The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Joni’s Poni’s – season 2

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Joni’s Poni’s – season 2

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 346 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Soooo happy for the Warren Place team!! Had tears in my eyes when they interviewed Henry P!!!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Soooo happy for the Warren Place team!! Had tears in my eyes when they interviewed Henry P!!!

I slated the ride Tom Queally gave

Tiger cliff

at Royal Ascot as Tom knows to this day he should have won,todays Ebor victory only confirms that more actually as he came from off a faster pace today to quicken up like a ‘Supreme Nov hurdle’ winner!! Looking at him in the paddock and he stood out,beautifully proportioned horse who looked in tip top condition.Great result Joni like you say,Well done! By the way I’ve taken the 50’s on the machine for Cheltenham.Its bound to come up firm now!! :roll:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A couple of small bets tomorrow.

I will be disappointed if

Tiger Cliff

doesn’t go close in the Ebor. He has been laid out for this since Royal Ascot and a 4lb rise since that race looks manageable. The rain won’t have hurt his chances either.

Al Waab

could make it a good day for Lady Cecil in the Group race at Windsor. He returned to form last time out beaten only by a very good Godolphin horse that won a Group 3 easily next time out. He has Planteur to beat but you never know with that one.

I also like

Thistle Bird

in the Celebration Mile. She ran a stormer last time out and again a bit of rain won’t hurt. I have also backed

Stipulate

each way purely and simply because I would be furious if he won and I didn’t back him for once and he normally gets placed.

£50ew Tiger Cliff – 7-1 –

£35ew Al Waab – 6-1 –

£50 win Thistle Bird – 7-2 –

£25 ew Stipulate – 11-1 –

A great day and the Cecil horses did me proud. Stipulate might not have won but he would certainly have gone close with a clear run and he may start to show some of the potential I thought he had. Al Waab ran a blinder and will win a group race at some point. Tiger Cliff was awesome – simple as that!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I slated the ride Tom Queally gave

Tiger cliff

at Royal Ascot as Tom knows to this day he should have won,todays Ebor victory only confirms that more actually as he came from off a faster pace today to quicken up like a ‘Supreme Nov hurdle’ winner!! Looking at him in the paddock and he stood out,beautifully proportioned horse who looked in tip top condition.Great result Joni like you say,Well done! By the way I’ve taken the 50’s on the machine for Cheltenham.Its bound to come up firm now!! :roll:

Thanks Gord. Alan King can’t wait to get his hands on him. I wonder if he might be a group class stayer on the flat though?

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Credit where it is due – I’ve criticised TQ a bit recently but he has ridden two peaches on Tiger Cliff and the Cecil 2 year old Meteoroid today. Worth a look if you haven’t seen.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

A single short priced bet today but I mentioned Seek Again the other week when I was at Newmarket. He looked a really classy prospect and has apparently come on a load from that race.

6-4 is very skinny but I think he is far better than a 95 handicapper so I’ll play.

£200 win – Seek Again – 6-4 Kempton 8.10

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

£200 win – Seek Again – 6-4 Kempton 8.10 –

Total – £2,310.05

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well we may or may not have seen the winner of the Guineas yesterday. I suspect not but I was still impressed with Kingman and he deserves to take his chance in the Dewhurst. I think 5’s is a silly price especially when you consider Frankel was still 16’s after his second run! I mean that was Frankel – The Greatest Horse Of All Time!!! And he was 16’s! I also take on board Gord’s comments about JG readying them. I was at Newmarket the year Twice Over beat Raven’s Pass in the Craven – looking back at those two horses you have to ask – How did THAT happen?!!!!!

So maybe we didnt see the 2,000 Guineas winner YESTERDAY but we may well see him TODAY. You just watch this

Great White Eagle!

He is some horse this. I am already on at 20’s and expect him to be single figures after today.

The fillies race looks a classic and I quite like Clive Brittain’s filly to give the big two something to think about.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

GWE won well but not as impressive as I had hoped to be honest. I am going to put my money where my mouth is with Razeena.

£50 win Razeena – 9-2 Curragh 4.15

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

GWE won well but not as impressive as I had hoped to be honest. I am going to put my money where my mouth is with Razeena.

