The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Juddmonte International 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Juddmonte International 2016

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

I think Postponed is the one here.

For two reasons: A: he’s proven that he can stay beyond 10 furlongs, which is a plus if it comes down to a battle in the final furlong.

And B: so far he’s proven to be the best horse in the race. The others have to prove they can get to his level.

In fact his credentials are so compelling that 2-1 seems very generous, I’d make him more like an evens shot.

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

Nothing to think about, don’t even check the race just get everything on postponed when there is nrnb available! One of the biggest certs I’ve ever seen, he will come tanking around the the bend, shaken up a little, put back on snag, shaken up again to assert!

• Total Posts 15015

Pretty sure this will be the first time I’ve ever posted on a Juddmonte thread, and I must make sure it’ll be the last, but just had to come on and say welcome back Gore, thought you’d done a runner………………….or got banned lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Give him a chance vtc
    He’s just got back from the Caribbean Cruise courtesy of Zelzel winning the other week.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Gore! Gore! Gore!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

The negative vibes continue for US Army Ranger
    Highland Reel has leapfrogged USAR in the betting now and the latter is available at 10’s with a few firms.

Sunspangled
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

Aidan said yesterday that Highland Reel and Sir Isaac Newton are possibles, and USAR is in the frame but a decision won’t be made til he works later this week. So no surprise he has taken a walk in betting.

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Time Test is out – having a rest, which seems a bit odd to me.

Postponed shortening all the time, as low as 11/8 now and I expect he’ll go shorter given Time Test’s omission.

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Even money now Postponed. Will surely go off odds on ………. ?

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1874

Will we ever see US Army Ranger again? Big similarities between the guff coming out of Ballydoyle about his wellbeing/plans and the endless bulletins released about Gleneagles this time last year.

Blue1878
    Participant
    • Total Posts 179

Even money now Postponed. Will surely go off odds on ………. ?

You’re sitting on a good bet there but with Varian sending out very few lately and the doubt about the sharp trip i would lay some off if you are on big but a very nice problem to have.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Charlton not entirely happy with Time Test’s work apparently.
    I shall keep my thoughts on Charlton to myself……. :cry:
    disappointing to say the least with conditions looking to suit.

goreisking
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 192

Charlton **** himself, if Postponed wasnt in the race im sure Time Test would take his chance!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

US Army Ranger is 10/1, enough said right there with him. The Gurkha would gobble him up and spit him out in my opinion. The two horses have identical ratings on 121 but I am calling bollocks on that. There is no comparison in their achievements and The Gurkha has run to his mark several times, whereas US Army Ranger has his mark from the notoriously unreliable Epsom track, in what looked a very average Derby.

I feel the handicapper has the rose tinted specs on when assessing the Epsom Derby.

Best of luck Postponed backers, he’s not a value pick for me with the Coronation Cup an egg and spoon race that hasn’t been working out, and Varian only having eight runners and one winner this past fortnight.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6190

USAR wont win over 1 mile 2F in this company. The horse was given his rating over 12F in the Derby. I would argue the Gurkha would not get within half a furlong of USAR over 12F.

USAR is 10/1 at the moment because he wont run in this race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

US Army Ranger is 10/1, enough said right there with him. The Gurkha would gobble him up and spit him out in my opinion. The two horses have identical ratings on 121 but I am calling bollocks on that. There is no comparison in their achievements and The Gurkha has run to his mark several times, whereas US Army Ranger has his mark from the notoriously unreliable Epsom track, in what looked a very average Derby.

I feel the handicapper has the rose tinted specs on when assessing the Epsom Derby.

Best of luck Postponed backers, he’s not a value pick for me with the Coronation Cup an egg and spoon race that hasn’t been working out, and Varian only having eight runners and one winner this past fortnight.

You’re kidding right? :unsure:
    Which horses did you expect more of Steve?

Harzand 1st – Won Irish Derby from English Derby 3rd Idaho, the duo 3¾ lengths clear of the 3rd.
    In the Epsom Derby had 1½ lengths back to…
    US Army Ranger 2nd – Hasn’t run since.
    1¼ lengths
    Idaho 3rd – see Harzand. Ridden closer to the overly strong pace than other principles and not surprisingly got closer to the winner in Ireland.
    5 lengths
    Wings Of Desire 4th – Beaten 7¾ lengths by Harzand, only beaten 1¼ lengths by Highland Reel when runner-up in King George.
    3 lengths
    Humphrey Bogart 5th – Well beaten less than 2 weeks later at Royal Ascot and then inadequate trip in America.
    1 length
    Red Verdon 6th – Beaten out of sight by Harzand at Epsom. Just 4¼ lengths 4th in Irish Derby, then only beaten 1¼ lengths in Group 1 Prix De Paris, with Derby also ran Cloth Of Stars a neck away in 3rd.
    2 lengths
    Algometer 7th – Not run since.
    2 lengths
    Cloth Of Stars 8th – See Red Verdon. Pulverised in Derby, close 3rd in a Group 1 in France.
    Nose
    Massaat 9th – Runs for the first time since, tomorrow.
    3 lengths
    Across The Stars 10th – Beaten around 19 lengths at Epsom, Won King Edward.
    3 lengths
    Deauville 11th – Won the Grade 1 Belmont Derby Invitational in USA.
    1¼ lengths
    Ulysses 12th – Won Goodwood’s Gordon Stakes in impressive fashion.

Think that’ll do.

Seems to me the Derby is working out bloody well. :yes:
    If the handicapper is wearing “rose coloured specs”, what are you wearing? :whistle:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6190

Gingertipster in all respect you have to understand that is only the form of the race :yahoo:

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 116 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.