The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish National – Monday

Home Forums Horse Racing Irish National – Monday

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9289

I’ve only got a telly; darn’t have satellite things or I’d never get any work done; however, I am getting broadband [probably the last person in the country to do so] so may be able to watch more on the computer. Bit of a technophobe y’see!

Participant
    • Total Posts 730

I’d love Beef or Salmon to win it! Pity it’s not on the telly these days.

Scandalous, Bank Holiday Monday and no racing, AGAIN!! Channel 4, get your act together. More endless repeats of Friends,….

disraelite
    • Total Posts 26

Not sure where you’re coming from with that comment about Fairyhouse disraelite- it has one gentle hill up to Ballyhack but is as close to a flat track as you’ll get- if there are "lots of hills and valleys" they’ve been hidden from me for the last thirty-odd years!

Ok carvills, maybe "lots of hills and valleys" was pushing it a bit. But even the climb to Ballyhack and the downhill run down the far side might be a bit too undulating for Beef. Leopardstown, on the other hand, is as flat as they come.

Or maybe I’m talking through my pipe….

disraelite
    • Total Posts 26
    KendalCavalier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

Ballistraw is a big player on Monday with a major National pedigree. He’s related to Scottish National winner and Aintree third Moorcroft Boy (Well Mannered was MB’s dam and is Ballistraw’s grand dam). He’s got to be in the shake up.

Ballycullen Boy is the dark horse of the race. He should have had three wins on the bounce but for coming down when going well at Galway in July and unlike a lot in this year’s field he goes well on most types of ground. He’s another who is very well related.

If they’re still upright I am confident they will both be prominent at the business end of the race.

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

The Handicap seems about right.

But please look at the past Winners’ prices, they contradict my original sentence?? :(

Going off the last 10 years, the race should not attract substantial bets..if ever there was a race for the Legendary Pin or backing an old favourite, this is it.. :)

regards,

doyley

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Disraelite – you should go to Leopardstown. It is not flat; downhill from the winning post to the motorway bend then a steady climb all the way to three out.

TV is very deceptive; I never understood the concept of the Sandown hill till I went there.

cleeve hill boy
    • Total Posts 21

Pomme tiepy out of mondays race, ruby to ride alexander taipan

cleeve hill boy
    • Total Posts 21

free money available on betfair! you can still lay pomme tiepy 2 hours after the news came out

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Unfortunately it’s a day-of-race market, so it’ll be money back :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

ill go for Royal County Star

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Alexander Taipan, only because my boy is called Alex.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

batman
    • Total Posts 489

well the more i look atthis race the harder it is to pick somone…

beef or salmon e/w 25/1
    cool runnings e/w 20/1

royal county star looks like he will run well but that price is a bit short for this type of race see tomorrow

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Just to let everybody know that there will be a 10% deduction from all bets on Betfair when Pomme Tiepy is officially taken out.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Cailin Alainn for me.
    Showed she is back to her excellent best with her win over an inadequate 2m 2f lto, and though her trainer has expressed some doubt about her staying the trip, she certainly wasn’t stopping on the heavy ground of the Power’s Whiskey or the Cotswold.
    Ground no problem, and her hiatus apart, unbeaten over fences when she has remained upright. Could prove substantially better than her 140 mark suggests.

woodnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1

A small e.w. wager on hes on his way

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Welcome to TRF, woodnut. 8)

Colin

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.