King Edward VII Stakes 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2019 King Edward VII Stakes 2019

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  mickeyjp 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

One of my favourite Ascot races this one. It normally goes to an improver with only 1 top rated winner in the last 10 runnings and it’s a race to always take on the favourite(also 1 win in 10). Horses performing well in the Epsom Derby have a bad record in this. 2 out of the last 3 winners have run in the Derby, but were well beaten, otherwise 8 of of the last 10 winners had run in no more than a Group 3 on previous start and 7/10 in no more than a Listed or Handicap race.

10/10 Previous race was over a min 10F, and excluding horses that ran in the Derby, 7/8 had either won or placed 2nd. (one exception was 4th on only his second start).

All that shapes very well for Private Secretary who won the Listed Cocked Hat Stakes at Goodwood yesterday possibly a shade cosily and Frankie afterwards was upbeat regarding the horse improving.

This race was mentioned afterwards as the potential target now and 12/1 with Bet365 seems a decent opening price.

I might just keep stakes fairly low for now to wait until after the Derby or at least wait to see who gets declared for the derby and/or also try and get a better idea of who is being aimed at this race. Constantinople would also fit quite well, but after his win yesterday, AOB seemed to suggest they might not take him to Royal Ascot and take their time with him. Other than him the other 6 ahead of PS in the betting are all fairly well fancied in the Derby betting at the moment. One other that makes seem appeal at the moment could also be Surfman.

Private Secretary 12/1

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 644

Bit of blue about on oddschecker for Japan

Suggests he may be obreins runner of the big guns

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1048

I took the 5s about Japan last week.
    How much he drifted in the Derby betting yet still ran an absolute screamer is testament to how much he will come on again for that run & he’s ideally suited to this race.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Didn’t watch it, but Kevin O’Brien supposedly hinted at him coming here, not that he is really ITK but i presume that’s part of the market move? Following Kew Gardens and then onto Leger?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1048

I presume you mean Kevin O’Ryan Jack? ;-) I’d imagine he’s either going on whispers or the market, but Kevin Blake mentioning him going to Ascot would be more something i’d be keeping in mind with.

I’d say he could easily go to the Leger but Broome looks a horse suited to that race also so i wouldn’t like to play right now.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Hahaha Kev- i meant Kevin Blake, heads away!

The Royal Ascot preview he did, i will watch back tonight, but someone mentioned it to me!

Backed him now for this at 4s.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1048

Hahaha We were on the same lines anyways mate. Was a good preview that, great pair to listen to Blake & Hugh with Boycie giving it a nice bit of humour & balance.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 644

I had already backed private secretary but will definitely back Japan once decs come out since I’m on him for the leger and was on for the derby

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1057

Japan for me.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2528

Japan for me too lads

Japan @ 4/1

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5874

He couldn’t do much about coming up against Anthony Van Dyck last time
    out, and he wen’t down by a whisker the time before, so although he comes
    into this having been beaten his last 2 times out, I think Pablo Escobarr
    could go one better here. I took him at 9/1 earlier, he’s in a couple
    of points 2 7/1 now. I think he’ll run a good race :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 644

Hed have won the derby with a proper prep

No doubt in my mind

Hope he runs in the leger as he will win

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 623

“We’re delighted, the lads are over the moon” :yes: :good:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

Or Mount Everest at 40/1 who they rated as better at 2! Sooo gutted he was injured

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5874

Well done chaps, a few in with cracking early prices for Japan. He looked
    different class :good:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.