The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni’s Poni’s Season 3

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni’s Poni’s Season 3

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Let’s hope so Gord, Kingston Hill is still a good shout as it’s not as though soft ground is an essential for him, I know it was over 2f further but his Derby form proves that.

Still no rain, but a shower expected at about 12 and other than that the rain should stay away, though at that time I’ll be walking to Sandown so hopefully the showers not too heavy.

Good luck!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I think the least said about today the better. 2 jockeys thinking they are on Frankel. Very happy for Mukhadram though who deserves his day in the sun.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£40 win Forever Now
    £35 win Belardo
    £100 win Arab Spring
    £100 win Pretzel

£5 win Lucky 15

Scribbled that down quickly before the off but shouldn’t have bothered as Forever Now faded disappointingly. I love this July meeting and have the next 2 days off to sit back and enjoy it! Arab Spring is the one I am most looking forward to today – a typical Stoute improver who looked Group class at Ascot. Won’t get rich backing him but I don’t think it is a great line up for a Group 2.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Terrible day yesterday and a bad recent run. You know your luck is out when you see your horse in a photo finish and the still-frame tells you he has won but the race-caller calls out the other one!

Never mind – onwards and upwards. With all this rain around today, picking winners at Newmarket won’t be easy. I am a big fan of Integral but am not sure how he will cope with the soft so might just leave that race alone. I have had a fun bet on Gregorian in tomorrow’s July Cup as he will love the conditions and I have taken the last 4’s about Joyeuse today. I would have preferred the stable to be in better form but she looks the class horse in this race.

£50ew Joyeuse – 4-1 2.20 York

£25ew Gregorian – 33-1 July Cup

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£80 win Integral 15-8 – Falmouth Stakes

Impressive!

£2,410.66

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£35ew Aljahmajeer – 11-1 July Cup

£35ew Mull Of Killough – Ascot 2.30 – 8-1

£15ew Double

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A lot of mince getting touched off at the moment and I thouhgt Gregorian was unlucky. Might have given SP a race with a clear run.

£2,492.29

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Great news about Taghrooda going for the KG and it makes the Irish Oaks a decent betting proposition. JOB has chosen Tapestry and I think we should take the hint. She ran much better than her finishing position in the Coronation as she had nowhere to go and finished strongly. She always looked more of an Oaks than a Guineas filly to me and 8-1 looks tempting.

£75ew Tapestry – 8-1 Irish Oaks

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A couple of bets today but keeping them relatively small as there are some pretty heavy showers down here and we could get that horrible loose sort of ground we saw at Sandown and Newmarket recently.

I saw Tiggy Wiggy run at Royal Ascot and was impressed as the winner is probably going to be a very decent Group 1 sprinter one day. She looks far too good for today’s rivals and her trainer does well in these sorts of races.

The other fascinating race is the return of Al Kazeem. He was a great servant to me last year and he would win this by 5 lengths if anything close to his best. It’s a big "if" though and I was prepared to take him on. But with what? Everyone of his rivals has as much if not more to prove than he does! The one that was tempting me was Triple Threat as it always pays to take note of when Andre Fabre sends one over. Certainly if there are any chinks in AK’s armour, this one will be the one to expose them. But he has been out of sorts recently and off a long time. I couldn’t back him with any real confidence. So I am going to take the words of Roger Charlton on board when he says he has AK in great form and go with my old friend. I’ll reverse a forecast with TT just in case the Frenchman can wave that magic wand of his.

£100 win Al Kazeem – 7-4 2.40 Newbury

£75ew Tiggy Wiggy – 4-1 – 3.50 Newbury

£25 win double the above

£25 rev f/c Al Kazeem Triple Threat

£2,662.29

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

A couple of bets today but keeping them relatively small as there are some pretty heavy showers down here and we could get that horrible loose sort of ground we saw at Sandown and Newmarket recently.

I saw Tiggy Wiggy run at Royal Ascot and was impressed as the winner is probably going to be a very decent Group 1 sprinter one day. She looks far too good for today’s rivals and her trainer does well in these sorts of races.

The other fascinating race is the return of Al Kazeem. He was a great servant to me last year and he would win this by 5 lengths if anything close to his best. It’s a big "if" though and I was prepared to take him on. But with what? Everyone of his rivals has as much if not more to prove than he does! The one that was tempting me was Triple Threat as it always pays to take note of when Andre Fabre sends one over. Certainly if there are any chinks in AK’s armour, this one will be the one to expose them. But he has been out of sorts recently and off a long time. I couldn’t back him with any real confidence. So I am going to take the words of Roger Charlton on board when he says he has AK in great form and go with my old friend. I’ll reverse a forecast with TT just in case the Frenchman can wave that magic wand of his.

