The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kepler’s Law

Home Forums Memorials Kepler’s Law

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 433

Pulled up in Cesarewitch today. Sadly suffered a tendon injury and has been pts. RIP lad :(

• Total Posts 811

So sad – must have been a total rupture – what a shame. RIP
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

Watched the replay numerous times. He was ridden after about 7-8f when they took the first turn, then he steadily began to drop out ouf contention while still being hard ridden and with about 4-5f to travel while still being ridden and already 20+ lenghts of the pace the tendon snapped. What a big surprise??? This must have been very agonizing for the horse, first to be that tired and then to be that badly injured. If you ask me, you can hardly beat that kind of cruelty. Plus don’t forget that the horse was off the track for about 380 days and was just a 10-12f horse. Why bother pushing and shoving him to death when already beaten out of sight???

• Total Posts 811

Sounds like the jockey should have had some explaining to do to the stewards … WHY do people treat their horses like this?????
    :x :x :x

mamamia
    • Total Posts 50

I was also asking why the jockey appeared to keep pushing the horse when he was so far behind. Very sad news. RIP Kepler’s Law :(
    Anyone know how Velvet Bullet is? He had a terrible fall at the last fence in the 3.50 at Fairyhouse yesterday and didnt appear to get back up. Fingers crossed for him.

• Total Posts 433

Haven’t found out anything about Velvet Bullet yet. Also looking for news on Champagne Rudi, pulled up and dismounted at Fairyhouse. Last saw him with his leg held up. :(

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

Velvet Bullet looked dead to me. He fell, didn’t get up and was moving just like a horse that is about to lose its life. Hopefully I’m wrong!!!!
    Royal Scoundrel at Chepstow was another one to pull up injured in the novice chase. Lets hope he is ok.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

Jo..Sitting here in tears reading this as I was at Newmarket yesterday and had no idea that this terrible accident had happened.
    As a tribute to a beautiful horse I have to say that he and his stable companion Motivado stood out in the paddock, two larger than life horses that took your breath away as they walked past you. I watched him go to post with Motivado the two chums taken very steadily down to the 18 furlong start the sun shining on their backs it was a scene that I can’t now get out of my mind to know that he is no longer with us…
    RIP beautiful beautiful boy, just 4 years old I was proud to have seen your like on the racecourse and hope you didn’t suffer.
    How I wish your jockey had stopped riding you when it was obvious you weren’t going to win :cry: :cry:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Heard them say he’d pulled up and, knowing he’d been off the track for so long thought it was tendon damage, but never dreamed it was as bad as that. Having turned to these staying handicaps because of the sadness I feel when we lose horses over the jumps it makes it even more painful to hear news like this. RIP

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.