The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

How to create a lay system?

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips How to create a lay system?

Viewing 2 posts - 18 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    InputDelay
    Participant
    • Total Posts 30

Used to use a spreadsheet.
    Do the form for a race and put in my perceived percentage chances.
    Had to total 100%.
    Then id do he book based on my perceived %s. Lay or back accordingly.
    There were a few “bots” which could make it easier but i only used them for trading prices and the book features it think would have cost more money. If I had had more time I may have dabbled in that.

Lonesilver
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7

The method of gingertipster is the way to go. If I can find them I will report back but a few years ago I rated over 3000 horses and determined an edge %. For instance if I rated a horse 3/1 (25%) I needed 4/1 (20%) before I logged the selection as a bet and in reverse if I rated a horse $20 (5%) I logged them as a lay at $10 (10%). Both methods did ok without being startling however I did not want to do the form on every single runner and then price them all and then be hunched over a screen all day nor did I want to spend time learning Betangel and any other similar setup. It just did not fit into my personal family/wife life. There was also the really annoying times when a track was rated good on a Thursday yet on raceday conditions changed.
    These days I find it easier, though “easier” is the wrong word, to just pick best bets, follow a trainer or two at the right odds and back the odd roughie that I feel the market has wrong.

Viewing 2 posts - 18 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.