The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kingwell Hurdle 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Kingwell Hurdle 2012

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

Henderson has said this is Grandouet’s aim for the past month, Binocular will have a gallop at Newbury, only for him to find Grandouet now not declared for this and Binocular is.

Don’t know why I even believe anything he says. More fool me.

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

DO YOU SEE????????????????????? CRIMINAL (ironic and endearing name, if any lawyers are reading) NICKY HENDERSON. DISGUSTING DISGUSTING DISGUSTING. CAN WE GET HIM STRUCK OFF PLEASE, APPALLING DISGUSTING MAN. BEEN BANGING ON FOR 23 MONTHS NOW. HURDYGURDYMAN, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE MAN YOU REGULARLY VIRALLY BUGGER?

Scottf
    • Total Posts 53

Whilst I’ll take it at face value Grandouet’s had a knock it does strike me NH’s runners and running plans change, contrary to his and connections statements, more regularly than many other trainers in similar positions.

(or maybe it just gets highlighted more often :| )

Gazs Way De SolzenGazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2441

Binocular should really be putting a decent distance between him and his rivals today, when/if winning, if he wants to put himself at the forefront for the CH.

Nice to see Starluck back on the track today, beautiful looking horse.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

DO YOU SEE????????????????????? CRIMINAL (ironic and endearing name, if any lawyers are reading) NICKY HENDERSON. DISGUSTING DISGUSTING DISGUSTING. CAN WE GET HIM STRUCK OFF PLEASE, APPALLING DISGUSTING MAN. BEEN BANGING ON FOR 23 MONTHS NOW. HURDYGURDYMAN, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE MAN YOU REGULARLY VIRALLY BUGGER?

Nicky had the Kingwell as a target for Grandouet for some time Zark. Binny was entered, that tells you if anything happened to Grandouet, then Binny would probably take his place. This was not an ante-post race, so the only people Nicky might (and only might) have "put away" is other trainers and owners, who could have been put off taking on Grandouet. Suspect most of them realise horses are not machines and plans can change.

Nicky probably told the public his plans in good faith, now he’s being shot for doing so. Punters should make up their minds whether they want trainers to say what their "

intensions

" are or just remain silent. Seems to me Nicky is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t.

value is everything
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

Binocular top price 4/6 (60%)
    Celestial Halo 11/4 (26.7%)
    Starluck 6/1 (14.3%)
    Binocular definitely has the best chance of winning, but should there be 33% between them? (60 – 26.7) Binny might be a 50% may be, not (for me) 60%. Celestial Halo hasn’t beaten Binocular for some time, but Nicholls horse has been in better form this term and loves this place. Tends to run best races these days nearer home. This something of an afterthought for Henderson too.
    If it wasn’t for the ground I’d be backing Starluck too. Sharp(ish) track suits him, bags of speed. Ground might just put a little too much emphasis on stamina if (as expected) Halo goes a good clip.

value is everything
    HurdygurdymanHurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1560

Would be safe to say that was a bit more like the old Binocular. Sorry I didn’t get round to answering your DISGUSTING POST which once again degrades this forum zark I was too busy piling into Riverside Theatre and Binocular at evens to be worrying about your shyte.

vikingflagshipvikingflagship
    • Total Posts 852

le shope the binocular we saw today turns up at cheltenham and gives us a thrilling race to watch n champion hurdle

vf

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

Binocular – very impressive today.

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Not sure he beat much. Nicholls horses underperformed today for whatever reason, but a good performance nonetheless.

JJMSportsJJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2036

Not sure he beat much. Nicholls horses underperformed today for whatever reason, but a good performance nonetheless.

Just given how laboured Binocular can be and how he often lacks sparkle, it gives hope. Celestial Halo been a good benchmark for Grandouet and Oscar Whisky this year.

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1678

For starters, I’d like to say how below the belt I think Zarks’s comments were regarding Nicky Henderson. It did on this occasion seem a clear case of a horse getting a knock, and the bashing you gave him really did seem unjustified. As earlier stated, it wasn’t an ante-post race so no-one’s lost any money. Grandouet has obviously just had a setback so was replaced was Binocular.

Anyhow, I was very taken with Binocular today. He jumped and travelled beautifully, and though it may be argued that he only beat a top grade handicapper, he did just ooze class.

However, he’s run into the wrong crop this year and he can’t win the big one. There are at least two too good for him, and it’s a shame that a place is the best he’s running for.

@TomBarkley87
    topweighttom.blogspot.com

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2730

Say Grandouet is fit and well

Why not run both ? Good prize money, good prep for the Champion

Seems to me that the only reason to keep horses apart is to avoid potentially difficult discussions with owners

I know i’ve banged on about this before but for a trainer with such a powerful stable with Championship intentions, his entries are at times baffling.

The WBI Chase yesterday. 23 grand to the winner. Nicholls has The Minack running off top weight and the only horse he has entered is Be There In Five

For some reason he drops Mossley back in trip on Friday when the horse is a thorough stayer.

HurdygurdymanHurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1560

Say Grandouet is fit and well "HE IS NOT"

Why not run both ? Good prize money, good prep for the Champion "HARD RACE IS BAD PREP NOT GOOD"

Seems to me that the only reason to keep horses apart is to avoid potentially difficult discussions with owners "BULLSH!T WHY GIVE 2HORSES A HARD RACE WHEN 1 CAN HAVE AN EASY RACE"

I know i’ve banged on about this before but for a trainer with such a powerful stable with Championship intentions, his entries are at times baffling. "TO YOU PERHAPS BUT NOT TO AN INTELLIGENT TRAINER"

The WBI Chase yesterday. 23 grand to the winner. Nicholls has The Minack running off top weight and the only horse he has entered is Be There In Five "WHO CARES"

For some reason he drops Mossley back in trip on Friday when the horse is a thorough stayer.

"HE’S BEHIND SCHEDULE AND NEED SHARPENING UP"

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.