The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

How good is Blue Ksar?

Home Forums Horse Racing How good is Blue Ksar?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

think he will do well at goodwood

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Blu Ksar is more than capable of running a big race. I’d be very surprised if he proved good enough to beat Cesare.

Blue Ksar beat Army Of Angels 2 1/2L towards the end of last season. Army Of Angels was beaten 4L by Dunelight in June who has twice been well beaten by Cesare. Blue Ksar is 3 / 3 on gd-sft ground and would prefer easier conditions.

I find Finicius a cracking ew bet at double figures. Ran well when beaten just under 4L by QEII entry Tariq in competitive 7F event at Goodwood on latest effort. Will appreciate extra furlong and sure to improve on only his fifth start.

Ceasre for me. Dunelight the danger if allowed to dictate matters unchallenged. Finicius ew value.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Think he needs 9/10 furlongs and juice in the ground to show his best

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

I thought he ran better than I expected.

Shocking ride, mind. Dettori sat there thinking he’s got it won 2f out and let the eventual winner and runner-up get a rhythm and momentum on the outside to overtake and by the time he realised it was all too late. The man is a liability at the moment.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Dettori also seems averse to riding out at the finish unless he’s got a chance of winning. Might start laying him in the place market…wonder if anyone has any stats on him?

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

There was nothing wrong with the ride Dettori gave the horse.

Blue Ksar put up a similar effort in the Diomed. Came there to win his race at the two furlong pole but only stayed on at the one pace. Dettori put him in a position to win the race but the horse didn’t have the necessary gears. He rode the horse close to the pace and gave him every chance – something that you need to do at Goodwood.

The horse needs a strongly run 10 furlongs on soft ground. There’s no reason to knock Dettori just for the sake of it.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Hardly the same as the Diomed. There Blue Ksar got another horses blind thrown over him at the start there and lost a few lengths, raced held up in last and came to win his race but was outpaced by Blythe Knight. I agree he needs softer ground to show his best but Saturday’s ride was not one of the Dettori’s finest. He came there travelling well and rather than go on and use his obvious stamina, FD decided to wait and, IMHO, wanted to win it ‘Hollywood style’. By waiting to use a turn of foot that i’m not so sure Blue Ksar possesses, he played into the other riders hands and allowed them to catch him unawares. It isn’t the first time this season it has looked to me that Dettori doesn’t know the horse he has under him, Ramonti in the Lockinge being the most obvious example.

I’m not having a go at Frankie for the sake of it, and we all have off days, but I know I would rather have Kerrin McEvoy (or Ryan Moore, Spencer, Fortune, etc) riding a horse for me at the moment over Dettori. But obviously not Richard Hills.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Librettist
    Michael Hills when riding for his father has been a good combination to follow blindly for many seasons.

Over the last 5 years the strike rate is an exellent 21% and although there was a very small loss in 2003 of £183.00 to a £100 level stake the other 4 years have been good and the same stake shows £4,680.00 level stake profit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.