsGetRacing at 4:43 pm on April 1, 2007)

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Today didn’t prove to be overly lucky as Phillip Hobbs’s Pearl King (11/8) scored under Tony McCoy.

Lays to date: 10<br>Profitable lays to date: 8<br>Strike rate: 80%<br>Profit: +12.5 points

(Edited by LetsGetRacing at 2:47 pm on April 6, 2007)

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I haven’t been keeping up-to-date with this, but Hobbs has had three favourites turned over in the last couple of days, all at 7/4 and shorter.

I’ll try and get things on par later tonight.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.