The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

James White

Home Forums Horse Racing James White

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lodge_Lane_Fan
    • Total Posts 7

I have been watching a young conditional jockey by the name of James White in recent years, I think he is very talented and has the ability to reach the top of his game. The partnership he has struck up with Victor Dartnall horses is second to none and one to keep an eye on in the Brit Insurance 3m Hurdle at Cheltenham is Lodge Lane. Does anyone else have a view about this jockey, horse or trainer?

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Welcome to the fourm James! :shock:

I’ve never heard of him TBH although a quick glance at his stats on the RP website shows a healthy 27% strike-rate for Victor Dartnell so maybe one to look out for.

Lodge_Lane_Fan
    • Total Posts 7

My names Mike, i know a relative or his and only really got into horse racing through him so have been keeping an eye on his results. Who are your favourite present jockeys Dave?

chateauonline
    • Total Posts 45

Personally don’t rate him. At Fontwell he almost go the horse beat wrapping the first in the home straight on all 3 occasions he jumped it in the race.

Dartnall has had enough chances with decent horses, but something always seems to go wrong.

Not a yard I risk money on anymore these days. I had a painful day with them at Carlisle last November – Dartnall came on TV to say the only one of his 3 he did not fancy was the one who was not fav. It duly won at 9/1 – and White did not cover himself in glory on Sporting Rebel that day.

Lodge_Lane_Fan
    • Total Posts 7

Sporting rebel has been a hard one to win with, they didnt the ground would suit last time out and it bolted up. I know Dartnall holds White in high regard as do the owners because they were supposed to run their highly regarded champion bumper horse the other week but didnt because White was unable to ride it.

chateauonline
    • Total Posts 45

Fair enough – I first noticed Dartnall when Lord Sam came on the scene and I won a few bob on him.

But since then the wheels have come off.

Maybe I am being blinkered about White because of his association with a yard I have lost money on in the past.

But at present I would leave both well alone for betting purposes.

BTW who is the champinio bumper horse? Broomhill Flyer?

Lodge_Lane_Fan
    • Total Posts 7

Lord Sam was an exceptional horse who slightly lost his way when he got older, (a bit of a Michael Owen!!).
    The yard is still pretty small but in the last couple of years they have exceeded the previous seasons winners so hopefully they will keep improving.
    Broomhill Flyer has broken down and they think it will probably be out for a year.
    Their Champion Bumper horse will be Roganstown if it wins its bumper first time out.
    Heres Johnny will be worth looking at in the Royal&SunAlliance Chase as it keeps improving and is never far away from Joe Lively.

chateauonline
    • Total Posts 45

Thanks Lodge – I take it this bumper animal is one to lump on then on debut?

Any idea when he runs? Is he rated as highly as Karanja was as a bumper horse?

Do you work for the yard?

The Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2066

Whatever happened to James White?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8966

You have too much time on your hands TYF!! lol

Bachelors Hall
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1544

:D:D:D

This impressive bump was worthy of an investment of my time.

http://jameswhiteequineservices.co.uk/

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2723

More to the point, what happened to Lodge_Lane_Fan and chateauonline??

Mike

The Young Fella
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2066

Brilliant, thanks for the research BH. I’m pleased James is putting his talents to good use, as I thought he was brilliant in reviving a rather jaded Sir Rembrandt a few seasons back.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5407

Even more to the point what happened to

davidbrady

?

Other than Nathaniel’s jolly Ashes competition the only other I’ve had the courage to enter was that splendid Order Of Merit competition organised by yer man db

Cormack’s finest hour too :)

circa 4700 posts is a long stretch and time-served though

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

:D:D:D

This impressive bump was worthy of an investment of my time.

http://jameswhiteequineservices.co.uk/

Can add to the above that James White was also training Pointers at least as recently as 2013, and possibly even since then. The former Elaine Smith and Laura Young inmate Quinta De Lobo proved beyond reviving in his care, however, pulling up on all starts in that 2013 season.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.