The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni’s Poni’s Season 3

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni’s Poni’s Season 3

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Just time to post two small bets:

£25ew Inchilla – 5-1 Ribblesdale

£25ew Brown Panther – 6-1 Gold Cup

£2,699.91

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Desperately sad with Inchilla yesterday and she was travelling so well.

Nothing today yet but wanted to post a confident bet for tomorrow. Telescope has his critics but I think he has run into a good horse this year and the combination of the extra trip and better ground makes 3-1 with PP a good bet in my book.

£200win Telescope – 3-1 – Hardwicke

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Snow Sky too big at 6’s

£25ew Snow Sky – 6-1 – King Edward

£2,649.91

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Kicking myself – Buick was riding him even before Western Hymn’s defection. Should have read between the lines.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Grabbing the 5’s about Hamelin tomorrow.

This is one of Hughes’ fav colts and the expectation is he is at least listed class. He ran a blinder on his reappearance and trip/ground will suit so confident selection.

£100ew Hamelin 3.05 Royal Ascot

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A look at the TTTF shows me I am 2nd in the monthly prize and 4th overall. I should be happy but if someone told me I would have 8 Group 1 winners of bonus races in one month and STILL not win it I wouldn’t have believed them! I think my only chance of the £5,000 is if Aiden decides to run Tapestry again next weekend in the Pretty Polly. I think 10f would be her trip and I am not sure he has any other filly for the race. She was also given an easy time by JOB after being boxed in so I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Kicking myself – Buick was riding him even before Western Hymn’s defection. Should have read between the lines.

Joni, I read somewhere that there was speculation that the owners were less than impressed with Buick on Western Hymn in the Derby and that was why Richard Hughes was booked for Western Hymn yesterday.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Joni, I read somewhere that there was speculation that the owners were less than impressed with Buick on Western Hymn in the Derby and that was why Richard Hughes was booked for Western Hymn yesterday.

Ah! Thanks for clearing that up Steve

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Hugely impressive and great to those who kept the faith. People will probably say it was just the ground but Noble Mission’s form has been well and truly franked this week. Magician, Contributor and Telescope have all run blinders.

As for Telescope he is clearly a very good horse on this ground and over this trip and has to be on the short list for the King George. As Ryan said though – not sure it was toughest Hardwicke.

Meanwhile the thread breaks the £3,000 mark!

£3,049.91

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Hugely impressive and great to those who kept the faith. People will probably say it was just the ground but Noble Mission’s form has been well and truly franked this week. Magician, Contributor and Telescope have all run blinders.

As for Telescope he is clearly a very good horse on this ground and over this trip and has to be on the short list for the King George. As Ryan said though – not sure it was toughest Hardwicke.

Meanwhile the thread breaks the £3,000 mark!

Very easy win for Telescope but, as has been said, the race lacked a bit of depth. I usually take Telescope on but not today with the team in ripe form and no realistic alternative. Dandino being second fav said it all really. His UK runs have been pretty moderate and he hasn’t won here since Sep 2012 in a Kempton group 3. Ehktihaam, as I have said before, looks a horse with major problems. Camborne looks about the width of a fag paper more reliable than Roger Varian’s tearaway. Keep piling that cash up Joni!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Nothing today yet but wanted to post a confident bet for tomorrow. Telescope has his critics but I think he has run into a good horse this year and the combination of the extra trip and better ground makes 3-1 with PP a good bet in my book.

Thats a great shout Joni,I came on here looking for your

Rizeena

bet for the Coronation Stakes! :shock: You spoke highly of her last year.Great thread,well disciplined,good insight with a touch of foresight too….Your King approves,maintain that start and you will reach the magical £10k profit mark only ever seen on here by er………..me! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

£10k profit mark only ever seen on here by er………..me!

ginger’s won millions with his pound a point.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

£10k profit mark only ever seen on here by er………..me!

ginger’s won millions with his pound a point.

And bet Billions achieving it Nath! :lol:

• Total Posts 614

Dont give ginge ideas. He might kidnap billion the forumite. All youd see is a ginger haired man suspiciously ushering some old grampa simpson into ladbrokes and saying to the person behind the counter, ‘you can have this old man if you give me 52% on that one, 40% on ehmmm that one there, and a 8% saver on that one, whilst pointing at a virtual racing machine.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Good old Goldi,you been on the Irn Bru with Darren?

• Total Posts 614

Yup gord been on the irn bru. Enjoyed the races, and just hope the ground is good for ascot next month. Could be a nice race if all the good ones turn up. Your friend gosden will have one to go there with, and magician needs 12f. Can’t forget flintshire either. If he gets his ground. You’ll have 150 ew on him if hes aimed there.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thats a great shout Joni,I came on here looking for your

Rizeena

bet for the Coronation Stakes! :shock: You spoke highly of her last year.Great thread,well disciplined,good insight with a touch of foresight too….Your King approves,maintain that start and you will reach the magical £10k profit mark only ever seen on here by er………..me! :lol:

Thanks Gord – I actually wasn’t sure Rizeena had trained on after Newmarket but she did it well. Great for Clive Brittain – one of the originals and 80 years young.

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.