The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

John McCririck

Home Forums Horse Racing John McCririck

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 258 total)
  • Author
    endevour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 99

as far as the ride on geordieland is concerned the result would be the same geordieland is not in the same parish as yeats if there had to be a way to try and beat yeats he would have to be ridden the same way k darley rodei think it was observery at goodwood against and i stand to be corrected giants causway where he came very wide and fast were the second could not see him until to late.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I’ve never heard one man spout so much drivel as he has today. Between gaps opening up for Bonnie Charlie (presumably between the horse and the far rail 30 yards away) and Slugger O’Toole winning because the handicapper dropped him 2lbs, it’s been very hard to listen to. Time he was pensioned off I reckon.
    Sorry wrong Forum! Move it to Horse Racing or delete it Corm, rant over!

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

I agree entirely Carvs, he insults every viewers intelligence and Cattermole ain’t much better.

Colin

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

As I never bother to watch the tiresome Morning Line anymore I’m wondering if Channel 4 have finally decided to retire John McCririck? I’m not a huge fan of the man but he certainly makes Channel 4’s broadcasts much more entertaining but I forget now the last time I saw him.

I’m wondering is this part of Channel 4 Racing’s ridiculous decision of not mentioning the betting so much it case it makes everyone march off to Gamblers Anonymous? Without gambling there is no horse racing and everyone places a wager to win money, unfortunately C4 can’t see this.

Participant
    • Total Posts 608

I believe it is to do with an appearance on the ITV program the Alan Titchmarsh Show where he was thrown off for making comments about Ingrid Tarrant.
    The head of daytime TV is Alison Sharman who is married to the then head of Channel 4 sport Andrew Thompson. She had a word in hubby’s shell-like and McCriricks role on C4 racing was drastically reduced.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Thanks Seven. No wonder Channel 4 is going down the drain….

• Total Posts 980

I believe it is to do with an appearance on the ITV program the Alan Titchmarsh Show where he was thrown off for making comments about Ingrid Tarrant.
    The head of daytime TV is Alison Sharman who is married to the then head of Channel 4 sport Andrew Thompson. She had a word in hubby’s shell-like and McCriricks role on C4 racing was drastically reduced.

I can see that happening but I don’t think it’s right. Andrew Thompson left C4 over a year ago. It’s the last month or two that I’ve really noticed McCririck isn’t on Channel 4 in the Saturday afternoon coverage as much. He must be getting on a bit now, maybe he’s not in the best condition to be standing around the betting ring for hours at a time anymore.

EDIT: Scratch the statement above, just been reading about his contact renewal. Although I think there may be something in his having to stand around the betting ring too.

On the subject of The Morning Line, it was only yesterday that I noticed that Alice Plunkett really doesn’t seem to mind being called Saucy Minx. And Francombe must have an injection of smugness when Mac calls him Greatest Ever.

Participant
    • Total Posts 608

Hi Anthony 18 Saturdays were cut from McCriricks schedule in March 2008, just after his appearance on the AT show and just after Thompson joined C4 as head of sport. JM is about 70 I think and looking increasingly doddery but that wasn’t the reason he was sidelined.

• Total Posts 980

Hi Anthony 18 Saturdays were cut from McCriricks schedule in March 2008, just after his appearance on the AT show and just after Thompson joined C4 as head of sport. JM is about 70 I think and looking increasingly doddery but that wasn’t the reason he was sidelined.

I’ve just been reading about his contract renewal, I edited my post accordingly. Maybe I should’ve done that before I made the post in the first place! :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Well I can’t see Channel 4 Racing being renewed after its current contract runs out anyway.

• Total Posts 980

Well I can’t see Channel 4 Racing being renewed after its current contract runs out anyway.

When is that? Wikipedia says it ran out on December 31st which can’t be right obviously.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

I believe this year is the first of a new three year contract which expires at the end of December 2012.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I seem to recall the C4 media announcement where it was proposed that McCirrick’s role would be reduced to accomodate the need to strive for a younger audience. C4 seems best suited to striving for no audience whatsoever. :lol:

• Total Posts 980

I seem to recall the C4 media announcement where it was proposed that McCirrick’s role would be reduced to accomodate the need to strive for a younger audience. C4 seems best suited to striving for no audience whatsoever. :lol:

If they want their betting gurus to gain a younger audience, they should take that desk away from Tanya. A bit of leg always does wonders for the viewing figures.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Must be something about the Ts with me, but
    tongue-tied Tanya and Tiresome Thommo, I can well do without.

The whole programme is dying a slow and tortuous death. Francome’s losing the plot, Jim McGrath looks utterly bored with it all and lacking the enthusiam he once had and Alistair Down’s sole role seems to be based around aiming fat fool jibes at McCririck.

As for the giggling jolly hockey sticks, Lesley Graham – the least said, the better. :roll:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

• Total Posts 980

I cannot stand Jim McGrath. Whenever he’s on the Morning Line, I mute the telly when he starts to speak. I think they should find a pro or recently retired jockey to do the pre race gubbins with John Francombe.

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 258 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.