The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New Members Thread

Home Forums Lounge New Members Thread

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 492 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2

Hi Folks,
    I’m probably near to been the oldest on the TRF site :wink: , I had my first bet in 1963 and tried my first system in 1964 from a paperback called "How to Bet and WIN" (It didn’t).
    I’ve posted on ‘The Tipster’, ‘Bookiebuster’ and ‘Betmessenger’ websites and they all went ‘Base over Apex’, I do hope its not an omen :oops:

Nigel

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Welcome to the forum Grumpy. If you are really grumpy you will get on great with Conundrum the forum’s original and the best grumpy git. :mrgreen:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

• Total Posts 1083

:lol:

cider32786
    • Total Posts 1

Hi Folks,

Became interested in racing after working at a Bookies for a short period. Prefer flat racing, however Uttoxeter is local and also enjoy the day out there. Interested in learning more about the winter racing and as i attend to switch off once the flat season has finished.

Regards,
    8)

shepy
    • Total Posts 1

Hi All,

My first post, I joined recently and like the open views expressed on the forum.

I am interested in systems and although I am not a total computer programming geek my goal is to develop a computerised system based on speed ratings, mainly for the puspose of saving time although I realise that the final decision is a human one. I work in the IT industry so have a bit of a head start.

I hope to learn from the posts on here and also share any knowledge that I have with other members.

Thanks
    Shepy

Participant
    • Total Posts 6853

Welcome to Shepy & Cider.

Regards
    :cool:

• Total Posts 4

Hello Guys!

Newcomer to the forum, but been reading it for a while now.

Relative newcomer to the Racing World and still got a lot to learn! :oops:

But love a bet and the Jumps!

Look forward to learning and getting involved.

Cheers

Jon

• Total Posts 336

Hi

Just joined. Interested in horse racing for few yrs (probably thanks to Lochsong). Was in Switzerland for 13yrs where the racing scene is a bit different. Now in Ireland. Follow Aidan O’Brien, who seems not to be universally popular so probably haven’t endeared myself to everyone. Current favourite horses are Fame and Glory and Big Zeb.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6853

Welcome to McGolders & freeradical.

Enjoy "TRF".

Regards
    :cool:

• Total Posts 3

Hi all,
    this is my first post on the forum. this feels a bit like group therapy! I started out in Greyhound Racing in Ireland and Coursing too. Got involved in Horse Racing in mid 80’s, working for a few bookmakers along the way. I now compile my own ratings and pay close attention to time. Other than that i look forward to exchanging views with other forumites and hopefully we’ll all learn a few things from each other.
    Cheers!

Participant
    • Total Posts 239

Hi Folks,

this is my first post.

I’ve been into racing since wagging school to watch Troy win the Derby at the age of 10!

My interest grew once I began working and had a bit of money to spend.

I regularly going racing be it flat or National Hunt. However, I am a bit of a snob and only like the very best racing (group 1 tracks).

My favourite track is Cheltenham, and I go to just about every meeting there. I’m very lucky that my lass really enjoys racing too.

We’ve been lucky enough to have gone to Cheltenham on a few ocassions this year, Goodwood, Ascot and the St Leger meeting. We’ve also been to the likes of Longchamp, Churchill Downs and the Curragh over the years.

I like to have a punt every weekend, and I am particularly partial to an ante post wager. I currently have the following tickets in my draw;

Time For Rupert – RSA Chase
    Native Khan – 2000 Guineas
    Masked Marvel – Derby

My favourite races are the Hennessy, Welsh National, Grand National, Irish National, Champion Hurdle, Gold Cup, Derby and the Arc.

Apart from racing, I’m into football and enjoy running in half marathons.

I hope I can bring something positive to the forum.

Bobby Bluebell

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Welcome to the forum both.

• Total Posts 15

Hello!

I’ve just found this forum and looking forward to dipping in and out.

I’ve been interested in racing for many years but only in the last 15 have we been taking an active part. We’ve been members at Cartmel for 15 years and love our visits to that unique course. I worked at Aintree during the National meeting for several years that was special.

I’m now a Voice of Racing and having a wonderful time visiting different courses and writing on our experiences. The aim of the website is to try and attract new people to racing through reading our blogs watching our video’s etc. It’s only been going just over a month so still early days!

The bonus for me is I get to go racing much more regularly, hubby doesn’t mind either!

I bet on a regular basis, not a huge amount I hasten to add, but a little bit on a race or two during the afternoon does help the ironing get done!

http://www.lovetheraces.com

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Welcome to the forum Scottish Voice – there are a few other ‘Scottish Voices’ on here (including me).

Is this you?

http://www.lovetheraces.com/voices-of-the-races/hilary/

If it is you I had a read of your blogs and thought they were very good (if it isn’t you I still read the blogs and thought they were good!)

Feel free to post on the forum anytime, we’ve lots of people eager to see how this initiative gets on.

• Total Posts 15

That’s me!

Thanks for your kind words about the blog, it’s such fun!

Really hope it works, best way to help is to join the site & become a fan – hopefully of me!

freddyflaps
    • Total Posts 6

Hi folks. Been interested in racing for years, but never really got into the internet stuff until recently.

But glad I did cause there are some really great sites out there, including this one.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

We’ve been members at Cartmel for 15 years and love our visits to that unique course.

I like you already!

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 17 posts - 273 through 289 (of 492 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.