The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lavelle and Fenton

Home Forums Horse Racing Lavelle and Fenton

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

the Lavelle and Fenton show. How many more times is Supreme Copper, never mind numerous other animals from this stable going to ‘catch the eye’ before something is done about this.

If anyone hasn’t seen this, it’s well worth the 20p to watch the replay on the Post website.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

<br>Coincidentally I was just doing some research before posting on the same theme.

A search on the HRA website reveals that Miss Lavelle has been called in ten times in the last three years to discuss the ‘running and riding’ of her horses.

Wakeup Smiling, The Bandit, Cemgraft, Lalagune, No Way Back, Blaeberry (twice), Emily Abbey, Ambrosiano and now Supreme Copper.

If I can detect this pattern, why aren’t the professional full time stewards secretaries also aware of it, even if the amateurs on duty aren’t.

Watching this live yesterday, my immediate reaction was 28 days for Fenton, £5000 for Lavelle and a 40 day for the horse, based on the punishments handed down in the Florimond case.

Instead the stewards merely ‘noted’ the explanation given, one which reduced Jonathon Neesom on RUK to disbelieving laughter.

Part of Fenton’s evidence was that he’d been given orders to ‘walk out last and get the gelding into a rhythm’. I find it remarkable that those are considered to be acceptable instructions to give a jockey.

He also reported that the horse ‘made a noise’ when asked for an effort two out. Presumably Fenton leaned forward and whispered in his ear ‘shall we go now’ and the horse replied ‘not yet, not yet’!

AP

roland
    • Total Posts 302

A bit like mel gibson in Braveheart before the charge.  "Wait……….Wait……….Wait!"

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Some things never change.  The stewards will continue to be impotent to common sense, and certain jockeys and trainers will continue to push forward the boundries of acceptable practice.

(Edited by Racing Daily at 6:21 pm on Oct. 23, 2006)

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Lavelle’s novice hurdlers wont be trying till the new year, same as every other year.  Back them after Christmas!

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2155

…..or, even better, wait until they make up into chasers.

best regards

wit

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Thanks for drawing attention to this, gents. I watched it last night. Jockey and trainer should have had the book thrown at them.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Did anyone see the 2.10 at Plumpton?

I didn’t myself but reading the close-up on the Racing Post site it sounds as if OTANTIQUE wasn’t particularly busy today.

Colin

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

<br>Ridden close to the pace, pushed along to join the leader three out but bungled that flight and subsequently got tired.

Certainly wasn’t given a hard race after that when fifth turning to face the second last, but there’s no chance he could have finished in the frame.

AP

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Thank you, Alan.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from apracing on 2:04 pm on Oct. 23, 2006[br]<br>A search on the HRA website reveals that Miss Lavelle has been called in ten times in the last three years to discuss the ‘running and riding’ of her horses.

Wakeup Smiling, The Bandit, Cemgraft, Lalagune, No Way Back, Blaeberry (twice), Emily Abbey, Ambrosiano and now Supreme Copper. <br>

<br>That’ll be the same Blaeberry who’s just gone in at Exeter at 14-1, then.

Certain of you may be minded of that old C&C Music Factory hit from the 90s, "Things That Make You Go Hmmmm…." right now.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3105

<br>Jeremy,

Also the same Blaeberry that connections said had to settled and held up to help her get the trip after a run over 2m 1f at Taunton attracted the attention of the local stewards.

The same Blaeberry now winning over 3M at Exeter !

AP

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

…………….and always travelling well!!:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool:

Colin

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Opus Cafe at Kempton joins the list of eyecatching runs from the stable.<br>Up with the pace.Then looks as if it’s going to pulled up (presumably gone wrong),but no it still jumps the last two to finish well beaten.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I’ll be watching the market with interest in the 2.30 at Lingfield today. Gimmeabreak has caught the eye on virtusllay every outing to date and is sent straight into handicaps for his chasing debut today. Looks a very strong contender if the market makes the right noises. Myson looks the one to beat, well handicapped and possibly rejuveated for joining Gary Moore from D. Feek.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.