The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Labaik

Home Forums Memorials Labaik

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Kristaltips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

Just seen it on Facebook that Labaik, the quirky yet talented winner of the Supreme Novices hurdle at Cheltenham 2017 has had to be put to sleep. Reports on Twitter say he cut his leg and it got badly infected. So sad, you can’t help but love a horse like him with a mind of his own. RIP Labaik 😪

Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 11477

RIP Labaik ⚘
    Terribly sad news.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 802

As someone who lumped on Melon in the Supreme, this lovable old rogue brings back a few painful memories!

However, I am sorry to hear he has passed away. He was clearly a very smart horse when he was in the right mind.

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 142

Gordon Eliott has reported Labaik actually died of colic a couple of months back, and was actually retired.
    Sad news regardless, he was talented when he wanted to be.
    RIP Labaik

Kristaltips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 81

Apologies Illavim, I only reported what I saw, and I see what I saw is acknowledged in the interview with Gordon Elliott. What gets me is where did that rumour come from, and even more, if he died several months ago, why was nothing reported?

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 142

Agreed, seems strange wasn’t reported at the time, but I guess some stables are better at passing this information on than others. Same with the rumour mill, can be like herding cats tracking them down!

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23868

RIP Labaik
    :-(

Member since March 2008
    BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1446

Re Twitter maybe it’s being mixed up with his old leg injury back in 2017. :unsure: Racing Post doesn’t list him as dead on their page for him, so if he did die several months ago, it’s all been kept pretty quiet it seems.

RIP :cry:

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1446

The Racing Post lists him as dying as 9 year old, having been born in 2011 so sounds like FB may be wrong.

Strange it was never reported though. RIP. :cry:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.