The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Its a Gimme and R. McLernon

Home Forums Horse Racing Its a Gimme and R. McLernon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    no idea
    • Total Posts 685

Did anyone else watch the race yesterday.
    Was given a totally over confident ride by McLernon who only gave the horse one smack and just used hands and heels.
    He was given a riding lesson by Farrelly who in my opinion stole the race.
    Watch out for him at Cheltenham as his form is up there with the best novices this season and he should have won yesterday.
    It may turn out that the Pipe horse is something special but I will wait and see.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5938

Was given a totally over confident ride by McLernon who only gave the horse one smack and just used hands and heels.

Riding to instructions perhaps?

Not every horse responds to a ‘vigorous ride’, they are all individuals and have to be treated as such.

Rob

jumpsfan
    Participant
    • Total Posts 97

When he brought it to challenge the horse on his left jumped across him and Farrelly inevitably got first run. He could’ve knocked hell out of it and would have still finished second.

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2802

Quite obviously a prep run for Cheltenham and should have been treated as such by punters

no idea
    • Total Posts 685

Mark TT,

I appreciate what you say but is that not cheating if the general public at large have no idea about that.
    They are backing the horse on the assumption that it will run on its merits which if true what you say, it clearly di not.
    This is what is clearly wrong with the sport.
    In football, rugby etc you can gauge for yourself how a team will do before having a bet because you know what team the manager as picked.
    However in racing if the trainer is giving the horse a prep run. i.e it is not trying the public and betting public as no idea.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.