The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hunt Ball

Home Forums Horse Racing Hunt Ball

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    GodolphinArabian
    • Total Posts 275

Omfg what an horse!!!!

Tuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

It’s hard to believe he raced off a mark of 69 in November :shock:

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29897

Brilliant. What racing is all about!

Value Is Everything
    aaronizneez
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1748

What a fantastic win for connections. Jump racing at its very best

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Crazy. This horse goes off at odds of 14, 100, 80, 100 in its first four races, beaten an agg. of 200+ lengths. It has gone off as fav in every race since, winning 7 of 8 inc. winning an ultra competitive festival race off of 12st. WTF gives?

rich1985
    • Total Posts 1218

Has found amazing improvement, Burke has done an excellent job. A true rags to riches story a la Sergeant Cecil on the flat.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29897

Great to see a horse fully campaigned win at Cheltenham. Not a whisper of hiding his light under a bushel. JP please take note. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 811

Well NEVER expected him to reach these heights after seeing him win at local point-to-point … and I should think his past connections are wondering why they let him go … lovely story involving some great and colourful connections!!!

ivanjica
    Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Yes, a fantastic fairytale. Is his climb up the handicap ratings unprecedented?

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 677

Fantastic stuff. Who knows how far he’ll go?

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Great to see a horse fully campaigned win at Cheltenham. Not a whisper of hiding his light under a bushel. JP please take note. :wink:

You don’t think that JP having a multitude of horses in training with numerous trainers here and in Ireland means that they may be campaigned along diverse lines?

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29897

Anyone who buys a Timeform form book EF, knows how many times JP’s horses have the term "tenderley handled" up against their name. Seems to happen with quite a few trainers. Another winner today came from just such a run last time out. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

As he pays for their upkeep and does much to sustain horse racing, I find your gripe wholly unjustified.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29897

As he pays for their upkeep and does much to sustain horse racing, I find your gripe wholly unjustified.

If you don’t get Timeform EF, you wouldn’t know whether it was justified or not.

Hey, I made what was meant as a compliment to connections of Hunt Ball, nothing else. Not a "gripe". This thread is about a wonderful horse and his rise to the top.

I just find an open campaign like Hunt Ball more enjoyable than some others. No big deal. JP has his good points too, particularly how he looks after his retired racehorses.

Value Is Everything
    nighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

What a fantastic win for connections. Jump racing at its very best

A fantastic horse to own and what a great owner! Anthony Knott shows such enormous pleasure in his ownership that you could not possibly begrudge him his luck in having this potentially great young horse. Cannot help but wish him luck with Hunt Ball (but maybe time to stop hopping up double on him at the drop of a hat!)
    :D

PS – Slightly confused. What has JP got to do with Hunt Ball?

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

If you don’t get Timeform EF, you wouldn’t know whether it was justified or not.

Hey, I made what was meant as a compliment to connections of Hunt Ball, nothing else. Not a "gripe". This thread is about a wonderful horse and his rise to the top.

I just find an open campaign like Hunt Ball more enjoyable than some others. No big deal. JP has his good points too, particularly how he looks after his retired racehorses.

So how can what Timeform prints justify your criticism of a man whose considerable expenditure affords you no small degree of entertainment. Your opinion is your opinion, trying to support that opinion by implying a tenuous link to a respected organization does not give it greater credence.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29897

So how can what Timeform prints justify your criticism of a man whose considerable expenditure affords you no small degree of entertainment. Your opinion is your opinion, trying to support that opinion by implying a tenuous link to a respected organization does not give it greater credence.

Stop trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill EF. Team McManus likes to get their horses well handicapped. Not saying they’re doing anything wrong. Neither were Timeform saying they were doing anything wrong. It’s a fact of life.

"Rather tenderly handled" does not mean they’ve done anything wrong.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.