The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kauto Star mania to end tomorrow?

Home Forums Horse Racing Kauto Star mania to end tomorrow?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

In keeping with my tradition of refusing to back Kauto Star because he fell in the Champion Chase in 2006 when I was on ante-post at 10/1 (I may have mentioned this before), I will be taking him on again tomorrow!

Surprisingly my selection is not Monets Garden or even Racing Demon but the enigma that is Vodka Bleu.

Firstly I should thank Andrew Mount who has done most of the donkey work on this:

When racing on good or faster over dist of 2m3f – 2m7f his record is 111100 with the 2 defeats being over the National fences and the 2nd at last years Paddy Power meeting when Pipe’s stable ran like drains.

While I appreciate that the horse has a little bit to find on the principals and also that his form figures read more like binary notation than those of a Gr1 horse, I think he still hasn’t achieved his full potential over fences. His hurdle run earlier this month was merely a warm-up and I expect him to go close tomorrow and maybe even shock the champ!

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

There is little chance of Kauto Star being beaten tomorrow, and less chance of him being beaten by Vodka Bleu – the horse simply isn’t in the same league.

Only one horse in that field is capable of ruffling Kauto Star’s feathers, having already beaten him once, but to suggest anything else will get close is clutching at straws.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

While I appreciate that the horse has a little bit to find on the principals

:D

Seriously, he has close on 3 stone to find on Kauto Star. I’m all for original selections, but I think this is a good example of using a system to the exclusion of common sense.

His hurdle run was not a warm-up, or intended to be, but was an attempt to take advantage of a much lower hurdle mark.

Apologies if your post was meant tongue in cheek :wink:

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

It all depends on how tuned up Kauto is but if L’Ami can come close to beating him in a prep race, Monet’s Garden can beat him in one IMO.

Having said that, I believe that the Aintree defeat was more down to KS having an off day than the weight conceded or trip. He looked like a different horse at Haydock.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Kauto Star is the obvious choice, can’t see past him. Since that fall in the QM he hasn’t failed to post a figure that would have won any of the previous 9 renewals of this.

However, at 2/5 I think he’s short enough and for my bet will probably take Racing Demon for a place. When going right-handed he’s arguably better than anything else in this field bar The Champ, and the extra 2f this year probably won’t help the other main threat Monet’s Garden.

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

Here is my tissue on the race.

Kauto Star – 1/5
    Racing Demon – 9/4
    Monets Garden – 5/2
    Vodka Bleu – 11/4
    Fair Along – 7/2
    Howle Hill – 10/1
    See You Sometime – 33/1
    Lord Killesharna – 33/1
    Mystical Star – 40/1

Form an orderly queue gents and come place your bets with me.

Do you have any jobs going Barry Dennis???

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

I’m looking forward to see how Howle Hill steps up tomorrow to better company.

Really like the horse, and this step up in class will be a decent test for him.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

With 209% books Zoso, I’m sure Barry would be delighted to give you a job!

Kalidor
    • Total Posts 96

In keeping with my tradition of refusing to back Kauto Star because he fell in the Champion Chase in 2006 when I was on ante-post at 10/1 (I may have mentioned this before), I will be taking him on again tomorrow!

Surprisingly my selection is not Monets Garden or even Racing Demon but the enigma that is Vodka Bleu.

Firstly I should thank Andrew Mount who has done most of the donkey work on this:

When racing on good or faster over dist of 2m3f – 2m7f his record is 111100 with the 2 defeats being over the National fences and the 2nd at last years Paddy Power meeting when Pipe’s stable ran like drains.

While I appreciate that the horse has a little bit to find on the principals and also that his form figures read more like binary notation than those of a Gr1 horse, I think he still hasn’t achieved his full potential over fences. His hurdle run earlier this month was merely a warm-up and I expect him to go close tomorrow and maybe even shock the champ!

Vodka Bleu, lol, keep dreaming mate :lol: . The only way Kauto Star can possibly lose this race is if he falls. Even then I’d take Ruby to re-mount and still win 8)

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

I am tempted to have a little go on Fair Aloing e/w tomorrow,as think he’ll appreciate the extra distance, however, I think that Kauto Star should destroy them all tomorrow, he was reportedly working with Masterminded prior to his battering of Voy Por Ustedes last week, and should be well in form, despite not being at his best at this sort of time last year. Kauto Star for me.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

Another poor tissue Zoso imo. If BD wont hire you try Dundalk, they work to similar margins there.

FWIW cant see past KS. If the unthinkable were to happen Monets back over 2 1/2 would be the most likely.

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

Bet £3.65 and Willies going 2-5 Kauto

Knock em over fellas :D

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

David your entitle to you opinion mate……Personally I think Kauto should be 1/8 and if I was a backer of odds on shots I would make him the bet of the century at 2/5.

Ruby just need to get him right at his fences and steer……..I expect he’s improved since the King George but PN will hve left something to work on……..be surprised if he breaks sweat or if he’s blowing hard enough after the race to put out a candle.

Great thing about Kauto is his ability to win at any trip so even the fact it is 2m5f is not a worry.

Hope he comes home safe and sound which should be a formality IMO.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

This is a prep for Kauto whereas the others wll have been trained specifically for this race.

If he puts in a performance like his AON win last year then this is nowhere near a formality.

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500

This is a prep for Kauto whereas the others wll have been trained specifically for this race

I hope the BHA are monitoring and they take action if this race is treated as such by connections

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.