The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

It has to stop!

Home Forums Horse Racing It has to stop!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Being a serious subject I thought this thread would be better suited ti here than Cheltenham as they are all going nuts next door due to some crazy celebrations :lol:

I just looked at the entries for the Gold Cup.

I am all for people entering competitive animals who might just win a Gold Cup if the horse has the credetials to do so. There would be no Noton Coins among the winners if that were the case.

But these 1000/1 shots that should be 100,000/1 shots should be thrown out on their backsides. This Wilson lot threatening to run Fustrien Du Paon, Contraband and Azulejo who will all be tailed off after 4 fences should be warned off as a danger to racing.

If one of these amimals jumed of in front and fell and brought down the likes of Denman months of hard work have gone down the drain in a flash.

Even if they just get in te way of a decemt horse making a run because they are so slow they are a nuicance the Gold Cup doesn’t need.

Surely all they need to do is introduce a criteria based an ratings to get rid of these idiots…….Not my thing rating but I am sure some of you gouys could come up with a figure.

This if they have the money they can enter crap should stop and stop now IMO………..155 rating make sense?

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

There is already a thread on this – entitled "Wilson horses" – in the Cheltenham forum.

For information, a minimum ratings floor of 130 has been introduced this season. Wilson is still running the hopeless, but it’s a marginally better class of hopeless.

Semantically, I’m not sure how a horse can be tailed off and a danger to racing at the same time as you put it, unless Azulejo is going to wait behind for a circuit and mug Kauto Star for his lunch money when he comes round again, but I understand the point you’re trying to make. 8)

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 27800

There is already a thread on this – entitled "Wilson horses" – in the Cheltenham forum.

For information, a minimum ratings floor of 130 has been introduced this season. Wilson is still running the hopeless, but it’s a marginally better class of hopeless.

Semantically, [b:26dm3jso]I’m not sure how a horse can be tailed off and a danger to racing at the same time[/b:26dm3jso] as you put it, unless Azulejo is going to wait behind for a circuit and mug Kauto Star for his lunch money when he comes round again, but I understand the point you’re trying to make. 8)

gc

It would be at Fontwell. :lol:

value is everything
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

It shows why Contraband was kept fresh. Not because he’s percieved to be best after an absence, but after getting beaten off 134 on his last handicap start, another defeat and he’d have dropped below the 130 threshold.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Nice answer, Ginger. :lol:

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Kifill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 139

So, is there a place in the Gold Cup for 135-rated handicappers (and a little bit upwards) who haven’t lost their form?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.