The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni’s Poni’s – season 2

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni’s Poni’s – season 2

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 346 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Hoping they are going to show some racing over here this weekend. Half of it is sponsored by them so you would think so!

Two bets today

£50 win Gregorian – 10-3 – 3.15 Donny

– rock solid at this level and will like the ground

£50ew Leading Light – 5-1 – St Leger

– will outstay them.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

What do you make of Hot Snap’s chances at the Curragh Joni? She was very unlucky last time out, and whether she wins or not probably depends on how good Alive Alive Oh is. Cristoforo Colombo makes his comeback today too on a decent card.

I also like Leading Light (been one of the few horses to help my thread this season), but will sit and watch, with an ante post on Libertarian placed after the Derby.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

What do you make of Hot Snap’s chances at the Curragh Joni? She was very unlucky last time out, and whether she wins or not probably depends on how good Alive Alive Oh is. Cristoforo Colombo makes his comeback today too on a decent card.

I also like Leading Light (been one of the few horses to help my thread this season), but will sit and watch, with an ante post on Libertarian placed after the Derby.

Sorry THM – have just seen this. I fancied her but feared Alive Alive Ho. Have just watched it and the best jockey won the race didn’t he? Saying that I wouldn’t crucify TQ as his filly hit her usual flat spot and was only staying on. She looks like she needs a step up in trip but no superstar.

Leading Light was given a great ride and his stamina told in the ground. I thought Talent was going to quicken past us but she was beaten fair and square imo. Can’t believe people are moaning about Jim Crowley as I though he produced her perfectly – she was a length behind a furlong and a half out and took an age to get past GR then stayed on but Joseph was just hands and heels in the last 100 yards.

Slightly annoyed I ignored Viztoria as she was my Guineas filly – I backed her this time last year!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£50 win Gregorian – 10-3 – 3.15 Donny

£50ew Leading Light – 5-1 – St Leger

Total £2,397.55

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Some great racing at Longchamps tomorrow and I have just had 2 bets. Wild Coco has been waiting for soft ground and now that she has it I expect her to go close at 8-1 with Bet Victor. If AOB had kept Venus Di Milo fresh for this I would have fancied her but he couldn’t resist the Yorkshire Oaks and I think she had a hard race. The fav could obviously be different class but I am hoping for a decent effort from WC.

I have also backed Camelot ew as I think 6’s is good value. If you take the fav out it does not look a hot race and the Jap horse hasn’t run since March and has had lots of problems even recently. He is obviously the best horse but does not have the best record fresh whereas Camelot does.

£35ew Wild Coco – 8-1 – Prix Vermeilles
    £35ew Camelot – 6-1 – Prix Foy

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Wow!! How good is that Treve? TQ rode the perfect race on Wild Coco and she has run the race of her life but it still wasn’t enough to beat a very smart filly. I think we saw the Arc winner there guys!!!

• Total Posts 1217

Orfevre equally impressive, albeit against average competition. A fascinating Arc in store methinks!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Agreed Rich – very impressive. Not sure he beat much but he couldn’t have done it any easier. What a race in store.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Some great racing at Longchamps tomorrow and I have just had 2 bets. Wild Coco has been waiting for soft ground and now that she has it I expect her to go close at 8-1 with Bet Victor. If AOB had kept Venus Di Milo fresh for this I would have fancied her but he couldn’t resist the Yorkshire Oaks and I think she had a hard race. The fav could obviously be different class but I am hoping for a decent effort from WC.

£35ew Wild Coco – 8-1 – Prix Vermeilles

I think the above write up was pretty much spot on as Treve was different class in the end. VDM looked a tired horse – why can’t AOB learn from his mistakes? He does a brilliant job laying out Leading Light for the Leger but then over-races a progressive filly like VDM and as usual wins nothing by attempting to win everything. This is why for me he is not in the same league as Stoute and Cecil. Wild Coco will win a Group 1 given soft ground and no Treve so I’ll be looking out for her in the fillies race on Champions Day.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A Lady Cecil double today. After watching the brilliant ride James Doyle gave the very tricky Autun last night, I am hoping he can work his magic on the equally qwirky

Continuum

. I think this one will appreciate the soft ground and is still better than his mark.

