The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 4

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni's Poni's Season 4

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

With Appleby’s running so well I much prefer Anglophile to the SBS horse so will put our small profit on the day on this one.

£50 win Anglophile – 4.45 Lingfield

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£30 win Fresles – 7-2 – winner +£105
    £40 win Tempus Temporus – 5-2 – loser -£40
    £15ew Solar Deity – 14-1 – loser -£30
    £25ew Blue Aegean – 7-1 – placed +£18.50

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£50 win Tacticus – 4-1 – 4.oo Chelmsford loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£50 win Anglophile – 4.45 Lingfield loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well we came within two whiskers of a very decent profit today but that’s racing I guess. Blue Aegean just got pipped on the post and Anglophile couldn’t quite get up. Still pretty even on the week so no complaints. There might be one bet tomorrow but it will probably be quiet until The Craven meeting now.

+ £519.75

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

4. Solow may well be a beast. Freddy Head has ridden Miesque and trained Goldikova. He knows a very good horse when he sees one and listening to him talk about Solow you could hear the excitement. I hope we get to see a lot of him in England as the Lockinge, Queen Anne and Sussex could all be at his mercy.

I was surprised the 7/2 lasted as long as it did for Solow in The Queen Anne. Despite being in the Prince Of Wales betting as well, Freddie Head has said the Queen Anne is his main aim, via the Prix D’Ispahan.

I was deeply impressed by Solow and it is hard to fathom what the hell the horse was doing in the Prix Vicomtesse over fifteen and a half furlongs on soft ground :wacko: at one stage.

I don’t think the Lockinge is on the agenda judging by the trainer’s recent comments, so hope that helps somebody to know that.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well I suppose, being a Singspiel, he was expected to appreciate a trip. He won his first race over 12f. But Freddie said before the race in Meydan, that he made a mistake going that far. I agree The Lockinge doesn’t look on the agenda and I see he doesn’t have an entry. Certainly I would have him over Able Friend any day. These Japanese horses tend to be more hype than substance.

I have a feeling the French horses could be the ones to follow this year, especially at the beginning of the season. It has been a long, hard winter over here and I wouldn’t be surprised if we find out they have a slight advantage over us at the moment and are a bit more forward. We saw how well they ran in Meydan with Solow, Dolniya and Flintshire and we saw one yesterday with Fresles. It bodes well for Ervedya in the Guineas and also for High Celebrity who is my idea of the winner at this stage. Her trainer is probably the best alive today and it is very interesting that he sent her to Newmarket twice last year where she ran really well over 6f. He is sure she will get a mile and I am certain this race is the plan. She was due to run last week in the Impudence but the ground was too soft and so they pulled her out saying she would be having a racecourse gallop at Newmarket instead. She is still available at 8’s in a place and I think it is a price worth taking.

Just one more thing. You heard it here first…..Ectot!!!!He stays in training and I HAVEN’T lost the faith!!!! B-)

£100ew High Celebrity – 8-1 – 1,000 Guineas – loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Sorry to say but I only have short priced favs today. Lady Dutch has joined Marco Botti after running well in Group races in Italy and she won first time out last month. She will strip fit for this and it doesn’t look the strongest field with only Queen Catrine looking a danger.

Johnny G saddles Made With Love in the following handicap running off 90 and I think he is going to prove plenty better than that.

Very Special is not worth backing at the price but I am including her in a treble as I think she will be much better than the exposed Shagah.

£80 win Lady Dutch 11-4 – 2.50 Kempton
    £80 win Made In Love – 9-4 – 3.25 Kempton
    £30 win treble the above two with Very Special – 4.00 Kempton

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£80 win Lady Dutch 11-4 – 2.50 Kempton winner +£220
    £80 win Made In Love – 9-4 – 3.25 Kempton loser -£80
    £30 win treble the above two with Very Special – 4.00 Kempton loser -£30

