The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

July Cup 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion July Cup 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Kez1111
    Participant
    • Total Posts 131

Have 3 horses down so far providing all run:

Kinsale King

Nicconi(Unlucky last time to fall back of the field and did well to cut through the pack but too late, maybe Frankie wont be on this time)

Equiano

Any others, your tips?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I find it difficult to see Starspangledbanner and Fleeting Spirit out of the frame again. I was never really tempted to back Showcasing at Ascot, but I’ve had a bet on him at 25s for this. I was surprised at the confidence behind him then, and he’s better than that run. maybe blinkers will do the job. Fleeting Spirit looks an e/w bet to nothing. Although the draw could play a major role.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I can see the race having about 10 runners,so Starspangledbanner will go off like a scolded cat and set the race up perfectly for

Fleeting Spirit

. If she runs to last years form she will have too much toe for the fav and having grabbed 16"s on her i can see a repeat victory coming! Another one of the Kings finest moments came in last years race when i layed the fav at 6/4 and backed the flying filly at 42 on Betfair! More proof as to why betting on the exchanges has so much more to offer than Bookmakers! 8)

Showcasing

would be my idea of the fillys main danger and having taken 26 on the machine i see he is now 17"s.Nothing else appeals to me!

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Kinsale King worked well up the Al Bahathri on Thursday and will have a quiet time until Friday. The Golden Jubilee will have brought him on in fitness and Kieren now knows him better.

Nicconi worked well with a lead horse over 5f on the July Course on Saturday. Damien Oliver is flying in for the ride. No decision on head gear yet.

Alverta also worked (alone) up the July Course over 6f on Saturday. She is eating better and doing well in her work and an improved performance expected.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

TAPK

Nice to see you follow my ante post thread as i flag this horse to win weeks ago i did. :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"darren83" wrote: TAPK

Nice to see you follow my ante post thread as i flag this horse to win weeks ago i did. :wink:

You have got to be taking the proverbial Darren!? TAPK says he’s on at 16s, yet you claim he must have been reading your thread before he backed the filly. Yet you only tipped her when she was 6/1.

Why are you for some reason laying some sort of claim to TAPK’s choosing of her?! If anything you must’ve been following TAPK :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 443

TAPK

I’m going in too. I don’t have a bet yet but I’m going to take 5/1 tomorrow. I was on Starspangledbanner at 14/1 for the GJ and I can’t be taking 13/8 about him now. He was pitch perfect for that race and Ballydoyle will have to keep him there – not knowing the horse as well as they might. I knew he’d be a different horse after the York run and thats the view I’m taking with Fleeting Spirit. She has so much going for her

Course and Distance win
    Second run off a break
    Excellent run considering the lay off

Looks an each-way to nothing.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

I bet with bookmakers not with Betfair so that is why in terms of price

And this is the 1st time which TAPK has put FS for this race. while i done it weeks ago

Anyway TAPK knows i am mucking around :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"darren83" wrote: I bet with bookmakers not with Betfair so that is why in terms of price

And this is the 1st time which TAPK has put FS for this race. while i done it weeks ago

Good luck with her Darren, must have a great chance.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I bet with bookmakers not with Betfair so that is why in terms of price

Darren,i do read your contributions and apart from myself i cant recall anybody putting up

Workforce

for Group 1 success as early as you,so well done even if you deserted him for St Nicholas abbey in the Derby! :shock: As far as putting

Fleeting Spirit

up,you obviously dont read my notes as i have mentioned her on many occassions in the past and backed her for the July Cup last year at 42,after Jeremy Noseda stated she wouldn"t be running in it :roll: This year i backed her before the Golden Jubilee at 16"s for the July Cup as i thought she would win at Ascot!I actually got 100/1 that she would win both the Kings Stand and the Golden Jubilee! It doesn"t matter who put her up first,so long as she wins! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 443

Dettori has got the ride on her. I did her eachway today in Will Hill @ 5/1.

I hope she does the business!

Whats the record for Ascot winners doubling up in the July Cup? Stats men, Stat!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Whats the record for Ascot winners doubling up in the July Cup? Stats men, Stat!

The Stat we need to worry about nulty is when was the last time a horse won back to back July Cups "Right Boy"? :wink:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

TAPK

I did not desert Workforce for SNA.From Gerald to Wallace they will all tell you i was backing SNA for the derby since his maiden last August when i got 25/1 for him.
    Him missing the derby was the worst day in betting for me as he would of beaten Workforce at Epsom :D

Workforce was the only danger to him.

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

I like the looks of Equiano for this, he fits the trends well, he’s in cracking form and he’s a pretty tasty price for this – will have to wait for the draw, though!

EDITED TO ADD, 6/7/10: Or Nicconi, of course :)

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

IMO this will be like follow the leader and Fleeting Spirit won’t get near enough to have any chance of beating Starspangledbanner.

You could argue that Fleeting Spirit should improve from her first run but she was very well supported that day which could point to her not needing it too much…. She has nearly 3 lengths to find against a very fast horse…..I can’t see it happening

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

IMO this will be like follow the leader and Fleeting Spirit won’t get near enough to have any chance of beating Starspangledbanner.

You could argue that Fleeting Spirit should improve from her first run but she was very well supported that day which could point to her not needing it too much…. She has nearly 3 lengths to find against a very fast horse…..I can’t see it happening

Fair enough Fist, the Spangly one isn"t 13/8fav for nothing and i certainly give him more chance than i did last years "hotpot" Scenic Blast,but i see this fella as having one gear! Fast and thats it! Fleeting will hopefully get right up his Ass so to speak and when Frankie presses the button, Whooooosh,just like last year! It will take an exceptional horse to beat

Fleeting Spirit

! :wink:

• Total Posts 4293

Darren,i do read your contributions and apart from myself i cant recall anybody putting up

Workforce

for Group 1 success as early as you

:twisted:

Moi, 31st Dec, and hinted at it a couple of months earlier.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.