The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hunt Ball – a fun competition – name the price

Home Forums Racing Competitions Hunt Ball – a fun competition – name the price

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    rob2005
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

DBS have confirmed that hunt ball will be part of Wednesdays sale with Knott confirming the horse has not been sold yet despite reports in the racing post. Via DBS twitter feed

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

…and he’s gone!

Sold in a private deal to Nick Carter and Stephen Price to race in the United States.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Nope, off to the States for an undisclosed sum.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-ra … t7DaysNews

• Total Posts 433

A bit of a blow to DBS, who must have been hoping for a bigger attendance tomorrow.

rob2005
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

Shows Knott’s customary lack of class when last week he was denying the sale to America to DBS last week which led to them putting out that tweet.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Aw man….way to spoil a good competition!!!!

I hope AK wakes up some morning with a green P on each cheek (and not on his face either) :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1658

Since Hunt Ball is going to Jonathan Sheppard you all can rest assured he’s in good hands. I’m very excited to see him at Saratoga.

I don’t think he’s the highest rated horse to come to America, though. That would be L’Escargot :D .

HuntBall
    • Total Posts 1

Really really disappointed . He’s the owner so ultimately selling is his perogative but I think rightly or wrongly irrespective of his his effusive praise at the time for Hunt Ball when he repeatedly and with many interviewers stated that the horse had helped to make up for a bad winter at his dairy , persons might be forgiven for thinking that the horse was a cashpoint which wasn’t paying readily enough . He was very VERY fortunate to have come across such a good horse and for many of us whose horse loving roots started in primary school it would be equivalent to selling a child . I lost track of the number of interviews in which he praised the horse notably Nick Luck pre Cheltenham 2012 stands out where he said he will win at Cheltenham I don’t want to be negative because it is no business of mine if he chooses to sell but I was one of the little people who bought into the magic back then and those stories don’t come along often . Loved this horse and thought Anthony Knott was a fantastic ambassador for racing if unconventional . Don’t know what to think now honestly . Just a great shame that its come to this and now it’s confirmed as a US purchase I hope that the horse won’t run on lasix

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

…and he’s gone!

Sold in a private deal to Nick Carter and Stephen Price to race in the United States.

Thus underlining what a **** Knott is.

Can’t even be honest about that.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1658

Just a great shame that its come to this and now it’s confirmed as a US purchase I hope that the horse won’t run on lasix

As I said, Jonathan Sheppard is far and away the greatest American jumps trainer of all time, an exceptional horseman, and one of the most honest men you’d ever meet. He is the polar opposite of this Knott fellow.
    http://www.drf.com/news/training-way-nature-intended
    http://www.thisishorseracing.com/news/i … ying-trade

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

Really really disappointed . He’s the owner so ultimately selling is his perogative but I think rightly or wrongly irrespective of his his effusive praise at the time for Hunt Ball when he repeatedly and with many interviewers stated that the horse had helped to make up for a bad winter at his dairy , persons might be forgiven for thinking that the horse was a cashpoint which wasn’t paying readily enough . He was very VERY fortunate to have come across such a good horse and for many of us whose horse loving roots started in primary school it would be equivalent to selling a child .

Think that’s going too far. Racehorses aren’t meant to be pets and this case isn’t any different to the many owners who have sold their "horse of a lifetime" to McManus, Hales, O’Leary, etc.. Yes it’s a shame that Huntball won’t be racing in the UK, but who can blame Knott (who probably needed the money after his gambling losses last season) for taking the best offer available?

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.