The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Juddmonte International 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Juddmonte International 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 525

How the hell was Postponed allowed to go off at 15/8?

Absolutely crazy.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1874

What a great result for the forum. With Postponed winning for the mighty Gore but shrewdie GT’s pick Mutakayyef a very unlucky third, arguably (and that’s the fun part) denied the win by Hanagan having his heart set on the rail.

Over/under on the number of pages this thread runs to? I’ll set the line at 14.

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

Laughing all the way to the bank! What a ridiculous price!!!

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

A few movers in the market but Almovodar not one of them.

Bit of a concern because Lanigan’s runners are rarely ‘missed’.

Unfashionable jockey and trainer Stilvi. Don’t know what the racing press has said this morning, but if little then not surprised no market move yet. Could be a different situation on course.

I suspect some people knew how he was going to be ridden. Never had a prayer.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6190

WD winners :good:

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

Phew! Postponed saves the day :yes:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Solid performance from a super horse who has to be a major contender for the Arc. Sir Issac gave me a great run in 4th but the 3 year olds were disappointing.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Gibbs829
    Participant
    • Total Posts 30

Mutakayyef has to be the horse to take away from that race, improved with every run. It’ll be interesting to see were connections decide to go with him next. :mail:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Mutakayyef has to be the horse to take away from that race, improved with every run. It’ll be interesting to see were connections decide to go with him next. :mail:

Be surprised if they don’t go to Champions Day. Target depending on the weather. If on the soft side I’d expect the Mile. If on the firm side expect the Champion itself over 10f. On good going :unsure: .

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

God call Mr Olney – you are now the prince, though Gore is still king :)

Well done all Postponed supporters – tough horse who looked to be idling for quite a while.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Unfashionable jockey and trainer Stilvi. Don’t know what the racing press has said this morning, but if little then not surprised no market move yet. Could be a different situation on course.

I wasn’t that surprised on the way Almodovar was ridden. On paper there were plenty of horses who like to race up there. Connections probably didn’t want to get in to an early battle at the front, so dropped out instead. Shame it didn’t seem to suit, particularly when the expected burn up failed to take place.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

What a great result for the forum. With Postponed winning for the mighty Gore but shrewdie GT’s pick Mutakayyef a very unlucky third, arguably (and that’s the fun part) denied the win by Hanagan having his heart set on the rail.

Over/under on the number of pages this thread runs to? I’ll set the line at 14.

Not so shrewdie LS, backed Mutakayyef win only. Although did put a late saver on Postponed at 2/1. :good:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

How the hell was Postponed allowed to go off at 15/8?

Absolutely crazy.

Negatives of each horse beforehand need to be taken in to account. When a neative subsequently proves unfounded the horse looks a crazy price. Had Hawkbill’s going negative proved unfounded his price would’ve looked crazy afterwards.

Well done all those who took a chance on the Varian form. :good:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6317

Well done all the Postponed fans :good: :good:

Shame that Luca never gets a mention regarding this horse. His patience has been rewarded for Varian.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Hawkbill was a major disappointment. He folded pretty tamely from a decent position and it’s not like he was taken off his feet on the ground and stayed on late.

Wings Of Desire was even worse and coming from a family know for regressive horses, he looks one to be wary of going forward.

Postponed was a good winner and when he hit 2/1 in the betting it looked like some sort of bizarre trap being set. As the old saying goes “Horses don’t know what odds they are” and Postponed cemented his position at the head of the Arc De Triomphe betting and I’ve taken him at 4/1 for that race, as my biggest and final bet on the race.

Looking at the Arc I suspect Postponed may just have the legs of Order Of St George and Harzand at just 2 pts bigger looks awful value in comparison to Postponed at 4/1.

Well done Postponed backers today. Of course I had him to win and Highland Reel each-way at 10/1 with a very generous bookmaker ;-)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

I wasn’t that surprised on the way Almodovar was ridden. On paper there were plenty of horses who like to race up there. Connections probably didn’t want to get in to an early battle at the front, so dropped out instead. Shame it didn’t seem to suit, particularly when the expected burn up failed to take place.

I didn’t think they went that quick and if he was 100% he should have been able to sit in the first three or four. It almost appeared as if he was given an educational run in a Group 1 race. Would have been just as well staying in his box.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I didn’t think they went that quick and if he was 100% he should have been able to sit in the first three or four. It almost appeared as if he was given an educational run in a Group 1 race. Would have been just as well staying in his box.

They didn’t go that quick Stilvi, just that on paper beforehand there was plenty of pace in the race and a decision was made to hold the horse up. It turned out the pace wasn’t as quick as anticipated.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.