The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kieran Shoemark

Home Forums Horse Racing Kieran Shoemark

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16970

Just to ensure that Ryan Moore is available as far as Inspiral is concerned is my reasoning Ruby :good:
    But Havlin is also a possibility in the absence of Audience.

I’m in the Twist camp.. :good:
    I’ve felt all along that Inspiral could feel Shoemark’s fear when he was on board, and when he gave her a few reminders she virtually said ‘that’s enough matey’ and stopped trying and like an elephant she didn’t forget when he got on her next time.
    If she wins on Sunday it will prove that the owners representatives were right to recommend they make the change.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8933

Or how about Billy Loughnane? :yes:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

I wouldn’t mind Moore for Inspiral next time out.
    Billy however, plans to spend the winter in Australia and I don’t know if he is very high on the Gosden list. But, I would rather take the risk with a very young jockey than just going for the best available freelancer.

Loughnane’s time might come sooner than expected with a top stable, but I still don’t know how the Gosdens rate him and if the majority of the yards owner’s would want him. By the way, I don’t think he has ever ridden for them.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3142

Murphy would probably be the best out there that might be available but he also does have a number of other arrangements in place beside the Qatar job and with the fact that good horses seem a little thin on the ground for the Gosdens at the moment, it might not look as attractive an offer as it would of a year or so ago.

A left field choice could be Hollie Doyle – she rides all the Imad Alsagar horses that the Gosdens have in the yard (Nashwa being the standout one) so she is likely already pretty familiar with the set up there and she is also on course for her 6th successive season of riding 100+ winners (which Shoemark, to date, has yet to do once).

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

I also thought Doyle LD73. She’s had a shocking few weeks but some decent winners in the past couple of days and I reckon she’d suit Inspiral, though not convinced the problem is the jockey anyway. Either Moore or Murphy would take the ride on if they are free but chances are they won’t be. I doubt Murphy would ditch Qatar for the Gosdens.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8933

I would be surprised if it was Hollie Doyle. I am not convinced she has been at her best this season.

Although we are talking about a replacement before Shoemark has even lost the job. I am inclined to think Gosden will stick with him for the rest of the season but it has to be a concern if owners are losing confidence.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4170

Just found this in the RP

https://www.racingpost.com/news/britain/were-just-seeing-who-is-available-connections-considering-new-jockey-for-inspirals-deauville-hat-trick-bid-aiqRU2W9VtU9/

Probably they’ll turn to a French jockey with Deauville experience or maybe to a domestic jockey who is available and yet without a ride in the race.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1757

Poor shoemark. He’s just had the dreaded vote of confidence by the Emily upjohn owners. You know what comes next as regards football managers.🤣

Participant
    • Total Posts 2354

We will only know if it is horse or jockey if another jockey is used but that wouldn’t necessarily prove a point. Should they win under another jockey wouldn’t be conclusive as Shoemark may well have won on them also and past defeats were horse and not jockey.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

“That is the point. I could understand him ideally wanting to hold up on Free Wind. But to stay in last place when they were obviously crawling was poor tactical riding and condemning his horse to certain defeat”.
    ————————————

The course rode slower on the Saturday than previous days. Lillie Langtry was only 1.51 seconds slower than Racing Post Standard. One of the fastest times of the day when breaking it down to the amount slow per furlong. Even though that stat is a little skewed because so many that day were slowish run races; the Lillie Langtry wasn’t “crawling” or even “slow”. The previous race handicap over the same 1m6f run 3.17 slow. The final race was run 1.6 seconds slow (over only 1m1f so seconds per furlong slower than the Lillie Langtry) and was won by Paradias… Who raced in 8th position. Free Wind raced in 8th position. But had Shoemark ridden Free Wind in the same way – up the rail – he would’ve come in for even more criticism. Simon Holt in commentary saying of Paradais “will need all the luck in the world” from there.

Although I am not a fan of Shoemark and believe the pressure is getting to him. IMO whoever was on Free Wind would’ve ridden her in exactly the same way – given she’s invariably slowly away these days and was racing at her absolute maximum trip. By season’s end (if we see her again) I think we’ll find Free Wind has simply gone at the game. Not as good as she was in previous years.

Interesting the two hold up horses successful on the day both came up the rail. Term Of Endearment the only winner to race more than two off the rail and most of the placed horses also coming up the rail. Was the watering even?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8933
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Yesterday the ownership group said they were sticking by Kieran unless I read it wrong..

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 16970

Ryan is a great choice I’m certain he will listen to her and keep her held close to the pace before a small reminder and onto a flawless victory. (that’s in an ideal world of course ;-) ) :rose: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8933

With so many of Gosden’s top owners having their own jockeys under contract and some of his other owners appearing to have private arrangements to use their preferred jockey, how many horses does Shoemark actually have to ride?

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1314

David Jennings worth reading on this topic in his Saturday column in the RP today.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3142

The Ryan Moore engagement can surely only be a one off arrangement as going forward Aidan is likely to be claiming him and that is assuming Inspiral decides she wants to prove the doubters wrong again by returning to form.

Assume she does for a moment, it will be interesting to see if Cheveley Park go back to using Shoemark if in future races Moore is claimed by Aidan for one of his horses.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2354

If I was Shoemark I would be having a little chuckle this afternoon.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.