The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kauto Star Novices Chase 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Kauto Star Novices Chase 2018

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22054

Fantastic Joe, you certainly have a great eye
    Santini didn’t travel as well as the last time probably due to the better company but stayed on well enough in the end to suggest he isn’t far behind

Member since March 2008
    KingSprinterSacreKingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

Well done Joe

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17337

Great call Joe

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4806

WELL DONE JOE :good: :good:

She was sooo brave and a jockey to suit too!!

PantsPants
    Participant
    • Total Posts 630

Didn’t have a bet in the race but was cheering the mare home for you Joe.

Congratulations.

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

Many thanks, all. I get plenty wrong, as you know, so it’s nice to spot a future champ.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2540

Well done joe she was smart, she wont goto the rsa you would think, jlt looks a nice target for her at this point with only really vinndication in the front 10 who looks likely to show up so far and he has to come to her level as of now.

But the irish hand has yet to be played and as much as i like her (backed her lto and plenty times before) i dont think she will win at cheltenham, in either race! But im no expert so good luck!! Cant ask for anymore than what shes done so far

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2698

I think many on here like her but for Joe to be that confident for a race which appeared to be fiendishly tricky in terms of selecting the winner..really well done, Joe.

Having watched the race a few times since, I’m convinced she should be aimed at the JLT or Aintree. She’ll be outstayed in the RSA, if she finally runs to form at the course, and I’d back both second and third to reverse the form at Cheltenham

The World’s End – Sheehan has a mediocre record at Kempton and just didn’t get his mount into any rhythm. Still a player back at Cheltenham, i.m.o

Bags Groove – seemed not to enjoy being taken on for the lead and then Fehily attempting a more patient approach. Masses of stamina in the pedigree and might be one for the 4 miler. Dead ground may also have been against him.

The staying division is as competitive as I can remember it for a long time.

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1341

Agree that La Bague Au Roi is not likely to be suited to a stiffer test that is the RSA (her Cheltenham record is also pretty bad in two runs beaten a total of 29L), she has also won mostly on flater tracks. Very ambitious thought but I just wonder whether next years KG would come into calculations, she would get a 7lb sex allowance and seems to like the course (now a two time winner)

Topofthegame will need to settle a little better in the early stages and I think if he had the ride again Cobden would likely hold onto him a little longer rather than eyeballing the leader from the turn but for me the RSA looks tailor made for Santini as he was only just getting into gear after the last and would probably had caught the first two in another 150yds or so.

Overall though you have to admire the winner who is now 13 from 18 runs, wonder if they have any plans to use her as a broodmare?

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

Many thanks, Mark Much appreciated.

I look forward to seeing the aggregate CV of that field come 2020. Most impressed by Topofthegame.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.