The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni’s Poni’s Season 3

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni’s Poni’s Season 3

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Joni, Corals have opened their odds on the Eclipse with Noble Mission at 10/1 if that’s any good to you.

Cheers!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thsnks Stevie. It would be very tempting but I read today that NM is likely to go to France this weekend for the Prix Saint Cloud so I may hold off til that is confirmed.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£50win Gatewood

£50ew Gregorian

£50 win double the above

Rain!!!!

£3,230.41

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So I have a theory that Noble Mission has been underrated this year. He has easily beaten two very good horses in Magician and Telescope and the change of tactics has made all the difference. In my opinion we are now dealing with a serious Group 1 horse especially when there is rain around.

Tomorrow he goes in the Grand Prix St Cloud and the rain they are currently having in Paris can only help. He has to beat his stable companion but every drop of rain increases his chance whilst simultaneously reducing Flintshire’s. I expect him to win well.

£200 win Noble Mission 9-4 – Grand Prix De Saint Cloud

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

So I have a theory that Noble Mission has been underrated this year. He has easily beaten two very good horses in Magician and Telescope and the change of tactics has made all the difference. In my opinion we are now dealing with a serious Group 1 horse especially when there is rain around.

Tomorrow he goes in the Grand Prix St Cloud and the rain they are currently having in Paris can only help. He has to beat his stable companion but every drop of rain increases his chance whilst simultaneously reducing Flintshire’s. I expect him to win well.

£200 win Noble Mission 9-4 – Grand Prix De Saint Cloud

Fantastic news Joni, Liz Price strongly fancies

Flintshire

:D

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Venus De Milo caught my eye last season and I actually fancied her to give The Fugue a run for her money in last years Yorkshire Oaks. She isn’t quite THAT good but I still think she has a Group 1 in her and it could come today. She is almost certainly better over a bit further but I am hoping the race will be run at a decent lick with a couple of front runners in the field in which case her stamina might well come into play. A good ew bet at the prices anyway.

£50ew Venus De Milo – 9-2 Pretty Polly Stakes

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Just reading Ginge’s thread made me take a peek at the odds for next week’s Eclipse and the 9-4 he got about The Fugue has already disappeared so will take the 2’s whilst I can. The forecast is for sunshine all week so she will have her conditions, is pure class and will surely take all the beating.

£200 win The Fugue – 2-1 – The Eclipse

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£25ew Noble Mission – 40-1 – Arc

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Unlucky yesterday with an ambitious double and bloody mugged today on ‘Frankels’ Brother,you were bang on about ‘Flintshire’ too.When you write like we do on here Joni,its a public sickener,tests ones character it does.Chin up thats a very interesting wager for the Arc,if he’s drawn well he could steal it on typical Arc day ground.Good luck with that I like your foresight.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thanks Gord. Yes it was agony watching that race today. I suppose I had a feeling the 12f could stretch him as he looked to be emptying over 10f at The Curragh lto. Still he was easily the best horse in the race and I do think if James Doyle could ride the race again he would leave it a bit later before setting for home. It was like Frankel’s St James’ but NM is not his big brother (as you know :wink: )

I took the 40’s for the Arc because I would have kicked myself if he had won easily and shortened. Will that be it for him over 12f though? He ended up having a hard race today and I hope they put him away for an Autumn campaign. I could see him pushing Australia in the Irish Champion and then aiming for the race his brother won on Champions day. Whatever, I think he is a proper Group 1 horse now and expect more big days if conditions suit and the jockeys gets his fractions right.

£3,036.91

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

If ever there was a race that depended entirely on the weather then this is that race. The forecast changes by the hour and latest reports seem to suggest there will be some but perhaps not enough to dissuade the fast ground lovers.

For me it is simple. If the ground stays decent and The Fugue runs to her Ascot form then there is only one winner. She is pure class and this is her trip and these (at present) her conditions. There have been genuine excuses for her poor runs and, if you take them away, she has actually been really consistent. In fact in her last 6 races her form figures read 1,1,2,2,11,1 and she was unlucky with at least one of those 2nds. She has not been aggressively campaigned and I see no reason why she shouldn’t run her race unless it rains too much in which case she probably won’t run anyway. So, for me, if she runs she wins.

