The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

is irish racing run better than british racing

Home Forums Horse Racing is irish racing run better than british racing

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    dan de man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8

seems to be alot more trouble and court cases in british racing than ireland and any where else or maybe they are better at finding things out

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Eh ………………….. what!

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

NO.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

This has to be a fishing expedition: Lol!

no idea
    • Total Posts 684

No, I just do not think anybody else bothers.

LOL

dan de man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8

not fishing just wanted to get peoples view just seems alot more things going on over the water dont want a them and us debate and whos this jakxcuinor poster i dont understand a word

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

I cover Irish racing principally at present and in a professional capacity, having covered British racing for most of my life.

Irish jumps racing is about where British racing was 20+ years ago in my view (Irish Flat racing is significantly better but not perfect).

I have brought what I regard as serious transgressions of the non-trier rule to the Irish authorities’ attention on several occasions in the last two years and their response has been totally inadequate in my opinion.

In contrast, on the few occasions I have brought similar instances to the attention of the BHA they have at least given the impression that they give a damn.

More to the point, they have actively sought to clean the game up of their own accord.

The absence of activity on this matter in Ireland should not be assumed to indicate that activity is not called for.

mulls74
    Participant
    • Total Posts 149

I wonder if the number of non-triers in Irish jumps racing has anything to do with the way the handicapper seems to work. Horses are regularly put up 10lb+ for narrow wins in poor races and even modest placed form seems to result in a large rise in the handicap.
    The rises in the weights for wins/places seem a lot higher than in the UK.

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

The prize money is better, they need too sort Down Royal out.

They are suffering from the same problem did before Lagudaire appeared (you see mare stakes run away from the paris tracks as a result of him), the best racing is around the Dublin tracks, IE Leopards Town and The Curragh.

I have seen allot of horses ridden like non triers in NH races in ireland and is annoys me, in England the stewards would be feeling the collars of connections.

The UK and Ireland horse population are one and the same, frankly I would like an Anglo Irish Turf club with a smialr reward system for locally bred (IE GB and IRE) horses, a system modeled on the French one.

The currant yearling bonus system is a ****,the French system rewards the owners and the breeders so the money gets curcalted, the agents get more cash and people want too buy locally bred horses becuse of the premiums.

Look at Once Upon A Cat on France Gallop, she is a french assiumlate (a horse though born abroad get accepted as a horse was raised in France and allowed into the french breeding program), , no world beater but a three time winner and a useful twelve furlong handicaper, look at how much her owner and breeder picked in premiums. compared too the currant IRE/GB system you can see why people race their….

ratpack
    • Total Posts 96

pru

A fellow dissenter of the current establishment.

http://www.irishracing.com/blog/blog/20 … y/#more-31

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Yes, I read that earlier today.

I have to say that I think Brian O’Connor’s blogs are among the very best going.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.