The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 4

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni's Poni's Season 4

Viewing 17 posts - 188 through 204 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

On fire today with the first three winners (if you include my AOB bet). THM – to be fair to to you Pleasach wasn’t beaten by stamina but by a better filly on the day. She raced very keenly and I wouldn’t mind betting she’d appreciate an easier surface. Time Test was awesome and definitely looks a Group 1 colt in the making.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Brilliant first half Joni, and if you get the winner of the Gold Cup I’ll be happy. :good:

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I think Resonant could go well.

£25ew Resonant – 14-1 – 5.00 Ascot loser

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

An amazing day capped off with the first and second in the last. Hope one or two people kept the faith! (Don’t blame you if you didn’t. I wouldn’t have!!!)

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Fantastic Joni.
    Wasn’t Time Test phenomenal? as you know I rate Peacock and Time Test made him look selling plater, group 1 winner in the future I reckon. Good to see your thread back in profit.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

On fire today with the first three winners (if you include my AOB bet). THM – to be fair to to you Pleasach wasn’t beaten by stamina but by a better filly on the day. She raced very keenly and I wouldn’t mind betting she’d appreciate an easier surface. Time Test was awesome and definitely looks a Group 1 colt in the making.

Haven’t seen any of today’s races but sounds like you had a good’un again, well done. Sounds like Pleascach ran her race, Curvy seems very progressive.

Lucida my only bet tomorrow, I like Found but can’t see why she’s so much shorter than Bolger’s. The Moore/O’Brien factor I guess.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A day to remember and delighted to be well on top again after a tough year up til now. It shows that one should really concentrate on quality racing and that is certainly what we got today.

This Royal Ascot is obviously all about Ryan Moore and he is certainly riding out of his skin but you have to have the horses and Aiden has them in incredible form. It is really interesting to me that he seems to have almost sacrificed early season form to make sure that his horses are peaking now and I think this shows that he is maturing as a trainer. It seems silly to say that this great trainer is getting even better but I honestly think he is and who says you can’t keep learning as you get older and wiser? Aiden seems to be and only a fool would ignore any of his horses for the rest of the week.

A lot was said about the two jocks on the Hannon horses in the first and I think it is fair to say they went off pretty quick and that Ryan’s horse benefitted. I wouldn’t be so sure that the result wouldn’t be the same next time though as the winner looked a fine horse on this ground. For me Log Out Island could still be something special over a little further as he seemed to be staying on again at the end.

Time Test was simply superb. There was a lot of talk on the Derby thread about how awful the 3 year olds are this year. Now we are looking at Gleneagles, Golden Horn, Jack Hobbs and this one and I personally think they measure up rather well. I am sure we will be seeing Time Test winning Group 1’s soon.

The Ribblesdale was a rough race but I am pretty sure the best horse won in the end. What an improved filly she is and it shows that GC didn’t do so badly to beat her last time which in turn further franks the form of the Derby and the horses who trounced GC.

Kingfisher was very unlucky in the Gold Cup but the winner did it well. I though Mizzou was given far too much to do and nothing seemed to come off the pace this year suggesting they got the fractions pretty much spot on.

Finally I was delighted to get the 1,2 in the last and was pleased for Charlie Appleby as he seems a nice bloke even if he might not be a great trainer. It shows the value of seeing horses in the flesh as I watched this one find trouble in running behind Time Test at Newbury with Nathan and have been following him since. He was given a superb ride by William Buick rather reminiscent of the one Frankie gave SOS this weekend.

I have had a look at tomorrow but it looks tricky to me. A couple of fantastic looking races like the Commonwealth (where there are at least 5 horses I fancy!) and the Coronation (where there are at least 4). I think I’ll watch some golf and sleep on it!

£2,258.72

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Some of us know who know their stuff and who dont Joni.Brilliant day pal well done!Now lump on Due Diligence at 10/1 for the Diamond jubilee.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thanks Gord, Ginge, Nath and THM. Hopefully we can crack on now. Due Diligence does look good for the DJ Gord………

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Some of us know who know their stuff and who dont Joni.Brilliant day pal well done!Now lump on Due Diligence at 10/1 for the Diamond jubilee.

Did you see my post on Boz’s thread Gord? Been backing Due Diligence for a few weeks now on Betfair at up to 28’s so I’m just hoping for a clear run. His run in the race last year screams Group 1 sprinter, in comparison the price of the Weld contender looks awfully short to me.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Sorry Joni, just realised I have sonewhat hijacked your thread with my own fancies the past couple of days :scratch:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

No problem at all THM!!! Good to see your fancies.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>The Ante-Post King wrote:</div>

Did you see my post on Boz’s thread Gord? Been backing Due Diligence for a few weeks now on Betfair at up to 28’s so I’m just hoping for a clear run. His run in the race last year screams Group 1 sprinter, in comparison the price of the Weld contender looks awfully short to me.

