The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 4

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni's Poni's Season 4

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Dont you dare go and put an Ante-Post wager on this Jack Hobbs of Gosdens for the Derby Joni,I know you fall for all his patter but this monster of a horse wouldn’t have beaten ‘Western Hymn’ on the clock yesterday never mind him actually handling Epsom..Of course if Gosden says he’s not a Leger horse get on! ;-)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

There is surely no trainer in better form than Hugo Palmer and he has one runner tomorrow at Haydock. Extremity was a real improver last year winning several times and actually went off one of the favs in the Cambridgeshire before disappointing. The money has already come in for him so I am taking the last 11-2’s.

£50 ew Extremity – 11-2 2.20 Haydock

Jesus what happened there. I tipped Extremity for the Bob Rolf competition and he’s just finished stone bonking last?

Some extreme language from me after that one :unsure:

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£50 win Made With Love 3-1 – 7.30 Doncaster

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jonibake wrote:</div>
    There is surely no trainer in better form than Hugo Palmer and he has one runner tomorrow at Haydock. Extremity was a real improver last year winning several times and actually went off one of the favs in the Cambridgeshire before disappointing. The money has already come in for him so I am taking the last 11-2’s.

£50 ew Extremity – 11-2 2.20 Haydock

Jesus what happened there. I tipped Extremity for the Bob Rolf competition and he’s just finished stone bonking last?

Some extreme language from me after that one :unsure:

No idea Stevie – something not right though he ran poorly in the Cambridgeshire too. Tough old game this is sometimes!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£50 ew Extremity – 11-2 2.20 Haydock loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£50 win Made With Love 3-1 – 7.30 Doncaster loser

+£234.20

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So a difficult couple of weeks and some funny results around which I suppose is typical of the start of any season. With two 1,000 Guineas ante-post bets already blown out of the water it would take either a brave or foolish man to go diving in again right? Well I am certainly not brave but quite possibly foolish as I think today is the day to be betting on the race with the distinct possibility that the fav will not run and the pretty certain knowledge that she is unlikely to be 100% fit even if she does. The next two in the betting haven’t run this season and I wouldn’t want to be backing either of them as I don’t think there form is so strong anyway. Which leaves me with 2 runners who have proved their fitness and liking for the track already this season.

So I liked the Nell Gwynn this year and I think the winner might come from that race. There is no doubt that Beautiful Romance was the best looking filly and she ran very well without being given anything like a hard race. She looked short of speed over that trip and ground but with improvement in such a big filly likely, an extra furlong and the possibility of slower ground I think the 16’s Corals are still offering is tempting. I also liked the winner that day, Osaila and I think she may be under-estimated. She looked very well beforehand but is also likely to improve and is now 2 for 2 on the track. With her we would probably be hoping the rain stays away but I think she is a sure-fire each way bet if the ground stays at least good.

On to today and I am going to stay loyal to Hugo Palmer despite Extremity’s extremely shite run yesterday. He runs two today and I have backed them both.

£35ew Strong Steps – 6-1 – 3.25 Chelmsford
    £80 win Persiflage – 2-1 – 4.10 Wetherby
    £35 ew Beautiful Romance – 16-1 – 1,000 Guineas loser
    £40 ew Osaila – 12-1 – 1,000 Guineas loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£35ew Strong Steps – 6-1 – 3.25 Chelmsford winner +£252
    £80 win Persiflage – 2-1 – 4.10 Wetherby loser – £80

+ £406.20

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Going racing normally pays dividend not only on the day itself but sometimes for the rest of the season. Gossiping ran a race full of promise two weeks ago and looks to have found an easy opportunity at Windsor tomorrow. He had already been reported as working well before finishing 4th on that debut and I remember thinking he was one would really benefit for the run. B365 are going 11-4 and I am pretty sure he will go off much shorter than that come 6pm tomorrow.

£80 win Gossiping – 11-4 – 6.00 Windsor

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Are we allowed to swear on this new forum? Let me try…..****!!!!! Bloody, shittin Beautiful Romance has had a setback now which makes 3 ante post bets ruled out of 1,000 Guineas!! Worst part is that I backed 2 of them just hours before they were then ruled out!!!! Makes you wonder if AP betting is really worth it.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

BTW – interesting to see that Simon Crisford is using Silvestre De Sousa as his first jockey. What does that tell you about why he was appointed at Godolphin and how he lost that job…….

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Talking of SDS he is a man riding out of his skin so I am doing something I rarely do and having a fun ew lucky 31 on his first 5 rides at Southwell today.

£2.50ew Lucky 31 – SDS first 5 rides at Southwell (total cost £155)

Another runner from Gossiping’s Newmarket maiden who must take the beating in this easier race is Hannon’s horse Acaster Malbis. He needs to be winning this as he is 0-6 but I think he has been highly tried so far and this looks well within his grasp.

£80 win Acaster Malbis – 15-8 – 2.15 Kempton

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Well done with Gossiping Joni.
    I jumped aboard at 6/4 so the 11/4 you got was a great price. He still looked green and Buick done well to control him early as he looked to hang badly left at one stage.
    Are you still going Lockinge day Joni? I’ve got my train and entry tickets booked so let me know if you are going and I’ll pm you my mobile.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well done with Gossiping Joni.
    I jumped aboard at 6/4 so the 11/4 you got was a great price. He still looked green and Buick done well to control him early as he looked to hang badly left at one stage.
    Are you still going Lockinge day Joni? I’ve got my train and entry tickets booked so let me know if you are going and I’ll pm you my mobile.

Thanks Nath – yes he was a bit keen early and workmanlike but got the job done. I am very pleased with the price but would be more proud of if it wasn’t for my two dumb bets today. I wouldn’t have backed them if I hadn’t been working from home. You have to be more disciplined than that.

Yes the plan is still to go to the Lockinge so look forward to getting your PM and more importantly, finally meeting you!!!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£80 win Gossiping – 11-4 – 6.00 Windsor winner

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£2.50ew Lucky 31 – SDS first 5 rides at Southwell (total cost £155) return £67.50

£80 win Acaster Malbis – 15-8 – 2.15 Kempton loser

+£458.70

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Makes you wonder if AP betting is really worth it.

I’m only a phone call away pal! B-)

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.