The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

In Compliance

Home Forums Horse Racing In Compliance

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

Ok GUS, then by your reasoning he is incompetent and therefore we can lay all his horses.  The Sean Mulhern must be some ****
    ing eejit. :angry:

SHL

tiger
    • Total Posts 19

not trying to be a smart alec sir harry but sean mulryan is the owners name, mulhern is a different trainer,i don’t think this stable knows the best targets for either horse,i don’t think that makes them incompetent although running In Compliance a few more times wouldve helped.If FTP wins or runs adecent second tomorrow he almost has to go to GC,other than that he goes to RYANAIR,I wouldnt rule out IC for QM.If the Game Spirit throws up more questions than answers tomorrow and leaves the QN MTHR looking fairly open I wouldn’t be surprised that it becomes In compliance target.He would prep over 2m 4f at gowran park and be perfect for a go at stiff 2m at festival rather than taking on the various,experienced contenders that have emerged for the GLD CUP

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Quote: from SirHarryLewis on 8:03 pm on Feb. 9, 2007[br]Ok GUS, then by your reasoning he is incompetent and therefore we can lay all his horses.  The Sean Mulhern must be some ****<br>ing eejit. :angry: <br>

Why you have reached the conclusion that all his horses can be layed blind is beyond me. and the ‘****
    ing eejit’ you refer to is Sean MULRYAN

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from davidjohnson on 12:33 am on Feb. 10, 2007[br]

Quote: from SirHarryLewis on 8:03 pm on Feb. 9, 2007[br]Ok GUS, then by your reasoning he is incompetent and therefore we can lay all his horses.  The Sean Mulhern must be some ****<br>ing eejit. :angry: <br>

Why you have reached the conclusion that all his horses can be layed blind is beyond me. and the ‘****<br>ing eejit’ you refer to is Sean MULRYAN

Good chance Mulryan, pulled a fast one got all prices down on FTP, Knowing full well that In Compliance was never ever going to run in the race. "Get rid of Betfair I will live without it".

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from Aidan on 7:37 pm on Feb. 9, 2007[br]

Well the Gold Cup has been bandied about but you couldn’t fancy him for that or even have a speculative punt given that he hasn’t even run over 3m yet.

Doubts around WOA didnt stop him winning it last year over a trip in excess of anything he raced on and he hadnt even won over 3 miles.<br>

Hi Aidan – my point was that connections seem unsure about whether or not to run him so he’s not really worth an ante-post bet because they may run him in the Ryanair and run FTP in the Gold Cup.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

I hesitate to raise my head above the parapet once more but I note that In Compliance isn’t entered for this Saturday’s Red Mills Steeplechase which had been suggested as a possible target after the horse missed the Hennessy.

The horse is third favourite or joint third favourite in most Gold Cup lists, quoted at single-figure odds. Would it really be too much to ask for the trainer to make some sort of public statement about what’s happening? After he’s told the owner, of course.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Quote: from madman marz on 1:51 am on Feb. 10, 2007[br]Good chance Mulryan, pulled a fast one got all prices down on FTP, Knowing full well that In Compliance was never ever going to run in the race. "Get rid of Betfair I will live without it".<br>

You want to go back to high street bookmakers only do you?

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

Gosh, he ran a shocker (and in a clearly uncompetitive race…….sorry reet, only joking)

I wonder can we blame the ground for FTP or was this thing about the gallops being out of order anything to do with it.  

SHL

Scottf
    • Total Posts 53

Quote: from guskennedy on 9:06 am on Feb. 13, 2007[br]I hesitate to raise my head above the parapet once more but I note that In Compliance isn’t entered for this Saturday’s Red Mills Steeplechase which had been suggested as a possible target after the horse missed the Hennessy. <br>

Saturday week in the Bobby Jo chase over 3m 1f apparently.

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

Firstly, excellent post, Gus :)

After Sunday’s performance, FTP may well have to forget the G/Cup. Surely the ground wasn’t to blame.<br>Was there anything wrong with the horse?

regards,

doyley

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Although there are aspects of it that I still find slightly strange – if they "didn’t want to test him in a Grade 1 over three miles" why was he entered for and was he ever an intended runner in the Hennessy? – it would be churlish not to acknowledge that O’Brien’s statement reported in today’s Post is at least a clear indication of the horse’s current wellbeing and immediate future plans.

War Admiral
    • Total Posts 23

Good chance Mulryan, pulled a fast one got all prices down on FTP, Knowing full well that In Compliance was never ever going to run in the race. "Get rid of Betfair I will live without it".

I seriously doubt that. The man is a multi millionaire. Taking 100/1 downwards on FTP is hardly any use to him.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from davidbrady on 9:17 am on Feb. 13, 2007[br]

Quote: from madman marz on 1:51 am on Feb. 10, 2007[br]Good chance Mulryan, pulled a fast one got all prices down on FTP, Knowing full well that In Compliance was never ever going to run in the race. "Get rid of Betfair I will live without it".<br>

You want to go back to high street bookmakers only do you?<br>

Actually what I really meant to say, get rid of the ability to lay a horse to lose, its open to any amount of abuse.

tiger
    • Total Posts 19

MOB declared Forget The Past didn"t  travel well or appreciate the heavy going and will be better suited to the ryanair after all he didn’t stay the trip in the gold cup either,however he will be getting an x-ray to make sure he doesn’t have a recurrence of the back problem which kept him out for the first half of the season.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

In Compliance is "only 50-50" to run in Saturday’s Bobbyjo Chase. O’Brien says: "I wouldn’t be terribly wild about the way he is at the moment as he’s just a bit flat."

Backers of the horse ante-post for Cheltenham would be entitled to be pessimistic.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.