The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni's Poni's Season 4

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni's Poni's Season 4

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 391 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Great start to the day as following SDS – riding out of his skin. He sun is shining, the fillies both equine and human lol fantastic and I can’t wait for the oaks. Will be reversing JN and Leg in a forecast.

£25 rev f/c Jack Naylor and Legatissimo – Oaks loser

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Arod looks stunning

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Arod was all class. SDS in cracking form but I fear he’ll be banned again after that ride

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

They all look nice but Star Of Seville was my standout

£15 ew Star of Seville 12-1 Oaks loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A great day yesterday but what an anti climax!!!! It looked to be going to script when Legitissimo hit the front but she ran out of petrol in the last 100 yards. She was very keen going down and didn’t have the best of runs up the straight. I would say she was the best horse and will win any number of Group 1’s over 10f or even back to a truly run mile.

Elsewhere the horse to take from the day for me was Arod. He looked awesome in the paddock and did it very easily. I was kicking myself after for not having more on him at the course because Shifting Power looked on his toes and is very tall and leggy so Epsom was always unlikely to suit. If I owned Arod I would seriously consider the Prince Of Wales. It looks wide open with Al Kazeem out and much easier to win than the Queen Anne which is shaping up to be the race of the season.

On to today and I am hoping it hasn’t dried up too much and Jack Hobbs runs. Yesterday re-iterated to me how tough that mile and a half is – even though they didn’t go hard in the Oaks several still didn’t stay (Jack Naylor included unfortunately). Golden Horn will have to stay every inch of that mile and a half as I expect AOB to use one of his three to set it up for the guaranteed stayers. They surely won’t play into GH’s hands by going a dawdle. Despite what some think I am still of the opinion that the Dante was by far the best trial and I expect all three to be involved. So I have done forecasts and tricasts involving the three of them. I have also had a cheeky ew on Hans Holbein as I think he is the best of the AOB 3 and will definitely stay – after yesterday you just can’t write of the master of Ballydoyle!!

£10 combination forecast – Elm Park, Jack Hobbs and Golden Horn winner
    £10 combination tricast- Elm Park, Jack Hobbs and Golden Horn loser
    £15ew Hans Holbein – 16-1 – Derby loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I’m not convinced Dolniya is going to like Epsom so I have had a decent bet on Flintshire who has drifted to a backable price and likes ground and course. Just hope that they do an Arod with him and let him bowl along.

£200 win Flintshire – 2-1 – Coronation Stakes loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£150 win Golden Horn – winner – he looks SOOOO relaxed. If he stays he wins.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

:good:
    Nice forecast Joni.
    A good quality Derby was that. ;-)

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A superb Derby winner and I think the front two are both very classy. As I thought the Dante was the key race and I am sure I would have landed that tricast if Elm Park had run any sort of race. Epsom can do things to horses though. Storm The Stars ran a cracking Leger trial and I even thought Gord’s horse ran much better than I thought he would.

Will be very interesting to see how JG separates his two stars. My guess is he will look to France with Jack Hobbs for a bit of give and maybe even give him an easy summer with an Arc campaign in mind. I think he will get better as he gets older. As for Golden Horn, surely the Irish Derby and King George are at his mercy and then who knows? A really super, genuine colt with tonnes of class and a killer turn of foot. Delighted for Johnny G and Frankie had me laughing out louyd one minute and crying with emotion the next. Like him or loathe him he is one of our sports greatest ever characters and I don’t know what racing would do without him.

All in all a great race and a great meeting. Just a shame about that blasted Qualify!!!

-£113.32

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Gosden mentioned the Irish Derby for Jack Hobbs Joni.
    As Golden Horn already has a Derby to his name and more speed, suspect he’ll go for the Eclipse; certainly has the class to take on the older horses.

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Yes just seen that interview Mark. Makes sense I suppose. They’ll both win!!!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I’ve been having a little peak at Royal Ascot today just to see if there were any standout bets and I think I may have found one.

Whilst I would love to back Arod next time out I worry that they will be biting off too much in going for the Queen Anne. You have two superstars running in that race in Solow and Able Friend PLUS NOT and Toormore. It looks a cracking race. The St James’ should go to Gleneagles and the Coventry to next years 2,000 Guineas winner from Bolger’s stable but it is day 2 that I think might provide a bit of value.

There don’t seem to be that many top class older 10f horses so the POW is the race for me? Al Kazeem is injured, The Grey Gatsby was very disappointing lto, Arab Spring is more a 12f horse, California Chrome must have plenty of questions to answer and the favourite has had his problems and is not a certain runner. I read the other day that Ectot is definitely being aimed at this race and has had two racecourse gallops in preparation. He flopped badly in the Arc but that wasn’t his trip and I think he has all the class in the world this horse. He has been steadily backed in recent days but Boylesports are still offering 9’s and I have had a dabble at that price. If he runs, he will go off a lot shorter than that and I am very hopeful that this horse is a proper Group 1 animal.

£75ew Ectot – 9-1 – Prince Of Wales Stakes – Royal Ascot

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well I think it is time to retreat to my safe haven back here on DLAP’s where I hopefully don’t offend anyone. There is no better combination around at the moment than SDS and Mark Johnston and I see he has 5 rides for him today. Three of them are well fancied but I wouldn’t be surprised to see the other two run well also as they are both running off very low marks in relation to some of their form and will be winning before long. Just hoping today is that day.

£15ew Shipwright – 16-1 – Thirsk 2.45
    £50 win Suzi’s Icon – 5-2 – Thirsk 3.15
    £25 win Ifwecan – 3-1 – Thirsk 3.45
    £50 win Martini Time – 11-8 – Pontefract 6.40
    £15ew Midlander – 20-1 – 7.40 – Pontefract
    £2ew Lucky 31 the above all lost

Participant
    • Total Posts 22

I don’t know if it was Sod’s law, but I did a similar bet Joni…terrible! All ran like pigs I’m afraid…strange as generally the combination have been in scintillating form this past month. They’re sure to have a decent Royal Ascot but unusually poor today.

Always expect the unexpected.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A disaster SC!!!! They all finished last didn’t they?!!! You have to laugh really!!!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well after yesterday’s disaster it is time to hit back. I am confidently backing a horse that has done nothing but let me down so far and owes me. Satellite was originally with Sir Henry but never ran for him. He won on debut and was then beaten only 3 lengths by Cannock Chase having basically pulled Frankie’s arms out. This season he has been gelded and he actually ran a lot better than the result suggests on his return at York lto. He was only beaten 4 lengths staying on over 10f. He goes back up in trip tomorrow and has dropped a further 2lbs in the handicap. He runs off a very attractive mark , had Ryan Moore on board and the race looks very winnable. There is an unexposed sort of Ralph Becketts that could be the danger but he is running for the first time this season so I am sure mine will have a fitness advantage. You can still get 3’s with B365.

£200ew Satellite – 3-1 – Haydock 5.10 loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I’m in need of a winner and hopefully have found one tomorrow in Western Reserve. He won very easily lot and has been given a chance by the handicapper. It looks a good eve with lots of potential improves but this one has apparently been working very well and I hoping that Warren Place can do the business for me.

£150ew Western Reserve – 4-1 – 1.45 Sandown – placed

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 391 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.