The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Henrythenavigator

Home Forums Horse Racing Henrythenavigator

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Galejade
    • Total Posts 185

Obviously henrythenavigator is a very good colt but 7/1 for next years 2000gns!!!? Its got to be a joke hasn’t it?<br>Incidently without crabbing him he looks more of a galloper rather than a class finisher and this type over the years do not always show the same brilliance as 3yO’s.

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

yeh that price has to be a joke I agree. however im not sure he looks  like just a galloper, he obviously stays more than 6f, he already won over 7f, so an out and out sprint finish may have seen him caught a little short of pace as opposed to some. time will tell but i think he may have a pretty sharp finish over a longer trip.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

He won a decent renewal of the Coventry yesterday over a trip which, whilst unproblematic, was undoubtedly on the short side. Couple that with a blistering debut victory and this horse looks class through and through.

But I would agree that 7/1 is absolutely crazy.

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Suppose they are taking the view that GW won the 2000 and was out as early as this, but of course really anything under 16/1 is ridiculous.

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

it’s purely because he’s a ballydoyle horse, its exactly the same with yoursothrilling in the 1000, admittedly i did have a small wager on her at 33/1, but he price now is a joke no matter what theyve achieved with so few races under the belt and more than 10 months till it happens single figure prices are stupid.

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

I was sceptical yesterday about him coming back in trip and thought that the likes of Pencil Hill (he looks to have been in the wrong race, and probably would have enjoyed the Windsor Castle more)  would have taken him of his feet. I was  impressed, though, with the speed ‘Henry’ showed ; he certainly doesn’t lack ‘ toe ‘ for a horse who’s , imho, going to improve over  further.

At this stage he’s a worthy Guineas favorite, but I have to agree that 7s is far too short for a race over 10 months away. I am envious , though , of all those who took the 20s after his Gowran win.

<br>

(Edited by ClintM at 8:15 pm on June 20, 2007)

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Surely its just a case of the bookies trying to get  ‘stupids’ money at the shortest possilbe price while the horse’s win is fresh in the mind.<br>Maybe it’s also a way of getting back some of the loses from a horse thats just won.

benbdb
    • Total Posts 164

exactly look at this yera, Teofilo and HRE were the only 2 horses with a squeak according to the ante-post market, and then neither ran. and that was if you were betting in march, this is june.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.