The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni’s Poni’s Season 3

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni’s Poni’s Season 3

Viewing 12 posts - 188 through 199 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well hang on a minute. Stoutey wouldn’t be sending Stomachion over for fun would he? Let’s go for it.

£50ew Stomachion – 5-1 – Leopardstown 3.25

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

This thread started nervously,it was showing signs of going downhill

Noble Mission

a horse who reflected the style of what was going on here……..Then out of Nowhere ‘Crash Bang Wallop’ things changed for both of you.7 months later this thread thanks mainly to ‘Our horse’ and a re-assuring arm from your King this thread by all means and purposes finishes with a £5k profit…..Anyone who thinks its easy doing that wants to have a go,you Joni are a pleasure to read,you are consistent in your approach and disciplined in what is a brothel out there for those who like to dip their toe in.Well done.
    Being a student of psychology I know you are thinking….Christ do I want to do it all again next year :shock:
    Have a good holiday but make sure you leave 10 to follow in our TRF comp over the winter.
    regards,
    Gord x

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thanks Gord! You are right of course that this thread would be in the red were it not for you and the inspiration you provide me daily. Since meeting you 4 years ago my life has changed dramatically and you now guide me in almost every decision I make in my life from what I should bet on to what career decisions I should take to what colour pants I should wear. I think of you my guru and what you would do. I am also trying to spread your gospel to my circle of friends, family and colleagues and your influence is thus being circulated globally and you are well know in all the far flung corners of the globe. I even heard yesterday that the Pigmies in Papua New Guinea worship a shrine of you. The W Hotel in Doha has your image printed on it toilet paper so I can even think of you when I wipe my backside. Actually that is when I think of you most often strangely. Thank you for all the wisdom and for being so modest in your refusal to take ALL the credit when that credit IS due solely to you.

I type this final bit through tears at the thought of a long winter without you beside me, holding me, caressing me gently and telling me everything will be ok. Thank you for being you.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Low marks for originality today and apologies for the brevity but still on hols so having to do everything on my blackberry. Painfully slow!!

Anyway here are probay my last bets of the season.

£100 win French Navy – 11-4 – Newmarket

£100 win Dank – 2-1 – Santa Anita

£100 win Telescope – 9-4 – Santa Anita

£100 win Toronado – 9-4 – Santa Anita

£4,784.37

samj89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 708

I would put a saver on ocean tempest at 9/1 its a massive price with slight give in the ground

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So close to that 5k barrier so thought I’d have a couple more bets. After my success with Adelaide down under last week I have gone for Mutual Regard of Johnny Murtagh’s. Certain to stay the trip, progressive, well drawn and likes the ground. 11’s is a good price I think.

Today I see Godolphin have a short prices handicap snip that should win and I fancy one of Chris Wall’s in the last.

£50ew Mutual Regard – 11-1 – Melbourne Cup

£75win Tayma 6-4 – 4.25 Wolverhampton

£25ew Dire Straits – 5.25 Wolverhampton

£4,612.37

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I like this one of John Gosden’s at Wolverhampton tonight. His lto should be enough to win this with the top weight probably in need of the run.

£100 win Maveric Wave 7.40 6-4 Wolverhampton

£4,512.37

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So whilst handicaps are not normally my thing I thought it would be rude not to have one last go at the magic 5k so have had a couple of speculative bets on tomorrow’s November Handicap.

I have gone for two horses who have been laid out for the race and who hopefully won’t mind conditions.

£50 win Plutocracy – 16-1

£50 win First Mohican – 16-1

£4,412.37

• Total Posts 66

What’s your thinking behind First Mohican? I can see the thought behind Plutocracy and 16’s looks a great price, but I’m struggling to see Mohican..?

Just wondering what your thinking was as maybe I’m missing something!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

What’s your thinking behind First Mohican? I can see the thought behind Plutocracy and 16’s looks a great price, but I’m struggling to see Mohican..?

Well to be honest I only looked at him after reading the interview with Henry Ponsoby in today’s post. He says the horse has been laid out for this race since Ascot in June and with the very good claimer taking 3lb’s off and the ground having coming right I think he could run a big race. He has won off a mark off 100 before and will run off 99 tomorrow when you include the claim. The ground was too quick for him when he ran in this race a couple of years ago off a 1lb higher mark when he started 3-1 fav. I thought he ran really well first time out this season when he showed he still has the ability from the Cecil days so all in all I think 16’s is worth a couple of quid.

• Total Posts 66

Well to be honest I only looked at him after reading the interview with Henry Ponsoby in today’s post. He says the horse has been laid out for this race since Ascot in June and with the very good claimer taking 3lb’s off and the ground having coming right I think he could run a big race. He has won off a mark off 100 before and will run off 99 tomorrow when you include the claim. The ground was too quick for him when he ran in this race a couple of years ago off a 1lb higher mark when he started 3-1 fav. I thought he ran really well first time out this season when he showed he still has the ability from the Cecil days so all in all I think 16’s is worth a couple of quid.

Fair enough! With £50 being a ‘couple of quid’ haha, that’s class.

Sounds justified enough, more proof that reading form alone is only a small portion of the real picture.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well we didn’t quite make the 5k but £4,412.37 is still a decent return on the season. It’s been fun and I can’t wait til next year.

The highlight? Definitely Noble Mission in the Champion. I have watched the re-run several times. What guts he showed that day.

The lowlight? Definitely Ectot. I was so convinced about this horse and still can’t work out how he ran so poorly. Perhaps we’ll never know but I’m hoping something will come to light and I am also hoping he stays in training because I still have faith in him and would love to see him against Free Eagle over 10f!

Thank you to everyone who read the thread and especially to those who contributed. It is lovely to feel that I can post on here and get things completely wrong and noone is going to judge me too harshly. That gives you confidence. Daily Lays and Plays feels like a little family with only a few special members!

Joni’s Poni’s 4 will be back for Meydan but I want to leave you with one dark horse to look forward to next Spring. A filly trained by John Gosden and owned by Price K who I am hoping will develop into a classic filly.

Lady Correspondent!!!

Have a great winter!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 188 through 199 (of 199 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.