£50 win Razeena – 9-2 Curragh 4.15

That was good. She really looks the part this filly and looked bigger than the others to my eyes. No fluke about this win but doubt if we saw the Guineas winner.

Total £2,535.05

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

So maybe we didnt see the 2,000 Guineas winner YESTERDAY but we may well see him TODAY. You just watch this

Great White Eagle!

He is some horse this. I am already on at 20’s and expect him to be single figures after today.

The fillies race looks a classic and I quite like Clive Brittain’s filly to give the big two something to think about.

I take no pleasure telling you when you are wrong Joni! :wink: I get great pleasure proving the Gingerone wrong though time and time again,I never tire from it.Anyway this

Great white Elephant

has No chance of winnning the 2000gns,none simple as that and I need say no more than he’s just not Classically bred and that stat alone sees him beat! Sorry mate!
    Well done with

Rizeena

today,she brought good solid 2yo form to the table and delivered,she wont improve over the winter like

Tapestry

though so I’m not bothered about her losing today in a rough race!I have to say you are to controlling your thread like a Gary Barlow, what I am to running amok on mine like Johnny Rotten.Good judge that you are,Well done mate!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Thanks Gordio and I must admit my confidence has waned somewhat after yesterday. I keep reading that not many horses do what he does at The Curragh ie coming wide down the centre of the track – so there is a chance it was better than it looked but what disappointed me was that he didn’t look to have improved from his first run.

I won’t give up just yet as you may see a better horse in a better race and he will be stepping up to Group 1 next time but I was a shade disappointed.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So with the rain now predicted to hit Leopardstown I think the 4’s about

Al Kazeem

has to be taken. The going may well end up good to soft and this would surely dent the chances of his three main market rivals. I am taking a punt on the forecast being right but, if it is, I think it is a very good price.

£200 win Al Zazeem – 4-1 – Irish Champion.

Meanwhile it is Joyeuse time again today! Fingers crossed she puts up an impressive performance.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

So with the rain now predicted to hit Leopardstown I think the 4’s about

Al Kazeem

has to be taken. The going may well end up good to soft and this would surely dent the chances of his three main market rivals. I am taking a punt on the forecast being right but, if it is, I think it is a very good price.

£200 win Al Zazeem – 4-1 – Irish Champion.

Meanwhile it is Joyeuse time again today! Fingers crossed she puts up an impressive performance.

We’re both on Al Kazeem Joni.

I was at Salisbury yesterday. Joyeuse is nowhere near as imposing as Frankel, though what there is of her is well put together. At the same stage of their careers Joyeuse is the more relaxed. There’s certainly some temperament in the family too. The filly reminded me of Noble Mission the way she won. Not "impressive", idled quite badly after travelling best. Better than winning distance indicates; although the runner-up is improving. Can’t quite see Joyeuse as a Group 1 filly at this stage, but is (imo) Group class.

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

We’re both on Al Kazeem Joni.

I was at Salisbury yesterday. Joyeuse is nowhere near as imposing as Frankel, though what there is of her is well put together. At the same stage of their careers Joyeuse is the more relaxed. There’s certainly some temperament in the family too. The filly reminded me of Noble Mission the way she won. Not "impressive", idled quite badly after travelling best. Better than winning distance indicates; although the runner-up is improving. Can’t quite see Joyeuse as a Group 1 filly at this stage, but is (imo) Group class.

A fair assessment I think Ginge. I saw her at Lingfield and she certainly seems to have grown since then. She looked to me to be a bit uncomfortable on the fast ground so I would think she would be better on an easier surface. I agree, on Thursday’s run, she looks short of Group 1 class but I wonder if you might see a much improved filly next time out.

Today is all about Al Kazeem for me. I am glad to see it has rained enough for him to run but would like a few more mills to make life difficult for his main market rivals. Will be interesting to see if the turnaround in form at York WAS purely down to the ground.

Elsewhere a horse I think is rapidly improving is

Royal Empire

and I have backed him to win the September Stakes. I wonder why they call it that?

£100 win – Royal Empire – 11-4 Kempton 2.20

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I like this Ostaad in the next at Sandown.

£50ew Ostaad – 5-1 – Sand 3.05

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Am in Qatar so not seeing any racing but didn’t hear him mentioned!!

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 346 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.