£100 win Al Kazeem – 7-4 2.40 Newbury
    £75ew Tiggy Wiggy – 4-1 – 3.50 Newbury
    £25 win double the above
    £25 rev f/c Al Kazeem Triple Threat

I picked the same two last night Joni and then thought Tiggy Wiggy had lost a leg when I saw her at 5/1 this morning. The money came for both horses but it was sad to see such a tame effort from Al Kazeem. Tiggy Wiggy was like Usain Bolt though and she’s a likeable sort holding her form well after kicking off her season in March!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Yes Tiggy wiggy was seriously impressive Stevie. Interesting to hear RH talking about the Nunthorpe next! Why not?

What about AK? Well I wouldn’t give up on him JUST yet. He travelled well and seemed to blow up in the final furlong. I am sure connections ARE disappointed but I would like to see how he goes next time out before writing him off altogether. I think today he was just up against race-fit horses and was very rusty.

I was gutted for Tapestry. Everything went wrong for her from the ludicrous 25 minute wait to the way the race unfolded and I think she ran a huge race. She is a vital filly for me in my TTTF and I hope she goes for the Nassau now as I reckon 10f will be her ideal trip.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I was gutted for Tapestry. Everything went wrong for her from the ludicrous 25 minute wait to the way the race unfolded and I think she ran a huge race. She is a vital filly for me in my TTTF and I hope she goes for the Nassau now as I reckon 10f will be her ideal trip.

I hope not Joni as I’ve got 50/1 for the St leger! :oops:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

What a great race in prospect today. It looks wide open with the 4 at the top of the betting looking rock solid and some fascinating outsiders.

The rain has made a difference to my thoughts. I was all for a decent each way bet on Magician before the ground turned. His form over this distance on fast ground is impressive but he has been fairly ordinary when the ground has had ease. I realise it will probably have dried to good ground come race time but I still think he is more vulnerable now to an improver.

The same sort of comments apply to Telescope whose best form is on quick ground. I still think he will be there or thereabouts even under today’s conditions but I think he will find one too good

It would be no big surprise if Eagle Top won as connections wouldn’t be stumping up £75G if they didn’t think they had a serious horse. He was mighty impressive at Ascot and the rain is supposed to be good for him. For me you are taking too much on trust if you back this one. He could just be top class but I would like to see him prove it first.

There is no doubt in my mind that Taghrooda IS top class. She travelled like a dream in the Oaks and saw out every yard under similar ground conditions to today. This is of course a much tougher race but the fillies allowance puts her right in there. She has drifted to a backable price this morning and so she’ll do for me.

£100ew Taghrooda 10-3 – King George

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

What a great race in prospect today. It looks wide open with the 4 at the top of the betting looking rock solid and some fascinating outsiders.

The rain has made a difference to my thoughts. I was all for a decent each way bet on Magician before the ground turned. His form over this distance on fast ground is impressive but he has been fairly ordinary when the ground has had ease. I realise it will probably have dried to good ground come race time but I still think he is more vulnerable now to an improver.

The same sort of comments apply to Telescope whose best form is on quick ground. I still think he will be there or thereabouts even under today’s conditions but I think he will find one too good

It would be no big surprise if Eagle Top won as connections wouldn’t be stumping up £75G if they didn’t think they had a serious horse. He was mighty impressive at Ascot and the rain is supposed to be good for him. For me you are taking too much on trust if you back this one. He could just be top class but I would like to see him prove it first.

There is no doubt in my mind that Taghrooda IS top class. She travelled like a dream in the Oaks and saw out every yard under similar ground conditions to today. This is of course a much tougher race but the fillies allowance puts her right in there. She has drifted to a backable price this morning and so she’ll do for me.

£100ew Taghrooda 10-3 – King George

For once I got this spot on. What a superb filly and a brilliant decision from connections. She must go to the Arc with a massive chance now.

£3,082.29

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Retirement Plan hasn’t gone on as expected this year but he has his ideal conditions tomorrow and he is apparently still working like a god horse. A mark of 95 is generous I think so I’ll take my chances that his last run was an aberration.

£100ew Retirement Plan 5-1 Ascot 3.05 loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

As long as Noble Mission has recovered from a tough race last time he should hack up today back over his fav trip and on soft ground.

£250 win Noble Mission 11-8 – Munich 4.05 loser

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

100 ew Brown Panthr 3-1 Goodwood placed

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.