The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

July Stakes 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion July Stakes 2016

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Very Well Done on this and Big Orange on the other Thread.

Thanks to all. There is a paranoid individual on this forum sadly.

What on earth are you talking about?

The forum is literally swamped with your own self-congratulation. The Ante-Post King had a cocky air to his posts but he was clearly tongue-in-cheek. There is nothing tongue-in-cheek about your posts, just an overblown ego who likes stirring the pot.

Why is it so difficult for you to just celebrate a winner without having a dig at someone?

Sorry Stilvi but you are just a professional moaner who doesn’t have a good word to say about anybody.

I can’t help it if you can’t tip a winner and you are always having a dig yourself, suggesting that people were lucky in getting a winner.

You have done it with Darren in the past, and more recently with Steeplechasing, suggesting his selection of Galileo Gold was a fluke and that he should buy a lottery ticket.

You had a rant about Gingertipster putting himself on a pedestal regarding sectional timings and it’s interesting that you mention the Ante Post King, because he accused me earlier this year of baiting Nathan over the horse Coolmore, when Nathan knew fine that I was just expressing an honest opinion and took it in the spirit it was intended.

Stilvi, you are a constantly negative, jockey criticising boor who drags forums down. Not a single piece of praise for anyone getting a good winner.

I would love to give you an “Attaboy” for a good winner but you can’t pick your nose I’m afraid. Not much chance of you having your account closed by a bookie. Money for Jam at Bet Numpty.com

You don’t know who I am Stilvi and I can assure you this is just banter. I put my tuppenceworth in and sometimes I fall flat on my arse. Sometimes I get a winner.

As Joe said on another thread, I’ll pass you on your way to the poorhouse Mr Bitter.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

If someone said that about you Steve… what would you now be saying?
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep the talk to racing and you’ll do fine mate. Otherwise, before long you’ll be talking to yourself on these pages.
    Stilvi has good racing knowledge.

One of the most genuine people on here, treating everyone the same. Criticising when he sees reason to criticise, no matter who it is (unlike some, whose opinion seemingly depends on who they’re talking about). Stilvi also gives praise to anyone who’s earnt it (friend or foe). Personally, I’ve had plenty of praise and seem to remember you getting praise from Stilvi too.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Keep the talk to racing and you’ll do fine mate. Otherwise, before long you’ll be talking to yourself on these pages.

One of the most genuine people on here, treating everyone the same. Criticising when he sees reason to criticise, no matter who it is (unlike some, whose opinion seemingly depends on who they’re talking about). Stilvi also gives praise to anyone who’s earnt it (friend or foe). Personally, I’ve had plenty of praise and seem to remember you getting praise from Stilvi too.

That’s crap. When it comes to picking winners Steve Caution is head and shoulders above anyone on here.

Some people are clearly jealous and it shows.

Stilvi – where the hell has he proved himself? Show me.

I urge Steve to ignore the jealousies and just carry on doing what he does.

Some of you need to grow up and stop being bitter it doesn’t alter the truth.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

That’s crap. When it comes to picking winners Steve Caution is head and shoulders above anyone on here.

Some people are clearly jealous and it shows.

Stilvi – where the hell has he proved himself? Show me.

I urge Steve to ignore the jealousies and just carry on doing what he does.

Some of you need to grow up and stop being bitter it doesn’t alter the truth.

Please don’t accuse me of saying something I haven’t IB.

I haven’t said Stilvi is better than Steve at anything to do with racing. After Steve’s attack on him, I wanted to point out Stilvi has “good racing knowledge” and is as genuine as anyone on here. If you have evidence to the contrary let’s have it.

I agree, Steve is excellent at “picking winners” (imo particularly ante-post), nobody has said anything different, not me, not Stilvi, not anyone else as far as I can see. Although he will have more winners being by far the most prolific tipper. Been as surprised as anybody that each time Steve puts his bets in to one thread it ends in failure. If he’d persevered may have been different, but no matter how myself and other DLAPers tried to persuade him to continue his mind was made up.

