The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Henry Cecil’s juveniles

Home Forums Horse Racing Henry Cecil’s juveniles

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Does anyone know what juveniles he has in training?

I haven’t got my Horses In Training book yet and his website only gives their names. Could anyone shed some light on the breeding?

Would be much appreciated!

http://www.myspace.com/stabletours

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Try entering their names in the Racing Post database, as those who have been entered at some stage will have had their details made available. Alternatively, try the website below.

Pedigree Query

aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Cheers lgr. Very helpful.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Quote: from trackside528 on 9:53 pm on May 15, 2007[br]Don’t have a complete list Aidan, but I know he has a colt by AP Indy out of Miesque.. some pedigree that is.. mind you, his full-brother Mingun wasn’t much better than Listed-class..

The horse’s name is Judpot btw..

<br>Judpot hold a Derby entry for 2008

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

I wouldn’t use Mingun as a comparison, he never seemed to stay sound for more than 5 mins. His Juddmonte 4th was a bit better than Listed form though.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Mingun was a little flattered in his 4th placing as i think Norse Dancer and Kalaman underperformed. He reached a peak of 113 but id say he was a true 102-105 horse and would of picked up the odd weak group 3 had he of stayed around.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

I may actually correct myself a little, come to think of it Kalaman dissapointed a little but was surely the most overated animal in training and his supposed bad luck in the st james refelected his price for a long time afterwards.

Jane
    Participant
    • Total Posts 50

Of course Judpot’s other half brothers also include Kingmambo and Miesque’s Son.

A few other well bred two year olds he has include Timetable, a half brother to Passage Of Time by Observatory; Crystany, a daughter of Crystal Music and Colourful Move, a half brother to Wince.

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

According to Horses In Training, Cecil has thirty nine juveniles. Abdulla owns ten of them and Stavros Niarchos’ executors own another five, Judpot being one of them. He has seventy eight horses in total.

On the subject of Horses In Training, it’s very sad that some of the top yards don’t submit lists. Raceform have to compile what can only be partial details from "information in the public domain." Culprits include Johnston, O’Brien, Oxx, Stoute and Bin Suroor. Other trainers, some with bigger strings, take the trouble. Why can’t they all?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.