The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

It Must Be Love

Home Forums Horse Racing It Must Be Love

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1402

I will take partial blame for the mix-up. I flipped the image entitled ‘November 2007’ when I posted a reply on page one of this thread.

I can certainly see why you did that – it makes a comparison easier. Mark (Brisbourne) told me that when Thankfully last ran, Michael Stoute’s travelling head lad said he couldn’t believe she was the same horse as the one they had trained last year so even experts can be fooled.

• Total Posts 1982
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

In your post on 2nd Sept Bosranic you said It Must Be Love will be ready in three to six weeks. Has Mr. Flood got / going to get his license back again? Or is she going in to training with someone else?

Mark

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1982

In your post on 2nd Sept Bosranic you said It Must Be Love will be ready in three to six weeks. Has Mr. Flood got / going to get his license back again? Or is she going in to training with someone else?

Mark

David Flood is a licensed trainer.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Have just seen David Flood has got his license back YET AGAIN!!

Wonder how long he will last this time.

Has John Reid ever said what the (what was it?) gross misconduct (or something like that) was, that they sacked him for?

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I don’t believe it was formally reported to the BHA but I’d love it if someone who knows would enlighten us.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Why don’t the BHA make John Reid say what it is?

Having been banned once and with such a respected person as John Reid’s comments, I am surprised (according to the trainer) 100% of his old owners have stayed with him.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1982

During a visit to David’s stables on Saturday, I was informed about the details of the investigation.

David Flood and his former employers have not publicly released details of the investigation into the alleged gross misconduct. It would be disrespectful of me to divulge such information.

To the best of my knowledge, it wasn’t equine related.

The racing authorities did not get involved and, according to an article on the RP website, David stated that the BHA have been ‘really helpful’.

The well being of the filly is paramount, so it speaks volumes that, despite other available options, Druid Racing have decided to keep It Must Be Love in the care of David Flood.

I hope this answers a few questions.

Take Care

• Total Posts 1982

It Must Be Love holds two entries on Wednesday 1st October.

First preference is the 16.05 at Salisbury. A Class 2 conditions event over six furlongs. Notable entries include Princess Margaret third, Excellerator, Champagne Stakes fourth, Ouqba, Prestige Stakes fifth, Souter’s Sister and Wildcat Wizard, placed in a Deauville listed event last time out.

She needs fast ground, so if conditions at Salisbury are deemed unsuitable she will be sent to Kempton for the kempton.co.uk Maiden Auction Stakes. The seven furlong contest will be run at 18.50.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Due to run at Salisbury this afternoon, RP forecast S.P. 100/1.

Colin

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

A very hard first race to chose, 100-1 would look about right, would have to be something exceptional to win against that lot, and very good to get a place.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Taken out.

Colin

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Disappointed I did not get to see It Must Be Love today at Salisbury.

Do they know where she’ll go now?

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Think you have lost the plot Ginger that wasn’t MUST BE LOVE that ran at Salsbury it was It Must Be Love….do try to pay attention :lol:

Looks like a nice filly in the making Bos and she really sprouted in that 2 months between pics….the difference in the height of her withers and her hind quarters is very noticible in the first pics.

Hard to say how she will go on a racecoure all you can do is hope.

Take care

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Think you have lost the plot Ginger that wasn’t MUST BE LOVE that ran at Salsbury it was It Must Be Love….do try to pay attention :lol:

Looks like a nice filly in the making Bos and she really sprouted in that 2 months between pics….the difference in the height of her withers and her hind quarters is very noticible in the first pics.

Hard to say how she will go on a racecoure all you can do is hope.

Take care

What the F is that all about Fist?

Who exactly has lost the plot? Me or you?

IT MUST BE LOVE (the horse this thread is all about) was a non-runner in the 4:05 at Salisbury today.

I was only saying I was disappointed I did not get to see her in the paddock / run.

Anything wrong with that Fist, if so please enlighten me?

I think it is you who should pay attention.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1982

Apologies for the delay in responding.

Very disappointing news. Here’s the story…

IMBL was entered in three races last week, Salisbury and Kempton on the Wednesday, Goodwood on the Thursday.

I receieved a text from John on Monday morning notifying me that Salisbury was the plan. As you probably noticed, it was a very tough race for a debutant.

The decision was based on a number of factors. John was spot-on with his assumption a few days before the race that it would cut down to a six / seven runner event, so the small field was huge plus.

The trip would’ve been on the sharp side for her, but six furlongs at Salisbury is uphill and straight – a huge advantage (no bends) taking into consideration her conformation (straight in-front).

We were delighted with the draw in stall seven – on the outside, away from any argy-bargy. She needs fast conditions, so the good ground was perfect, too.

David noticed that she hadn’t been taking hold of the bit during her work and felt that a precautionary examination was necessary. Due to her conformation, she is also susceptible to chipped knees.

She was declared on Monday morning and owners badges were being finalised.

John spoke to me on Monday evening to tell me the bad news. The examination took place on Monday afternoon and unfortunately the vet noticed that she had a build-up of fluid around her knees.

Her wellbeing is paramount and the decision was made not to risk her.

She was quoted at 100/1 in the RP (a bit short, imo!) and their analyst wrote ‘Limited appeal on breeding and picked up cheaply at the sales. Tall order on debut’. Fair enough.

No decision has yet been made regarding her next entry and I will update the thread when I have more details. I don’t think she has missed too much work.

Sorry you missed her, Ginge. It would’ve been great to see her on the track – we’re hoping for better luck next time. In July, John was deciding on possible race entries. This time she was declared at the 48-hour stage. You know what they say, third times a charm.

Thanks for the kind words, Fist. She has made exceptional progress. She hasn’t been measured, but opinion was divided between 15.2 and 16 hands – not bad for a ‘cheap and backward’ filly who’s not even two and a half years old!

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Pardon my ignorance on this subject, but if the decision not to run had been made on Monday why was she down as a runner in Wednesday’s papers. I realise there are 48 hour decs. but shouldn’t she have appeared as a "doubtful"?

Colin

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.