Take Flat And Party 2015

CAUTION ADVISED

I’ve got nothing to be jealous of – there’s room for as many successful punters as possible on TRF (more the merrier) – but I’ve sometimes thought the same of you IB so can see how it can appear. ;-)

It’s not a competition.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Outside of tipping horses on this forum I also do my best to keep people updated and try to advise them of any breaking stories that might help them avoid a bad bet. I post as many interesting/useful videos I can find for people who have missed a race.

If someone asks me a question I’ll do my best to answer it and offer as much detail as I can find and offer an opinion. Recently on the Arc thread Darren asked me about the German challenge in the race this year. I told him I didn’t really follow the German scene but I did a fair bit of looking into it for him and offered my opinion. I reckon I spent more than an hour researching that and typing information regarding the German Derby and Oaks.

That’s hardly egotistical showboating but if others want to have it that way then so be it.

Joni and I had a little spat about The Gurkha and words were said. I like to think Joni and I are still speaking. I am certainly well over it and I respect Joni as a poster with terrific insight. Third parties however feel the need to stir the pot and suggest that I have somehow got a problem with Jonibake and by association, also with him. I had noted on the King Of The sectionals thread that Joni was dragged to the top of Mount Everest through no choice of his own, in order that the two people who understand sectionals on the forum could be seen looking down on the people that don’t hang on to Simon Rowlands every word.

I could see Edmund Hillary up there teeting below but I suspect the unwilling Sherpa Joni would rather have been getting the crack of the Frankelings thread.

This is turning into rancid bull crap and it’s partly my fault for winding up those who have invaded my posts with unwanted criticism. These people know fully well that I don’t want to hear from them. I just think it’s better for the forum if they don’t.

The way some people go on here you would think that I am taking potshots at every other person on here. I say, examine your OWN pasts on this forum before you point the finger of blame.

Antagonists Heal Thyselves.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

This is turning into rancid bull crap and it’s partly my fault for winding up those who have invaded my posts with unwanted criticism. These people know fully well that I don’t want to hear from them. I just think it’s better for the forum if they don’t.

This lies at the heart of the problem Steve.

Everyone knows you’re a pretty good judge, but punters do have different opinions.
    When someone puts forward their opinion on a race which has the temerity to disagree with your own analysis – you blow your top – feeling they’ve “invaded your posts with unwanted criticism”. Do you need to see it as “criticism”? Isn’t it really just a difference of opinion?

You may not “want to hear from them”, but this is a horse racing discussion forum where people have different opinions. :good:

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

People can express their views in their own space. You can express your opinion and have it opposite to someone else’s without having to allude that they don’t know what they are talking about.

Gingertipster is delusional and I do feel there is a mental disorder at work here. Aspergers would be my guess but certainly there is a lack of reality involved somewhere.

When someone says piss off, you really should be able to do so. Weaselling your way back in endlessly is a sign that something is not quite right up top.

Looks like I’m forced to piss off again to get away from the radio rental maniac. :bye:

No comments please.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Oh Steve,
    Am not aware of anywhere on Big Race Discussions or Horse Racing that could be described as my “own space” or anyone else’s. :unsure:

Look at all the things you accuse me of on these two pages, “paranoid, delusional, aspergers, mental” etc (not very nice for people who truly are those things to be associated with me). I haven’t called you any names whatsoever other than a “good judge”. Think I’ve been quite restrained. Stop playing for sympathy again. Don’t know how you find time for so much analysis (putting in a lot of work, does you great credit). Obviously you enjoy TRF and it’s clearly an important, big part of your life. So please don’t cut off your nose to spite your face, get back on here and do what you’re good at – giving us winners! I need a few! ;-) We can forget this.

Whatever you decide Steve/David, I genuinely wish you well.
    Stay healthy.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Ardad was not injured in the July Stakes.

John Gosden has stated:-

“He is a five-furlong horse and he wasn’t happy.

“I think he is a five-furlong horse and I think altogether that was not his trip – as simple as that.

“We will just freshen him up and give him every chance.

“There is nothing in my mind, just dropping back to five is the obvious thing.”

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Ardad was far too free going up in trip today. May do better at 5f or when settling at 6.

Always good when a top trainer agrees with you. ;-)

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

It’s even better when you make the call yourself before the race and get paid B-)

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.