The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni’s Poni’s – season 2

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni’s Poni’s – season 2

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 346 total)
  • Author
    softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Going nicely Joni,and Stipulate lost nothing in defeat today.

With you in hoping for another good season for Henry ,and it already looks encouraging.

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Noble Mission won his maiden at Newbury this time last year Joni, any thoughts on his chances tomorrow?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Hi Pants. I am sure he will win. His form is rock solid and I think they are hopeful he will be competing in Group 1’s this year. His only disappointing run last year was at York when they left off the hood. The danger would be Guarantee but Cecil’s horses are running so well that I would be very surprised if he didn’t win.

I think Sir H could have a treble at Newbury but I am waiting for the prices tomorrow before posting any bets. At the moment Noble Mission is top priced 6-4 so I am hoping he will drift in the morning.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So looking at this morning prices there is very little that stands out for me at Newbury today.

The two big trials look 2 horse races. I would expect Olympic Glory to win the Greenham and I would slightly favour Maureen over Roshdu Queen as I am not convinced the latter will get home. If I was to back anything in that race it might be The Gold Chenogywatsit.

Sir Henry runs three but, as at 8.41am, I see little value. They could all win but Noble Mission is 6-4, Kylacchy Rise 11-8 and Squire Olbadston 7-4! Hardly prices to tuck into especially as we know they will be tenderly ridden on their first starts.

I think NM will have the class to win but he IS a bit quirky and Tom will not want to give him a hard race.

KR has been burning up the gallops and was close to running in The Craven. He must have a great chance but I would be happier if the ground wasn’t so sticky.

The Squire is another who has received good reports from home but may have most to fear from his stablemate Hamelin who is also supposed to be more than useful.

I will probably just have a fun treble on them for small stakes.

It is over at Nottingham that I think the best value lies. Glancing at the respective form figures of Mahmood Al Zarooni and Saeed Bin Suroor makes interesting reading:

MAZ – 1,1,2,7,1,3
    SBS – 10(last),9(second last),8,4(last),13(last)

Some difference hey!

SBS runs the favourite in the 7.30 at Nottingham and I think he is worth taking on with Cecil’s

Empirical

who can be backed at 5-1. He ran very takingly at the back end of last year over what was surely an inadequate 7f. Being a half brother to Jet Away he is sure to appreciate the extra three furlongs and, whilst he may not be at the top of the pecking order at Warren Place, I think he will be good enough to win this. 5’s is a decent price in my opinion and I will back him each way.

I will keep an eye on Noble Mission’s price as I would be interested if he drifted to 2’s.

£50ew Empirical 5-1 – 7.30 Nottingham

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Going nicely Joni,and Stipulate lost nothing in defeat today.

With you in hoping for another good season for Henry ,and it already looks encouraging.

Much appreciated Softie! Yes looking good so far and could be even better after today!

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Agree Joni, with Sir Henry getting off to a flyer and NM’s form in the book he should take all the beating, 6/4 is a bit tight, Hills have just gone 7/4 so have put him in a little double with Olympic Glory.

Good luck today.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Bet of the Week!

Paul Di Resta each way for the Bahrain Grand Prix at 150-1!!!

Force India are flying this weekend and Paul is currently 4th fastest in practice. Force India are especially strong at Bahrain as their cooling system is one of the best and so their cars go well in that extreme heat.

Betfred would only allow me a miserly £11ew! But I would suggest you all try and get on. You should at least get a godd run for your money.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Agree Joni, with Sir Henry getting off to a flyer and NM’s form in the book he should take all the beating, 6/4 is a bit tight, Hills have just gone 7/4 so have put him in a little double with Olympic Glory.

Good luck today.

I did a treble on Noble Mission, Maureen and Olympic Glory. I don’t know what price Noble Mission was in running but it must have been pretty damn short. Still can’t believe he didn’t win but, sadly, my wallet does!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Good luck today.

I did a treble on Noble Mission, Maureen and Olympic Glory. I don’t know what price Noble Mission was in running but it must have been pretty damn short. Still can’t believe he didn’t win but, sadly, my wallet does!

Couldn’t believe it either Stevie! You were unlucky there mate. Sir Hen didn’t sound pleased after saying that Tom should have waited longer. NM is a quirky sort who needs to be delivered late and the last thing he wanted was to get involved in a prolonged battle with a race fit Johnston horse!

He travelled like a good horse but not sure if he will be a Group 1 one. Cecil’s horses have looked in need of their races today and a few of them have tired late home. All goes to show Hot Snap in an even better light.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Where were you today Joni?

