The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Is anyone else fed up of waiting now?

Home Forums Horse Racing Is anyone else fed up of waiting now?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

4 and a half days to go. It’s getting on my nerves. I’m like a kid waiting for Santa. I go to bed, I get up and from the moment I’m awake I’m on edge thinking the same things over and over again.

God knows how trainers cope.

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

The excitement and the build up is half the fun! Imagine how dull it will all be when it’s over.

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Waiting for what?

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Teofilo ;)

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

worth waiting for yes but it’s all over in a Flash [sorry..]

Imperial Cup tomorrow – Farmer Brown.   Keep you going surely……Aintree…Brocklesby…

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Yeah the flat season will be here before you know it though, so don’t worry too much.

quixallcrossettquixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

I won’t be worrying at all! Flat as a fluke springs to mind!

Cheltenham, love it, love it, love it. I always enter the RP Competition which adds to the fun, although I won’t be waiting till last minute this time, took what seemed like forever to put each entry on in the 10 to Follow, cos everyone was hanging on just in case.

The most important thing is the welfare of the horses, so fingers crossed this year. Hopefully the softer ground should help.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

3 days 20 hours and 7 minutes lol.

I’m looking forward to the start of the flat already to be honest I see it as an exciting year in prospect but we have Cheltenham and Aintree first and Chelts dominates my thoughts at the moment.

The worst period is after Aintree and before the Guineas you don’t half get some dross then. It’s not so bad this year but last year was awful with the "highlight" being Channel 4’s Kempton all weather coverage. :(

I still have a vivid picture of Derek Thompson’s shocked expression when one of the flat jockeys told him he prefered the turf to all weather.

"Why"? said Thommo. I came so close to sending him an approximate five page essay.

(Edited by Flash at 5:57 pm on Mar. 9, 2007)

zome
    • Total Posts 232

Me and Zoz have to text each other every 5 minutes to avoid us commiting accidental suicide from the sheer excitement.  I’m sure i’ve ruptured something in the last few days.<br>I don’t think i’ll sleep at all on Monday night.

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I’ve got the week off work as usual so I can snuggle up on my sofa every afternoon with a cup of tea, the Racing Post and a selection of biscuits. On the sofa that is except during races when I shall be either leaping up and down with excitement yelling at the TV or hiding in the kitchen because I can’t bear to watch!

Ohhhhh I love it! :biggrin:

(Edited by Burroughhill at 7:49 pm on Mar. 9, 2007)

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from Burroughhill on 7:48 pm on Mar. 9, 2007[br]I’ve got the week off work as usual so I can snuggle up on my sofa every afternoon with a cup of tea, the Racing Post and a selection of biscuits. On the sofa that is except during races when I shall be either leaping up and down with excitement yelling at the TV or hiding in the kitchen because I can’t bear to watch!

Ohhhhh I love it! :biggrin:

(Edited by Burroughhill at 7:49 pm on Mar. 9, 2007)<br>

<br>Lol. Get beat a short head and I can see the tea and biscuits being hurled at the telly. :noway:

<br>

(Edited by Flash at 7:52 pm on Mar. 9, 2007)

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I’m more likely to spill ’em if they win, with all the leaping up and down and celebrating I do!

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

#Moderation Mode

<a href=”https://theracingforum.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=50&topic=9&#8243; target=”_self”>Moved here</a>

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.