I didn’t Tommy but thats Boz’s fault for not being the judge I had great hopes for.TAPK sometimes comes across as a hard taskmaster but I lead by example.I wont tolerate a flash in the pan poster,I love confidence,I love those who aren’t afraid of ridicule,those who make an Arse of themselves (Joni) but still get up,dust themselves down and battle on.I respect (Ginge) for his consistent approach and for as much as I hate the scattergun effect he makes it work.(THM),you are a good judge,better over the jumps than flat but time is on your side.(Darren) F*** knows what goes through his head but he is a great judge he is.(GDC) is the dark silent but deadly sort who again is a ruthless assassin when betting.(VTC) is a time bomb of Tricast knowledge ticking slowly,waiting to explode again.(Steve Caution) had earned all our respect but sadly suffers from being too sensitive and we cant have a weak link in the DLAPS team.I the legend of Ante-Post betting gets fired up when the big meetings come round because if you dont you fail….’Confidence is King’ now lets go Kick some Ass again today.Good Luck all. B-)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Some fantastic racing today but it does look very tricky so I have gone a bit “Ginge” and have selected more than one on some races.

In the first I am thinking that Wesley Ward might just have the answer and so have covered them both for small stakes.

In the King Edward there are many imponderables like will OLR return to his 2 year old form? Is Stravagante as good as he looked at Epsom? etc I think the Stoute horse is priced up as a Stoute horse and has a fair bit to find with some of these. I can’t ignore OLR as AOB has them running so well and he could easily bounce back but I have a little feeling about Johnny G’s Mr Singh at a decent price. He beat Scottish in his maiden and we saw how well that one ran yesterday. He wasn’t beaten far last time out and he definitely stays and may well enjoy the condidtions.

The Commonwealth looks an absolutely fantastic race and to be honest any one of 8 could win and it would be no surprise at all. So I have gone for what I hope are decent prices. Adaay has done nothing but improve and I think he could run well. Tendu caught my eye at Ascot first time out and could reverse the form with Limato and New Providence is a massive price for a filly who finished upsides Limato lto and who LOVES these conditions.

The Coronation is another superb race and again I have chosen two. Obviously Found must go close but I am not sure 1m is her best trip and I can’t see why she is so much shorter than Lucida who ran a stormer in the Guineas and was only beaten by a combination of a bad start and a brilliant filly. I also have to back Sperry as I have followed her all season and she is improving and could just run into a place.

In the last I think Aloft has the class to win it and will be very tough to beat as long as he stays.

£25ew Back At The Ranch – 7-1 – Albany Stakes loser
    £25ew Laxfield Road – 6-1 – Albany Stakes loser
    £40 win Old Man River – 9-2 – King Edward loser
    £25 win Mr Singh – 12-1 – King Edward loser
    £35ew Adaay – 10-1 – Commonwealth loser
    £20ew Tendu – 14-1 – Commonwealth loser
    £20ew New Providence – 33-1 – Commonwealth loser
    £75ew Lucida – 4-1 – Coronation placed
    £15ew Sperry – 16-1 – Coronation loser
    £80 win Aloft – 9-4 – Queen’s Vase winner

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Some fantastic racing today but it does look very tricky so I have gone a bit “Ginge” and have selected more than one on some races.

It’s better than going grey Joni. LOL

Delighted to see you’re back where you belong; in profit. Was only ever going to be a matter of time. :good:

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£25ew Igider – 7-1 – Duke Of Edinburgh loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A slight loss today and once again the lucky last came to my rescue! A quick review – Good to see Hughsie get a couple of winners after a fairly disastrous week. You could see what it meant to Richard Hannon. The 2 year old won’t be winning any Guineas but looks a nice sort anyway.

Mr Singh ran a blinder and I thought for a while he was going to pinch it but the winner did it well. It is very concerning to see that 3 of Stoutey’s horses have finished lame this week especially as Telescope is supposed to be my banker. If Hannon has had a disastrous week, Stoute’s has had a cataclysmic one…..so far.

The Commonwealth showed how hard punting is. That winner was brilliant in the Greenham and I backed him in France where he completely flopped albeit from a bad draw. He showed how good he was today though. Tendu looked fantastic in the paddock but missed the break YET AGAIN and can’t win sprint races if she gives the others 5 lengths head start!!!

The cream rose to the crop in the Coronation and it may be my pocket talking but I think the draw cost Lucida that race. Kevin Manning was forced to drop her out and she couldn’t quite make the ground up. I think she is the best of those three but there is clearly not much in it. Jim Bolger is another having a poor week.

Part of the reason all these trainers are having poor weeks is because AOB is having an amazing one. They are pretty much ALL running well and Aloft did it well in the last. He would probably have had the 1st and 2nd if Bantry Whatsit hadn’t been badly hampered. Scary to think that AOB should probably have had 2 other winners in Kingfisher and Sir Isaac Newton who were also badly hampered.

Will be back later with bets for tomorrow.

£2,063.72

Viewing 17 posts - 188 through 204 (of 391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.