The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

I Am Officially Old

Home Forums Lounge I Am Officially Old

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I filally have confirmation I am getting old.

Coming home from a day out in London yesterday I was on a busy commuter train – standing room only.

For the first time in my life someone, a lad in his 20’s, actually stood up and offered me his seat.

I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry!!

Actually I took up his kind offer – as my feet were killing me having been walking all day.

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

Paul, You sure he didn’t think you were heavily pregnant :D That said, how refreshing that some people still put others first….

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Is it finally old or finally looking old .. I’ve looked about 40 for the last 20 years and I’m 45 .. !!

Too much sex, drugs and studying the form.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8393

The last time that happened to me was on a boat trip in Crete, and I told myself that it was because the lad who gave me his seat wanted to stand closer to the nubile young lady that I was stood next to. When we went to London the other week the first thing I said to S.O. was that I hoped no one would offer me a seat on the tube, because it would ruin my day. I am, however getting quite excited about the prospect of getting free prescriptions, free bus travel and reduced rail fares and entry to racecourses.

Ian
    • Total Posts 1415

The age law according to me :

0 – 12 Child
    13 – 19 Teenager
    20 – 29 Young Adult
    30 – 39 Adult
    40 – 59 Middle aged
    60 – 79 Old
    80 – 99 Flipping ancient
    100 + Miracle

That little table will define whether or not you are old. :wink:

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I like your table Ian – it still leaves me middle aged :lol:

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

You wouldn’t have felt as old as you did Paul if you hadn’t actually taken the seat :lol:

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

Paul, tired feet?

I had you down as more of a tiger feet – HERE[/color:mmstrwin]

I bet you’ve still got a few moves to show these youngesters :wink:

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Paul, tired feet?

I had you down as more of a tiger feet – HERE[/color:2zn6mtul]

I bet you’ve still got a few moves to show these youngesters :wink:

Good grief Pete – now that does take me back – memories of Friday and Saturday nights at Johanna’s and Nero’s (I think that was the one next door)

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

[Johanna’s and Nero’s (I think that was the one next door)

OMG :D

Paul, where you in the Senior Service?

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

[Johanna’s and Nero’s (I think that was the one next door)

OMG :D

Paul, where you in the Senior Service?

Not directly – but I was indirectly.

Small world eh?

Although I am, to all extents and purposes, a Pompey boy – moved to the area when I was five and I still call it "home" – parents still live in Southsea .

Although I see both Joannas and Nero’s are all boarded up now.

Roddy Owen
    Participant
    • Total Posts 441

The last time that happened to me was on a boat trip in Crete, and I told myself that it was because the lad who gave me his seat wanted to stand closer to the nubile young lady that I was stood next to. When we went to London the other week the first thing I said to S.O. was that I hoped no one would offer me a seat on the tube, because it would ruin my day. I am, however getting quite excited about the prospect of getting free prescriptions, free bus travel and reduced rail fares and entry to racecourses.

Having reached age 65 yesterday it is very nice getting my pension,heating allowance ,no social security to pay,extra pension ,( bus pass although never use the bus) but I didn`t know I had free passage to the racecourse? Good old boy.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

It is getting worse – I have now had my first "senior momemt"

Ages ago I booked flights to go racing at Perth next Tuesday.

Flying out 07:00 back 19:55 only to look at the entries to suddenly notice next Tuesday’s meeting is an evening meeting – last race 21:15. What an idiot!!!

The afternoon meeting is the following day. So I went online to see if I could change my flights and was delighted to see the increase in flight cost was only £3 each way. Then came the sting – there was a £22.50 admin charge for each flight – so an extra £51 to pay.

That will make me pay more attention in future.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6226

Paul

You weren’t the only one who got things mixed up. I had it in my head that Perth were racing Wednesday and Thursday, but since I’ll probably just attend the evening meeting it wasn’t too much trouble to adjust my timetable. Given that some here seem to think I know something about Scottish racing I really ought to have known better!

Rob

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.