I liked

Flow

when I saw him at Newmarket and he ran as if in need of the run. Hopefully he can win today.

£50 win Continuum – 7-2 – Newbury 2.30

£50 win Flow – 4-1 – Newbury 5.20

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I’m sorry but that was a shocking ride from TQ.

Participant
    • Total Posts 91

I’m sorry but that was a shocking ride from TQ.

Are you on about his ride on Flow Joni? Though TQ got boxed in I thought he was a shade unlucky that he never got the split 2 to 3 furlongs out. When he finally got Flow out in the open I didn’t think Flow quickened I thought he was staying on and went past some beaten horses..

If your on about James Doyle I agree with you 100% he never got Continuum into the race whether because he was top weight he was trying to drop the horse out the back I don’t know.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

No it WAS Flow BM. Perhaps it is pocket talk but I thought he was too passive at a crucial time. It happens I know but sometimes I think TQ could be more aggressive in making sure he gets a run.

Today I am looking to Lady C again with one bet.

Disclaimer

has been freshened up for today and I keep reading how well he is working so hopefully he will go well.

£25ew Disclaimer – 13-2 – Newbury

Total £2,322.55

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Big fan of

Brown Panther

and can’t believe he is 6-1 in a listed race. I know the trip is a problem but a slight ease in the ground should compensate. A good ew bet imo.

£35ew Brown Panther – 3.40 Goodwood

Total £2,272.55

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Hi Joni, hope you are in good form.

I noticed a well bred Lady Cecil two year old in the opener at Newmarket today called

Touch The Sky

This one is a colt by Sea The Stars out of Oaks heroine Love Divine and that’s some pedigree. I haven’t heard any vibes about him but this is the race that Telescope won last season and I’m hoping something decent might show up today. The Godolphin runner

King’s Land

is by New Approach out of Oaks winner Kazzia and they have had a pretty decent run with their two year olds this season, although their problem always seems to be bearing fruit with them the next year. The Bin Suroor horse is fav at around 7/2 at the moment and Lady Cecil’s boy is as high as 7/1, no doubt as he’s probably a long term prospect and Sea The Stars hasn’t looked to be firing out precocious sorts thus far. Should be interesting with a view to the future. Good luck if you are punting today.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Hi Joni, hope you are in good form.

I noticed a well bred Lady Cecil two year old in the opener at Newmarket today called

Touch The Sky

This one is a colt by Sea The Stars out of Oaks heroine Love Divine and that’s some pedigree. I haven’t heard any vibes about him but this is the race that Telescope won last season and I’m hoping something decent might show up today. The Godolphin runner

King’s Land

is by New Approach out of Oaks winner Kazzia and they have had a pretty decent run with their two year olds this season, although their problem always seems to be bearing fruit with them the next year. The Bin Suroor horse is fav at around 7/2 at the moment and Lady Cecil’s boy is as high as 7/1, no doubt as he’s probably a long term prospect and Sea The Stars hasn’t looked to be firing out precocious sorts thus far. Should be interesting with a view to the future. Good luck if you are punting today.

Hi Stevie! I am well thanks – have been busy this week so missed your post. It was a taking debut though wasn’t this it? Plenty of races in him I reckon.

Today I am hopeful Joyeuse will run well in the Cheveley Park but I would be wary of the French filly. I was very surprised to see

Sky Lantern

on the drift this morning. She is a brilliant filly when she has her ground as she does today and she has been given a well deserved rest after the Nassau. I am one who thought she was unlucky not to be awarded the Falmouth and I expect Hughes to get it right today. The trainer could be in better form but she is my bet of the day.

£200 win Sky Lantern – Newmarket – Sun Chariot

Total £2,202.55

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Well done Joni, another winner in what has been an excellent thread. Will you be getting involved in the jumps this season?

Viewing 17 posts - 307 through 323 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.