The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Jump 10 to Follow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    roblester
    • Total Posts 25

can’t wait for jump racing to really kick off. there are about 20 horses on my shortlist, it always looks so easy at the start of the season. Then by christmas you are kicking yourself for leaving one out.

KICKING KING (banker)<br>INGLIS DREVER<br>WELL CHIEF<br>MOSCOW FLYER (still as good as ever)<br>IRIS’S GIFT (can’t leave him out!!)<br>HARDY EUSTACE<br>MANNERS<br>RATHGAR BEAU<br>SOLERINA (runs every other week)<br>RHINESTONE COWBOY (if he’s recovered)

thats my first one at the mo, might change a couple over the next few weeks

what do u think?

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 210

Congratulations if, as I suspect, you are the fortunate man who owns Iris’s Gift. I wouldn’t argue with most of your selections, though I’m not going to include Moscow Flyer this year and Rhinestone Cowboy is too much of a risk. I agree that to do well in this competition you need a pool of 20 or more horses which you then permutate in several lines. For me it would be unthinkable not to include 1 or 2 Nicholls horses, and I think Kauto Star and the Arkle hope Hoo La Baloo will win valuable races this season. I would also include Medison representing the Pipe/Johnson team  and Monet’s Garden, who could run up a sequence in novice chases. Then there’s Rasharrow from the Lungo yard, and El Vaquero for  Howard Johnson.  And I might be tempted to include Zeta’s River (Pipe/Johnson again) who could be capable of winning a Hennessy and/or a Paddy Power off a favourable mark.

My weakness is that I never include enough Irish horses, so apart from the obvious….. Kicking King, Solerina, Hardy Eustace, etc. does anyone have any suggestions?

wana
    • Total Posts 9

Well spotted highflyer!!!,I wonder what gave that away<br>roblester…robert lester!!!..genius…

anyway,yes good points on the 10 to follow,also like Monets Garden,agree about Zeta’s River could be plot job,although it was poor at Aintree,it may have been over the top by then.

roblester
    • Total Posts 25

unfortunately i’m only his son!(he doesn’t know how to turn a computer on) it gets a bit confusing having the same name! the nichols trained pair are also in my 20, haven’t seen the race with hoo la baloo but heard great reports.

every year i seem to have all the top horses, just in the wrong lists!

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

I’m gonna pick –

Kicking King<br>Ollie Magern<br>Well Chief<br>No Refuge<br>Back to Front<br>Harchibald<br>King Harald – i dont know if he’s still around. I’ll check later, but I watched the Arkle from this year a couple of days ago, and my god, what a horse

Ashley Brook

My full list of 20 i’ll post later, cos I need to go back and watch my cheltenham and aintree races all over again!!!<br>

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Not going to give my picks…(dont have 10 frankly), but will avoid Moscow (sadly…think this might be the season age kicks in…but hope not frankly) and Well Chief who as much as i like him, i fear that like many of Mp’s he might just have been flogged a bit last year…and thus…:(

will avoid jonjos frankly, cos thats what we should all do…

Might expect more from Back to front this time around and Kauto of course (as well as his new one Hooray whatever its called) will be well worth following from that yard

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

intrigued by the french monster (cyrfleet looks so dominant when ive seen him) and of course, kicking king is a great champion…

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 210

yes clivex, Cyrfleet will have a campaign in England aimed at the King George, if it was run at Kempton he’d be a huge contendor….at Sandown I’m not so sure.

And wana, you shouldnt assume the obvious, cos it’s robert lester JUNIOR

aston
    • Total Posts 168

Highflyer. 2 from the Tom Taffe stable to keep on side this season:<br>Tumbling Dice, who won his first start over fences very impressively on Sunday. Fantastic jumper for a smallish horse, and,<br>Merdeka, who was also very impressive in winning a bumper at Leopardstown on new years day. He was then put away. This horse is entered in a maiden hurdle at Punchestown on thursday, so it will be interesting to see if it runs.

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 210

Thanks aston and grasshopper…..I’ll watch the 2 TT horses with interest and of course it’s Cyrlight.

conall
    • Total Posts 59

Would like to do well in this for once

Solerina <br>Kicking King<br>Ashley Brook <br>Bob bob Bobbin<br>Inglis Drever<br>Brave Inca<br>Rathgar Beau<br>Accordion Etoile<br>Ollie Magern <br>Silver Birch

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Much depends on which horses are on the published list in the Post. Some of the "darker" ones mentioned may not even make the five hundred.

SAFC
    • Total Posts 1

I’ve usually done OK in this without getting really near the top bunch, this year I’d look at –

WATSON LAKE (could be special after breathing op).

INGLIS DREVER (only Rhinestone can get near him in the World Hurdle but that’s a big if).

RATHGAR BEAU (was looking the likely winner before a poor jump at the last in the Daily Telegraph last March).

HARDY EUSTACE (still tough to get past).

KAUTO STAR (Nicholls No1 for the Champion Chase).

NO HALF SESSION (saw this one win at Punch Fest last April and I think he could get it all going in the Hennessey).

KICKING KING (simply can’t be dissmissed).

<br>HARCHIBALD (will clean up with the likes of the Fighting Fifth, Christmas Hurdle and who knows at Cheltz).

MR NOSIE (could be the novice hurdler to follow, was very impressive last Sunday at Cork and trainer rate shim highly).

ASHLEY BROOK (like him a lot and will improve again this season, could surprise a few in the King George ?). <br>

arkle66
    • Total Posts 16

Kicking King – he might mature this year!

United – looked impressive(dark horse for champion)

Mephisto – top novice form

Moscow Flyer – think they will run him less this year but could still win the two that count

Racing Demon – looked good enough to fill some empty shoes

Neptune Collonges – interesting in novice hurdles

Comply or Die – Henessey/National horse

Distant Thunder – Allways have Renoldstwn winner in!

Don’t be shy – Pipe winner of the Arkle?

Missed That – another Mullins hotpot

I now I’m short on hurdlers but they should only get half points any way.

Seperate question, enrolled on this racing manager competition through the order of merit website yet to hear anything? has anyone else?

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

<br>KAUTO STAR

ASHLEY BROOK

HARCHIBALD

FUNDAMENTALIST

RACING DEMON

SECRET PLOY

BEWLEYS BERRY

THE MICK WESTON

JUSTIFIED

WATSON LAKE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.