The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kentucky Derby 2011

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Kentucky Derby 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    ravinella
    • Total Posts 6

My back to lay strategy with Uncel Mo was seriously undone after his Wood Memorial trouncing. With little choice, I didn’t bail out and saw the Betfair Lay odds tumble back from 12s shortly after his Aqueduct defeat to about 6.8 when he was a confirmed runner. They have now drfited to 9.0 so it looks like I am onto a loser.

He may well be scratcehd tomorrow morning, however what do our experts think of this. Is repole trying to get the price to drift so he can pile on or is there a chance he will not run?

Even if he does run how much of a disadvantage is the 18 draw? It seems the No.1 draw was the one the connections really didn’t want. Does anyone know where I can find a history of the Kentucky Derby stalls positions?

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

My back to lay strategy with Uncel Mo was seriously undone after his Wood Memorial trouncing. With little choice, I didn’t bail out and saw the Betfair Lay odds tumble back from 12s shortly after his Aqueduct defeat to about 6.8 when he was a confirmed runner. They have now drfited to 9.0 so it looks like I am onto a loser.

He may well be scratcehd tomorrow morning, however what do our experts think of this. Is repole trying to get the price to drift so he can pile on or is there a chance he will not run?

Even if he does run how much of a disadvantage is the 18 draw? It seems the No.1 draw was the one the connections really didn’t want. Does anyone know where I can find a history of the Kentucky Derby stalls positions?

Two horses drawn 8 have won the last three runnings, and – touch wood -Dial In is drawn eight.

Anyone think it inconceivable Zito might want a different tactic than giving the field 10 lengths at the start and then running round the field on the wide outside, but, instead have Leparoux keep him to the middle or forward part of the pack? Apparently, he’s not bashful about bullying his way through. I suspect a trainer wouldn’t want to try something different in a classic, though.

• Total Posts 129

Winning Derby Post Positions
    (Since 1900)
    Post Wins
    1 12
    2 9
    3 8
    4 11
    5 12
    6 6
    7 8
    8 10
    9 4
    10 10
    11 3
    12 3
    13 4
    14 2
    15 3
    16 3
    17 0
    18 1
    19 0
    20 2

• Total Posts 2432

I’m happy with my two selections – one on the inside, one on the outside.

Afleet,

Still can’t quite figure out how much speed we’ll have in the race to set up for the deep closers but MMM’s style is a stalker and I think if he gets a good trip he’ll be one to watch out for, for certain! Not only that, his woman trainer had a heart transplant a couple years ago and has a small stable and seems VERY hands on with him. And not only that he is residing in Zenyatta’s former stall and if just a smidgeon of her champion and racing ways touch his feet he is sure to run like the ind!

Is there a better story than this, this year? :D

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

When I was young I read ‘The Race’ By Oscar Otis and Eunice Walkup. The Kentucky Derby has been among my favourite races since.

• Total Posts 129

HAPPY KENTUCKY DERBY DAY! :D

• Total Posts 52

HAPPY KENTUCKY DERBY DAY! :D

Good luck to you – Soldat for me – 14/1. Dialed In might be very good but if the weather is bad, it could all easily go against.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Changed my mind about Midnight Interlude. Didn’t realise he was unraced as a juvenile. Master of Hounds has sufficient dirt pedigree to act on the track + the comments in the RP are very bullish. I’ll back him on the PMU as he’ll be a huge price over there.

Presto
    • Total Posts 315

Changed my mind about Midnight Interlude. Didn’t realise he was unraced as a juvenile. Master of Hounds has sufficient dirt pedigree to act on the track + the comments in the RP are very bullish. I’ll back him on the PMU as he’ll be a huge price over there.

Agreed. Only query is the weather for me. On a decent track I see him finishing in the first 4 or 5.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Am on MIDNIGHT INTERLUDE i am he is my tip here

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

http://www.3news.co.nz/LIVE-VIDEO-UPDAT … fault.aspx

Sorry. It’s just a news update.

How about this.

http://www.3news.co.nz/VIDEO-Kentucky-D … fault.aspx

…for future reference!!!

• Total Posts 1982

Highlighted Dialed In back in early March and was on at 10s.

Mucho Macho Man and Pants On Fire could also run well.

• Total Posts 1982

What kind of a ride was that from Leparoux?

Gave Dialed In way too much to do.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Any chance of the 1-2-3 lads? Be greatly appreciated :)

• Total Posts 1982

Any chance of the 1-2-3 lads? Be greatly appreciated :)

1 ANIMAL KINGDOM
    2 NEHRO
    3 MUCHO MACHO MAN
    4 SHACKLEFORD

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Thanks Bos. :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

What kind of a ride was that from Leparoux?

Gave Dialed In way too much to do.

What could he do off those fractions? I think the opening 1/2 mile was 46.x the year Giacomo won. Today was 48.3! They crawled.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.