Noble Mission looked fit enough to me. Reliable in as much as performance level, but as you say Joni, always been quirky and (imo) doesn’t always look straight-forward. Last year lazy at times and never winning by far. Today that latter trait seems to have turned into a gentlemanly "after you". Giving the race away albeit to an ultra-genuine "you’re not getting past me" rival. I was glad Universal did me a favour, but did feel a little lucky Noble Mission did not go through with his effort.

Fact Noble Mission travelled so well is encouraging for the future Joni. Possible will be effective at Group 1 level, but may be one to back for place purposes only.

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Spot on analysis as usual Mark and I noted that you were on the winner!

Would loved to have been there but was away all week so owed the weekend to the family. Hopefully will catch up with you later in the season. Maybe the Lockinge?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Bet of the Week!

Force India are flying this weekend and Paul is currently 4th fastest in practice. Force India are especially strong at Bahrain as their cooling system is one of the best and so their cars go well in that extreme heat.

Betfred would only allow me a miserly £11ew! But I would suggest you all try and get on. You should at least get a godd run for your money.

Well that was close!!! Was counting my money with 10 laps to ru only for that horrible Frenchman to do him out of a podium in the last few laps. Great run for my money though!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

SBS runs the favourite in the 7.30 at Nottingham and I think he is worth taking on with Cecil’s

Empirical

who can be backed at 5-1. He ran very takingly at the back end of last year over what was surely an inadequate 7f. Being a half brother to Jet Away he is sure to appreciate the extra three furlongs and, whilst he may not be at the top of the pecking order at Warren Place, I think he will be good enough to win this. 5’s is a decent price in my opinion and I will back him each way.

I will keep an eye on Noble Mission’s price as I would be interested if he drifted to 2’s.

£50ew Empirical 5-1 – 7.30 Nottingham

Right logic wrong horse. Still a decent run in third. I think Henry saddled several next time out winners this week.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Bet of the Week!

Well that was close!!! Was counting my money with 10 laps to ru only for that horrible Frenchman to do him out of a podium in the last few laps. Great run for my money though!

Close indeed Joni, 150/1 fourth. Shame it wasn’t a handicap. The Frenchman hadn’t done a thing this season until today. Great pick, unlucky.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Bet of the Week!

Close indeed Joni, 150/1 fourth. Shame it wasn’t a handicap. The Frenchman hadn’t done a thing this season until today. Great pick, unlucky.

Agreed! Superb bit of judgement Joni and a thrilling race! 150/1 shots are rarer than Ginge putting up one horse in a race! :lol:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Some very good racing over the next couple of days and an interesting Derby trial tomorrow at Sandown though how many actually end up even RUNNING in the Derby is debatable. I am hoping for a decent run from Al Waab who has been reportedly working well and had some very good form last year. He was always likely to appreciate a longer distance and I am hopeful he will go close without being confident enough to back him at 11-4.

As Steve has mentioned on Gord’s thread Riposte makes her debut tomorrow but it does look a strong maiden and Henry’s maidens are not being ridden to win at all costs first time out so a watching brief for me.

There will be two of big interest to me on Saturday when I am hoping to take the twins to Sandown whilst there mum is away for the day! Am I mad dragging two 3 year olds round a packed racecourse? Don’t answer. :lol:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Some very good racing over the next couple of days and an interesting Derby trial tomorrow at Sandown though how many actually end up even RUNNING in the Derby is debatable. I am hoping for a decent run from Al Waab who has been reportedly working well and had some very good form last year. He was always likely to appreciate a longer distance and I am hopeful he will go close without being confident enough to back him at 11-4.

As Steve has mentioned on Gord’s thread Riposte makes her debut tomorrow but it does look a strong maiden and Henry’s maidens are not being ridden to win at all costs first time out so a watching brief for me.

There will be two of big interest to me on Saturday when I am hoping to take the twins to Sandown whilst there mum is away for the day! Am I mad dragging two 3 year olds round a packed racecourse? Don’t answer. :lol:

I am going to keep an eye on Al Waab’s race to see how Sugar Boy stacks up with regards to Battle Of Marengo’s form. The ground will be way different today though. Galileo Rock and Eye Of The Storm should give us some idea of Trading Leather’s prospects this year, having finished 5th and 3rd behind him in the Autumn Stakes at Newmarket. As you say, not really a race for throwing up Derby winners but it should be informative with regards to others with, seemingly at least, better credentials for Epsom.

I see our old pal Tommy Chip is out tomorrow and interesting that he drops back in trip and that they think he did not stay in The St Leger and perhaps not even in The Voltigeur before that. His rapid progression last season certainly seemed to stall.

Have a good day out tomorrow.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.