Of the others obviously the first and biggest danger is NOT. Ever since Nath pointed this one out to me at the end of last season I have been a fan and I actually backed him to beat Kingman in the Greenham. Obviously I was then livid when he beat Kingman in the Guineas as I certainly didn’t see that coming and hindsight shows that that was probably not the correct result. My problem with NOT and the Eclipse is that it is an afterthought and I really don’t like it when trainers run their horses in races as an afterthought. Let’s be honest, if Kingman hadn’t trounced him in the Sussex would they even be thinking about stepping him up at this stage? I personally doubt it. This was a horse that started off over 6f and I think he will be found out in a top class 10f race coming up that hill.

The same sort of comments apply to AOB’s two. He is guessing with War Command who has entries in the sprint races! He stayed on past tiring horses in the Sussex but was strangely lacking a turn of foot when it mattered. I can’t see him staying the 10f. Verrazano is a very good looking colt but his two races over 10f hardly give you confidence that he will stay the distance on a hilly track like Sandown. Besides I don’t see this horse having a turn of foot.

If it DOES rain a lot I see Kingston Hill winning comfortably. His action was made for soft ground and his form is rock solid. There are no doubts about his stamina it is just a question of whether he will have the speed of The Fugue if the going is fast. I would be surprised if he didn’t start fav if the rains really come but once again my worry would be that this race is an afterthought and my guess is that 12f is his correct trip given decent ground.

I like Trading Leather and I expect him to run well if it stays firm as the race should be run at a decent lick with the exposed Mukhadram likely to have more use made of him. Finally True Story is a horse liked by Kieron but he has been very disappointing the last two times and would have to produce a massive career best to win this.

In summary this race looks a lot easier than the POW that The Fugue won so easily and she must be hard to beat as long as it doesn’t P1ss it down!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

What do you think of Mighty Yar’s chances tomorrow Joni? I still cant make my mind up what ground would best suit him…. :?
    Maybe the longer distances he runs the quicker ground.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

What do you think of Mighty Yar’s chances tomorrow Joni? I still cant make my mind up what ground would best suit him…. :?
    Maybe the longer distances he runs the quicker ground.

I am half expecting him to be withdrawn Nath as his only outing on soft was disappointing. Perhaps it will be a pointer if he runs as I think he still has potential but, at the moment, he is a no bet for me.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Have to say I am surprised to see The Fugue on the drift and KH being backed bearing in mind it hardly rained at all and is still firm in places! Maybe someone knows something I don’t.

Elsewhere I think Seal Of Approval is a good bet today. She has done nothing but improve this one and rac a blinder lto in a much better race. Her win at Ascot last year in desperate conditions gives me the confidence to think she will extremely hard to beat.

£200 win Seal Of Approval 11-4 2.55 Haydock

£50 win double The Fugue and Seal Of Approval

£2,586.91

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Maybe someone knows something I don’t.

Kingston Hill has been hit by the double whammy with Pricewise and TAPK putting him up, goes off fav at this rate…… :shock:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Was up til about 3am and it hadn’t started raining here then, it’s not raining now either, from looking outside it looks as though there was a small amount of rain but nothing much. Doesn’t look like there’s much rain to come either. I’m still confident the ground will be good or good/firm, it’s making me want to bet The Fugue but think I’ll stick with my Trading Leather bet!

Queen Catrine is one I like too who will enjoy the fast ground, Ryan Moore booked and she’ll be hard to beat.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ben I’m confident a 4yo

Trading Leather

can get revenge on ‘The Fugue’…..So long as he makes all! 16/1 e/w is an absolute gift on fast ground.Of course I expected soft ground this morning so have done

Kingston Hill

at 9/1 e/w in the week.One of these will beat Gosdens filly for sure,she aint an Eclipse winner! :wink:

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.