The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New Members Thread

Home Forums Lounge New Members Thread

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 492 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 108

Having just joined TRF, I’ve had a quick scan for an ‘Introductions’ thread but I can’t see one. Apologies if this is a duplication, but I thought it might be an idea to say a proper ‘hello’ and maybe encourage some other posters to introduce themselves for the benefit of newbies and lurkers.

Anyway, I’m Cruella. I’m a 30-something woman from NE England who has been a (mainly non-betting) racing fan for as long as I can remember. As time goes by I am definitely starting to prefer NH (a long-standing crush on Ruby Walsh has nothing to do with that, obviously… :oops: ) but I can still just about muster enthusiasm for decent Group Flat races.

Among many, many equine heroes I include Spartan Missile (I must have been the only person in Britain who didn’t want Aldaniti to win), Run and Skip, Viking Flagship and Relkeel; and on the Flat Soba, Oh So Sharp, Indian Skimmer, Giant’s Causeway and Soviet Song – the latter as I’ve been a member of Elite since 2002.

Be gentle with me…

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

…and you were doing so well until the latter half of the penultimate sentence!! :lol:

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Welcome to the forum Cruella.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Welcome, Cruella, I was shouting on John Thorne as well, m’dear.

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Welcome to the forum Cruella.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Well hello there…. I like horse racing and smilies… but am trying to behave and keep them only in the loungeroom …….. sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t…..

There are a few on here that know me but I like to keep a low profile …………………….. being an MI5 officer

• Total Posts 108

…and you were doing so well until the latter half of the penultimate sentence!! :lol:

Well, we can’t all be McManus or Magnier! :D

Amused that you consider being a member of ERC more shameful than admitting to a crush on a jockey young enough to be my…toyboy, actually…

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Oh, there’s nothing wrong with that!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 330

A long standing crush on Ruby is nothing to be ashamed on. I nearly died when I was introduced to him and was chatting to him in Perth a few months ago…I behaved like a small child (although the amount of alcohol I had consumed maybe played a factor in that!).
    Anyway, welcome to the forum and don;t be afraid to get involved in the debates.
    xx

• Total Posts 18

As the subject title suggests, am new to the forum, although have been lurking for a while :)

Eventually thought you were a decent enough bunch and though I’d take the plunge – seriously though, this seems like a great forum so am very pleased to be on board.

Am lucky enough to live in Cheltenham so am able to stroll to the Festival and generally stagger back :D – indeed this year was probably my best one yet with local boy ‘Choccy’ Thornton on Katchit, Kauto Star and Witchita Lineman ensuring I had a great week!

Oh well, I’ll stop waffling now, please pop by and introduce yourself.

Thanks

James

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Welcome to TRF, James.

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Hi James – you’re particulary welcome if you’re an argumentative b*******d.

• Total Posts 1268

Greetings James. The staggering suggests you will probably fit right in here!!!

:D

• Total Posts 18

Thanks Grasshopper – keep treading that rice paper!! :wink:

Hi Insomniac, think we’re gonna get on just fine then!! :wink:

• Total Posts 18

Greetings NV, certainly hope so!! :wink:

I’m already getting a feel for the characters in this forum!! Glad to say that they’re aren’t disappointing!!

James

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Just watch that insomniac, James – he’s a right nasty ******. :mrgreen:

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Hi James – welcome to the forum.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 492 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.