+£629.25

Good win from Lady Dutch. More to come I’d hope.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Although it takes ages for the English flat season to get going after Donny, the French are well and truly up and running and they have two excellent races at Longchamp today. I am working on this theory that the French horses have a slight fitness advantage over ours. That means taking on Al Kazeem makes sense. Whilst I am loathe to do this as I love Roger Charlton’s horse, I also think he will be in need of his first run (his trainer confirmed this as well). The problem is which froggy horse will beat him? It looks quite an open race but I like the look of Andre Fabre’s Fractional. Like his sire Manduro, this colt has done nothing but improve with age. It seems weird to say that a 6 year old is unexposed but I think that is the case with Fractional as he missed a year and is still very lightly raced. He had a pipe opener a few weeks ago against the beast that is Solow so fitness shouldn’t be an issue. He ran really well against Cirrus Des Aigles in the Prix Dollar last year when he was awarded the race controversially and I think he may even a Group 1 horse in the making. Trip and ground should be no problem and the price is very attractive.

£75ew Fractional – 8-1 – Longchamp 2.55

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£75ew Fractional – 8-1 – Longchamp 2.55 loser

+£479.20

Well there are some days when you get things right, some when you get things slightly wrong and some when you get things absolutely totally and utterly arse about face wrong!!!! Today was one of THOSE days!!! :wacko:

Never mind! Onwards and upwards!!!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So this week is when it really kicks off and I can’t wait til Wednesday when I’ll be at my second home – Newmarket. I know people like to knock it but for me there is something special about the place. As soon as I walk through the gates the sights and the smells take me back to my childhood and my dear old Grandad. He used to know everyone there and we would normally get a tip from the parking attendant, then another one from our friend on the 2nd escalator – then all the usual members who would greet him and me like we were family. He was a company director but a staunch leftie and treated everyone he met exactly the same. A great role model.

Anyway – sorry was lost in reverie! I have a feeling we might see a 1,000 Guineas contender or two on Wednesday. To me the market looks wide open. I am sure none of us would trust anything Aiden runs at the moment so Found looks very short to me at the top of the market. I put up High Celebrity last week and pretty much as soon as I did I heard she had been injured. They still hope she can make it but she has to be doubtful. So I am thinking something from left field could enter the picture. To that end I have had a couple of speculative ante-post bets today. I liked the way Lady Correspondent won her maiden at Newmarket on fast ground over this exact trip. She did all her best work at the end of a slowly run race and on Wednesday they are likely to go a good bit faster with a couple of front runners in the field. She is currently 33-1 for the Guineas and it is interesting that Johnny G has selected her to run in this race over his other entries. I think she could be a good deal shorter after Wednesday.

I was also given a strong word for Terror a few weeks ago from someone who works at the Simcock yard and she is the same price. She ran 4th in the Cheveley Park behind Tiggy Wiggy on only her 2nd start and is reportedly in very good shape. It may be that 7f/1m stretches her but again at 33’s I think it is worth spending money to find out.

There are no prices available for the Nell Gwyn but may well back one or both in that as well.

£50ew Lady Correspondent – 33-1 – 1,000 Guineas – loser
    £35ew Terror – 33-1 – 1,000 Guineas – loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I have taken the 7-1 about Lady Correspondent for the Nelly Gwyn as well.

£50ew Lady Correspondent – 7-1 – Nell Gwyn Newmarket

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I have taken the 7-1 about Lady Correspondent for the Nelly Gwyn as well.

£50ew Lady Correspondent – 7-1 – Nell Gwyn Newmarket loser

+£379.20

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£50 win Mahsoob – 3-1 – 1.15 Newbury – winner +£150
    £50 win Romsdal – 2-1 – 1.45 Newbury – loser -£50
    £25 ew Lacing – 16-1 – 2.15 Newbury – loser -£50
    £35 ew Estidkhaar – 6-1 – 2.50 Newbury – placed +£17.50
    £25 ew Loving Spirit – 10-1 – 3.25 Newbury – placed +£37.50

+£484.20

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Damn – I managed to delete my previous post!!!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

There is surely no trainer in better form than Hugo Palmer and he has one runner tomorrow at Haydock. Extremity was a real improver last year winning several times and actually went off one of the favs in the Cambridgeshire before disappointing. The money has already come in for him so I am taking the last 11-2’s.

£50 ew Extremity – 11-2 2.20 Haydock

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.