The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hot Tomato

Home Forums Horse Racing Hot Tomato

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Imperialcall
    • Total Posts 21

Can anyone remember anything about a horse called Hot Tomato?

It ran in the Grand National several years ago but I can’t find a website which has got complete results on which goes back far enough.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Total Posts 25

Must be 15/20 years ago I guess but on my vague recollection one of the few horses I ever remember falling at 30th fence.

Might even have been Norman Williamson who was on board….

• Total Posts 25

Found a website called Grand National Anorak, Hot Tomato fell at 30th fence in 1983 – haven’t a clue who rode though

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Fell 30th (last), 1983.

He was ridden by J Burke (replacing regular rider Boots Madden, for whatever reason), and was sent off at 100-1. Bill Clay trained.

The rest of that season, before and after the National, had been spent in 2m-3m2f handicap chases around the Midlands tracks. He won none of those contests.

Haven’t the time to research this one any further than that this evening, but hope this helps.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Imperialcall
    • Total Posts 21

Thanks for the help

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 787

Pretty vague stuff I`m afraid but remember him running for Arhtur Stephenson and then via the sales trained by John Edwards. Thought he was 2 – 2 1/2 miler to start with .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.