Inter forum Champions Day competition versus Talkinghorses October 20th 2018

Home Forums Racing Competitions Inter forum Champions Day competition versus Talkinghorses October 20th 2018

This topic contains 144 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by Kris Kris 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 145 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19739

Inter Forum Champions Day Competition versues Talkinghorses October 20th 2018

I have mailed Diamond Geezer about the possibility of this happening again

We have beaten Talkinghorses in both the first two years so would be nice to record a victory this year again.
    I think it would be fair if someone from our forum runs it season ie scoring as Talkinghorses did the scoring the past two years please say if you’d like to score. all we need to do is find up to sixteen members willing to take part this year so please indicate your willingness to take part below. Thanks..

Talkinghorses have a thread up and have already attracted 10 players

Last years rules below

Rules

Entries can be made on either the Talking Horses Forum or The Racing Forum regardless of which team the player represents. Each team will consist of 16 players including one captain.

A draw is made on the Wednesday prior to the meeting whereby players are paired together and compete with each other by nominating one selection in each of the six races at Ascot’s Champions Day meeting with one selection noted as a nap.
    The first player to be drawn out on each side will be the captain for this year’s contest.
    A virtual £2 win bet will be placed on the nap with a virtual £1 win bet on your other selections.
    In the event a nap is not nominated, all selections will be settled on a £1 win basis.
    Stake money will not be included in any returns but losing selections result in losing the virtual stake.
    If your selection is a non runner, the virtual stake is placed on the favourite for that race, however joint or co favourites will be settled accordingly.
    For the purpose of this competition any Rule 4 deductions will be ignored.
    Selections (one reserve for each race allowed) must be in by 1.15PM and no submissions or alterations are permitted thereafter.
    In each match the winning player scores 3 points, a tie will be scored as 1 point each and the winning forum will be the one who scores most points.
    If the result is a tie the accumulated profit (or loss) of all the players in their respective team will be the deciding factor.
    If a team member fails to post selections, the captain’s selections are used again on behalf of that player.
    If the captain fails to post selections on the day, the captain’s and all absent players score will be calculated as a losing selection on each race including one nap.

VTC please move to competitions if this is in the wrong section. I put it here to maybe encourage any new members that don’t always participate in the other comps to maybe have a go.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1062

I don’t mind getting involved Nathan

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

TheKryptonFactor
    TheKryptonFactor
    Participant
    • Total Posts 382

I’ll happily participate.

Tonge
    Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 771

Put me down to make up the numbers if you need to!

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

I would like to take part if you need a player.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3612

Always up for a challenge me!! :good:

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7384

I’m happy to take part again Nathan always an enjoyable comp. :good:
    I won’t be able to help out though as I’m traveling home from Belfast that day, will be posting my own compy up early that week and I’ll be back in time to mark it up.
    Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    DiamondGeezer
    DiamondGeezer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 417

TH now has their sixteen players, don’t forget whoever is running this, the draw is usually made on the previous Wednesday which this year is Oct 17th.Thanks.

admin
    admin
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 661

Count me in –
    David

bob rolf
    bob rolf
    • Total Posts 3436

Count me in please
    Thanks Nathan

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4730

I’m up for it Nathan if required :good:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19739

That’s 9 in
    need another 7

Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 244

I will go as a reserve Nathan. I will be in France that week before heading to Ascot for the main event. It will be tight, but I will fill in if you are still looking for players then. I’m sure you will get 16 before that.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19739

Thanks Chris, yes I’m sure we will be fine but put you on standby just incase

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 316

I would like to take part again Nathan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 145 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.