The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kauto retired

Home Forums Horse Racing Kauto retired

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 18

Happy retirement, Kauto Star. The greatest horse I have ever seen. Exceptional from 2m to the extended 3m 2f. Incredible victories and records that will take some beating. A legend.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Am I the only one to have been truly puzzled by his seeming complete change in jumping style last season? In the Betfair in particular last season he absolutely winged them.

A true superstar of National Hunt, and (refreshingly) bravely and aggressively campaigned.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

A couple of seasons ago

Ruby said that he was jumping better than he had ever done in his life. It surprised me because I’m sure it was round about the time that a lot of people

were starting to wonder if he was on a downward spiral. His words really stuck in my mind at the time.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Great gesture by Kauto Star’s owner, Clive Smith, that the great horse will parade at Haydock on Betfair Chase day on November 24 as well as at Kempton on King George day.

Kauto won five King Georges there so that should ensure there is a really good attendance this year.

Not sure about "great gesture" – methinks it will not cost Mr Smith a penny, the racecourses will, I suspect, be covering all expenses, and more, because it will get extra punters through the turnstiles plus they still have thousands of scarves to get rid of.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Wishing him a long and happy retirement, whatever he’s going to be doing. He’s given us so much pleasure over the years watching his wins and dramatic last fence blunders. One of the greats.

• Total Posts 178

On balance, probably the correct decision by Messrs Smith and Nicholls.

Here’s to a long and happy retirement Kauto, with the obligatory visits to Cheltenham on a Friday in mid March and Kempton on Boxing Day.

monksfield
    • Total Posts 257

How disappointed will Kauto be on Boxing Day, I wonder ?

He’ll smell the turkey and mince pies, get boxed up for a trip to Kempton like he has for as far back as he can remember, parade before his adoring public, then…….go home again.

I’ll be there to see him :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 590

How about as a tribute renaming the Feltham (currently named after a nearby town most famous for it’s Young Offenders Institute), the Kauto Star Novices Chase (Grade 1)?

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

Connections knew best last year to get another two Group 1’s out of the great horse and warm the hearts once more of all his followers. Pleased this time they have watched Kauto’s work and the old fella’s told them it’s time to pull up stumps.

I’ll never forget his and Denmans return back to the parade ring when Long Run won the Gold Cup.

Sports worse off without him but I hope he enjoys a long healthy retirement cos he earned it along with his own stable mate.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

How about as a tribute renaming the Feltham (currently named after a nearby town most famous for it’s Young Offenders Institute), the Kauto Star Novices Chase (Grade 1)?

I suspect we’ll be seeing the Betfair Kauto Star Chase at Haydock before too long…

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

I agree – but unfortunately it will only be a publicity stunt, when Kauto has slipped from the mainstream publics mind a betting company’s moniker will replace it.

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.